• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Quotes:

Poch: “At the moment it is impossible to give you the date. It is a good recovery at the moment. We are happy, but it’s impossible to predict the time, when he is maybe ready to train with the team and to start to play.”

On bringing Yedlin in in Jan: "It’s not a moment to decide as we need to wait for the evolution of Kyle’s situation. We need to give time for Kyle to recover from his injury. We have time to decide but it’s impossible now to make a decision now.”

Inferred from the lack of clarity. Been like that with walker from the start. No information is bad news. See his comments about Rose and Capoue likely to miss The upcoming Europa game specifically because of knocks that we shouldn't worry about.

Inferred from the lack of clarity. Been like that with walker from the start. No information is bad news. See his comments about Rose and Capoue likely to miss The upcoming Europa game specifically because of knocks that we shouldn't worry about.

The lack of clarity because of not wanting to pressuise Walker into rushing back by setting approximate dates and also frustrating the fans by saying when should be back and then not realising that target. The only definitive statement given was that it has been a good recovery, to start setting dates for return to fitness would be stupid....

The lack of clarity because of not wanting to pressuise Walker into rushing back by setting approximate dates and also frustrating the fans by saying when should be back and then not realising that target. The only definitive statement given was that it has been a good recovery, to start setting dates for return to fitness would be stupid....

Now that's not very exciting is it? That sort of attitude wont sit well with the gods of the Premiere league where every thing is "make or break" "next messi " etc etc.

I can see Yedlin being drafted in as soon as possible.

I don't know - Naughton and Dier have been two of this season's success stories so far.

Another issue with Yedlin in January is that we need to get rid of another O/S player to make room for him.

Yedlin is apparently having to wait to see if he can get a Latvian passport in order to come over in January. IIRC he could qualify for one via his mother's side of the family, but if he is refused then he won't be able to come over and start playing until Summer 2015. Whether or not that means he can't join us and train IDK.

I don't know - Naughton and Dier have been two of this season's success stories so far.

Another issue with Yedlin in January is that we need to get rid of another O/S player to make room for him.

That's true. We are not in the worst shape at RB, though I think Dier's form has fallen off a bit after an initial impressive start. I saw mentioned in a recent article about Walkers injury that we were going to try and get Yedlin in early, but they could have been using the 2+2 method of journalism I suppose.

I don't rate Dier as a fullback.... I think it weakens the team overall when he plays there. While Naughton will never be a World beater, he understands the role and seems to give the team a better balance compared to when Dier plays there.

I think Dier is a centre half and that is where we should be playing him.

That's true. We are not in the worst shape at RB, though I think Dier's form has fallen off a bit after an initial impressive start. I saw mentioned in a recent article about Walkers injury that we were going to try and get Yedlin in early, but they could have been using the 2+2 method of journalism I suppose.

Scoring goals was never really a good measure of a defender's form.

Walker posted an Instagram pic of him going gym saying "grafting in the gym #notlong #coys"

So who knows when he will be back.

Back