• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Age plays a big part, Modric is six and a half years older. Then again, Cazorla's older than Luka and he's way ahead of him so yeah it's obviously complete nonsense ... nice to see Kyle recognised though :)

What is the situation with Walker? Is he fit? Based on the numerous comments I have read on this forum over the past 6 months most of you do not seem to rate Naughton and preferably want him out of the club.

The thing is, based on pre season Naughton has not done too badly, but most importantly we have not seen much of Walker. I for one expected him to start or at least appear today but there was no sign of him. So based on around 45 minutes of pre season is Walker going to start next week? It would be a surprised if he did.

I too think Walker is the better player but the questions to be ask are firstly does Poch rate Walker over Naughton? And if he does, is Walker actually fit enough to play first class football?

Last edited:
I love walker, I think he's one of the best around, I'm also completely happy with naughton as a backup, his poor games all seemed to come at LB but even then he wasn't the worst lb at the club (lol)

hopefully walkers injury clears up soon

Naughton definately has looked a better player so far under Poch. I'm also concerned about Walker. He's been present in training as the pictures show him there with everyone else. Perhaps he is just unfit

Should have gone under the knife, when he got the injury back in march.

But he thought, he could nurse himself through the end of the season and go to the WC - which in the end didnt happen.

And yes I know - hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Should have gone under the knife, when he got the injury back in march.

But he thought, he could nurse himself through the end of the season and go to the WC - which in the end didnt happen.

And yes I know - hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Has he had his op now?

We need to bring Yedlin now, I am surprised we didn't try out Fredericks a bit more. I like his positive intent and crossing but he may not be strong defensively.

Has he had his op now?

We need to bring Yedlin now, I am surprised we didn't try out Fredericks a bit more. I like his positive intent and crossing but he may not be strong defensively.

From what I've seen of Fredericks (witch isn't alot), he's innsanely fast, decent in attack, and a massive liability while defending. Do not think he's ready to cover for Walker if Naughton goes.

sounds like he is permanently crocked.

Isn't this his first injury of this length? I think some patience is in order.

Has he had his op now?

Or we can just keep Naughton.

I haven't seen much of Yedlin, like most here, he seems talented, but with the step up to the PL and adjustment needed I'm not convinced we can count on him to come in now and do a job straight away. I would feel more confident having Naughton against West Ham than Yedlin, although Yedlin would be more exciting.

Im very comfortable with Naughton, he is doing well under Poch in pre season IMO....

Absolutely. Did well most of the time at right back last season too, did well at Norwich when he was there on loan and if he gets an extended run of matches at right back because of injuries to Walker I think he will do fine.

If we're looking to sell him an extended run of matches + EL matches etc might even increase his price and selling him in January might be better than selling him now.

Im very comfortable with Naughton, he is doing well under Poch in pre season IMO....

Agreed. Naughton is a decent right back, considerably better than the second choice right back at most other PL clubs and would be the first choice starting right back for a number of them. I think a lot of the negativity towards Naughton comes from his performances while playing left back for us, where he was not only playing out of position but also with very little protection with the opposition often looking to overload that part of the pitch to exploit this.

I also think that some people may revise their opinion of Rose this season, with us likely to have a more balanced shape to our defensive play.

Back