• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Higher, keep going higher. 60m+. 65m+. 70m+. See how much we can bleed Abu Dhabi's sovereign investment fund - not like we're fleecing Mancunians, we're just keeping up with prevailing market trends and gouging their Emirati owners. ;)

Not like it's unwarranted, anyway - best RB in the Prem, supremely adapted to our system, has a lot of years left on his contract, English, has only just turned 27. We hold all the cards here - more so because we have CL football and a capable backup in Trippier to replace Walker if he kicks up a storm (not suggesting he will, but *if* he wants out, it's a possibility).

Also, Bluemoon is getting salty over the Mirror's reported price, if anyone wants a bit of entertainment. On their 'Rose/Walker' transfer thread. Aw, diddums, a club literally built on endless oil money is b*tching about being treated as such in the transfer market. :)

Last edited:
Higher, keep going higher. 60m+. 65m+. 70m+. See how much we can bleed Abu Dhabi's sovereign investment fund - not like we're fleecing Mancunians, we're just keeping up with prevailing market trends and gouging their Emirati owners. ;)

Not like it's unwarranted, anyway - best RB in the Prem, supremely adapted to our system, has a lot of years left on his contract, English, has only just turned 27. We hold all the cards here - more so because we have CL football and a capable backup in Trippier to replace Walker if he kicks up a storm (not suggesting he will, but *if* he wants out, it's a possibility).

Also, Bluemoon is getting salty over the Mirror's reported price, if anyone wants a bit of entertainment. On their 'Rose/Walker' transfer thread. Aw, diddums, a club literally built on endless oil money is b*tching about being treated as such in the transfer market. :)
It is like they have forgotten all about shaun feed the goat goater. I can never forget seeing andy booth upfront for us, they need to show some humilty.

Emirates Marketing Project are set to begin talks with Tottenham over the potential signing of Kyle Walker, according to Sky sources.

Sky Sports News HQ understands that City's approach could come as early as this week, following England's international against France on Tuesday.

Manager Pep Guardiola is thought to be confident of landing the England right-back and hopes to strike a deal for as little over £40m as possible.

But Tottenham, who gave Walker a new five-year contract last September, are under no pressure to sell the 27-year-old and are understood to value Walker at closer to £50m.

City are certainly unaware of any increase in Spurs' valuation towards £60m, which was cited by several newspapers over the weekend.

Sky sources claim Walker is relaxed about his future, and is not agitating for a move away from a club at which he has spent the past eight years and harbours a deep affection for.

But he is understood to have been unhappy at not being selected for particular games towards the end of the season, as manager Mauricio Pochettino rotated him with Kieran Trippier.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...in-talks-with-tottenham-over-kyle-walker-move

daniel-levy.jpg

I think we all agree Walker is the first choice RB for England at the moment but can you imagine if next season Trippier takes that berth from him. Based on superior crossing ability and defensive concentration.

I think we all agree Walker is the first choice RB for England at the moment but can you imagine if next season Trippier takes that berth from him. Based on superior crossing ability and defensive concentration.

It's possible but that doesn't mean we sell him to a direct rival, weakening our squad and strengthening theirs, whilst also improving their home grown rota.

As far as I'm concerned this Summer we should not be selling Walker to Emirates Marketing Project under any circumstances whatsoever.

This is a great opportunity for us to make a statement and show everyone what we are about by telling City to do one fast.

If he kicks us a fuss then that presents another great opportunity to show we will not give into player power.

I'm looking forward to City making their move and for Daniel Levy to prove the above.

It's possible but that doesn't mean we sell him to a direct rival, weakening our squad and strengthening theirs, whilst also improving their home grown rota.

As far as I'm concerned this Summer we should not be selling Walker to Emirates Marketing Project under any circumstances whatsoever.

This is a great opportunity for us to make a statement and show everyone what we are about by telling City to do one fast.

If he kicks us a fuss then that presents another great opportunity to show we will not give into player power.

I'm looking forward to City making their move and for Daniel Levy to prove the above.

I would agree usually but this season I haven't seen much change when Trippier has played rather than Walker, IF we can screw the Mancs for £60m we should do so and get a younger RB for Poch to mould in ot the next Walker.

Nice to hear in that Sky report that Walker isn't agitating for a move.

I do think this will be very odd if we sell him to City. Even taking into account what Poch was saying about 'we would only sell players we don't want to keep', making it seem like there is always a plan...I just don't get how directly strengthening a rival who have a clear gap in their squad is in any way going to get us closer to winning the League. Yes we'd get a load of cash for it, but we could sell him abroad and get enough for a good replacement.

I also don't really get why City seem so confident at us doing any sort of deal. He's got a 4 year contract, he's coming into his prime, he's got a lot of friends here, we finished above them last season...why on earth do they have any confidence we would do a deal for any less than a ridiculous price?

Something's not adding up here.

I do think this will be very odd if we sell him to City. Even taking into account what Poch was saying about 'we would only sell players we don't want to keep', making it seem like there is always a plan...I just don't get how directly strengthening a rival who have a clear gap in their squad is in any way going to get us closer to winning the League. Yes we'd get a load of cash for it, but we could sell him abroad and get enough for a good replacement.

I also don't really get why City seem so confident at us doing any sort of deal. He's got a 4 year contract, he's coming into his prime, he's got a lot of friends here, we finished above them last season...why on earth do they have any confidence we would do a deal for any less than a ridiculous price?

There so many factories in play, we will rarely know what's going on. From where we all sit transfers hardly ever "adds up" because the party's involved want it that way.

We keep hearing this confident gonad*s because they have all these ex Barca people running their club and this is how they do things in Spain.

When Barca and Madrid have a target that they think is difficult to sign, they release all this crap to the media.

Seems to help over there but they haven't encountered Daniel Levy before and this type of crap is only going to anger our chairman!

Sky sources claim Walker is relaxed about his future, and is not agitating for a move away from a club at which he has spent the past eight years and harbours a deep affection for.

If there is any truth in this, I can't see Walker being sold unless City offer really, really silly money. Which in their world should be equivalent of half a new stadium for us.

Back