• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Of all our first choice players if I had to allow one to go, it would be him. Get a bumper price and it should turn out well for us. For Walker, not so much. Remember what happened to Carr when he wanted to go to a big club...he disappeared without a trace, last seen making up the squad numbers at Birmingham. Remember what happened to Paul Stewart? Keano? Berbatov? The list goes on Walker works well enough in our system, that doesn't mean he will automatically translate in to another team's.
Totally agree, looks great with help from Toby and Jan, let's see if he flourishes with stones covering and peps "defending isn't all it's cracked up to be" philosophy.
Be careful what you wish for Kyle.

Totally agree, looks great with help from Toby and Jan, let's see if he flourishes with stones covering and peps "defending isn't all it's cracked up to be" philosophy.
Be careful what you wish for Kyle.

Don't blame him for leaving if it's for the money ... the difference in quality of life between 70k and 100k is massive. Trust me I know about these things. I moved from my 16k a year job a long time ago for 18k and trust me it made all the difference ... i found myself getting less drunk at home ready for a night out.

If anything it shows this isn't a black and white situation. Probably not an easy decision to make if he does leave.

Edit: Nice little tribute though. Interesting to see that WHL actually means something to players too.

If anything it shows this isn't a black and white situation. Probably not an easy decision to make if he does leave.

Edit: Nice little tribute though. Interesting to see that WHL actually means something to players too.

Could be racist

Did he make that himself? It looks and sounds less 'professional' than a commissioned job (or a club-made one), and if he did make it himself...that's actually really thoughtful. And unexpected.

I've said it before, but whether he stays or he goes, he's given us six years of loyal service so far (after spending two more years out on loan after signing for us). He's earned the right to ask for a move, if he wants one - whether it happens or not is a separate matter, but I don't begrudge him anything at all. If all our current crop gave six loyal years to the club, I wouldn't begrudge any of them moves either - even Harry or Hugo.

Did he make that himself? It looks and sounds less 'professional' than a commissioned job (or a club-made one), and if he did make it himself...that's actually really thoughtful. And unexpected.

I've said it before, but whether he stays or he goes, he's given us six years of loyal service so far (after spending two more years out on loan after signing for us). He's earned the right to ask for a move, if he wants one - whether it happens or not is a separate matter, but I don't begrudge him anything at all. If all our current crop gave six loyal years to the club, I wouldn't begrudge any of them moves either - even Harry or Hugo.

I don't think any fan can be critical if he leaves
We don't have to like it, but we don't have to slate him

Then we don't sell

Walker has been in the team of the year twice
Played in the best defence in the country twice
Played how many games for his country?!?
Is deemed by his peers to be the best in the league

Stones has been no where near to this and has a very chequered history of performances

Simply put as it's an English player and the premium they carry along with walkers age, experience and recognised level it has to be more than Stones fee
This. Imagine if we were trying to buy Gary Neville in his pomp. The price would be insane. (Yes I know he could cross)

I don't think any fan can be critical if he leaves
We don't have to like it, but we don't have to slate him
We can always be critical mate, we are fans and we demand loyalty. Some might even (fairly) say, a significant amount of what Kyle Walker has achieved today is down to Spurs. Whether we should is, of course, different. I am sure he can earn much more elsewhere, in the end this is just a job and like all of us should put his family first.

Just because he's leaving, doesn't mean he can't be sad about it.

Sad is ok as we would be losing the best right back in the League

Angry is ok too as losing a clubs top player is never a good thing

But a player who has given a club genuine solid service and been an active member of that side, who also leaves for s good fee IMO deserves no criticism once you get over the initial "pain"

And to answer Robspur12 s comment. I agree all of what he has achieved us because of the development and platform we have given him. As long as we get a massive fee for him then I'm fine with that as the fee will compensate us for the investment we have made in him

Back