• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Or the price agreed is extortion. 60 million. English. Best of his generation in that position. In his peak years. Could even be more.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Well we all know City have unlimited funds, which means we should aim very, very high in our asking price. If Stones went for £50m, Walker should be closer to £70-80m. Not that he's neccesarily worth that much, but City - doing it the right way, or so they say - have shown they're willing to spend obscene amounts on players inferior to Walker.

If it's done I doubt he would be playing, what if there was an injury. The club would just have put in stand with a tight muscle story.
Not saying it won't happen, just that it hasn't yet.

Agree with that. 'Done', if you use the English language correctly, means that its signed and irreversible. Its clearly isnt for the reasons you mention

Perhaps Done is like 'nailed on certainty', but then a lot of people don't believe in Jesus. Except the one next to Poch.

I don't want Kyle going. Or any of the first 11 for that matter. Wembley is going to be a tough enough transition alone, without trying to balance up players leaving. This is one Summer we just can't afford to let players go....and DEFINITELY NOT to a bloody rival!!

Emirates Marketing Project are already the most lethal team in the league attacking wise. De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Jesus, Sane (i'm not putting that little taunt Sterling in there!). It's very impressive. But it's their defence that needs improving and Walker will do that in abundance.

Walker would certainly improve them. I like Trippier but he isnt quite as dynamic, he also doesnt take people on like Walker, it would be a loss but if he wants to go, id soon rather he goes than the majority of our other players

Showed against United just how standout he is one on one defensively. That's not just compared to Trippier, but compared to most full backs in the world.

Would be a significant loss, but not an insurmountable one.

There were a few comments from Poch, which in hindsight might be taken as walker being off too: him being "sad", that decisions are the clubs as a whole, not Poch FC etc.

They say everyone has a price. Maybe Levy's is around 65m. If it can be used to bolster the squad, great. If we downgrade the team, not so great. The big one, will breaking the transfer seal on the core team, mean others want a payday too?

Last edited:
Well we all know City have unlimited funds, which means we should aim very, very high in our asking price. If Stones went for £50m, Walker should be closer to £70-80m. Not that he's neccesarily worth that much, but City - doing it the right way, or so they say - have shown they're willing to spend obscene amounts on players inferior to Walker.

5 years older than Stones was last summer though. Walker is in his prime, but Stones has a lot more years ahead of him and potential on his side.

Walker is home grown though and at the top of his game. More than City paid for Stones seems unlikely to me though.

5 years older than Stones was last summer though. Walker is in his prime, but Stones has a lot more years ahead of him and potential on his side.

Walker is home grown though and at the top of his game. More than City paid for Stones seems unlikely to me though.

Yeah, but Stones is still just potential. He might flop. Walker is proven at the top level - also voted the best RB in the league - and is likely (barring injuries) to be at that level for 3-4-5 more years.

If City's prepared to spend big for potential, they should expect to pay even more for proven quality. IMO. And I think Levy agrees...

Yeah, but Stones is still just potential. He might flop. Walker is proven at the top level - also voted the best RB in the league - and is likely (barring injuries) to be at that level for 3-4-5 more years.

If City's prepared to spend big for potential, they should expect to pay even more for proven quality. IMO. And I think Levy agrees...

He's not just potential. He's a proven PL player, and was so at 20-21. I also think centre backs go for a bit more than full backs in general for whatever reasons.

No doubt they would have to pay up to get him. But we're talking trashing the previous most expensive full back record (Alves for close to £30m from what I can tell) and people are talking about doubling what United paid for Shaw a couple of years ago. I know Alves was some years back and football inflation, but he was also at a higher level particularly going forward.

I would be surprised if they were willing to pay more than they paid for Stones. Might be wrong.

I see City eventually paying anywhere between 40-50 mill pounds. I cant see Levy extracting more more than this. But that man's deal negotiating ability never fails to surprise me, he could very easily squeeze more out of City;)

My mate had a one-on-one interaction with Walker on Sunday. He was pleasant enough but when asked if he was staying, he 'looked sheepish and refused to answer'.

Blue and Yellow, don't shoot the messenger, the uploaded barge is converging against the wheat.

All the best.

My mate had a one-on-one interaction with Walker on Sunday. He was pleasant enough but when asked if he was staying, he 'looked sheepish and refused to answer'.

Blue and Yellow, don't shoot the messenger, the uploaded barge is converging against the wheat.

All the best.
We spoke to him after the ceremony too. Didn't ask him if he was leaving as obviously wouldn't get an answer. As you said, was pleasant enough and was on the pitch with his family longer than any of the other players (that I could see anyway). Definitely seemed like a bit of a goodbye vibe about him but what do I know.

We were sat 3rd row, during the game as he was warming up in front of us my friend was shouting things like "Don't go to City! You'll have to play with Navas" and "It always rains in Manchester" got a few laughs from people around us but no reaction from Walker (not that I would expect one).

I'd be disappointed to see him go, having the options of both Walker and Trippier works well for us but I don't really like the idea of having Trippier first choice.

Hmmm so 'IF' that is correct it would suggest to me that from our end we are more interested in getting the deal done early and reinvesting the money than we are letting a transfer saga drag on all summer or trying to convince Walker to stay

Another nice adaptation of our previous strategy. We seem to be really getting the idea that our strategic advantage is going to be in our cohesion as a team, and getting people in/out as quickly as possible is the way to do that. It means we may get slightly less money for our players rather than holding on but it means we fill a crucial spot rather than be left hanging at the end of the transfer window.

Feel like we've really learned on this score. Levy was always great on strategy around the financials, but something happened that made it all click on the football side too. Maybe it was how the Bale money didn't improve us in the way that we thought it would - rather it was the final lesson that it was important to build a team rather than spend money, that has gotten us to this point.

He's not just potential. He's a proven PL player, and was so at 20-21. I also think centre backs go for a bit more than full backs in general for whatever reasons.

No doubt they would have to pay up to get him. But we're talking trashing the previous most expensive full back record (Alves for close to £30m from what I can tell) and people are talking about doubling what United paid for Shaw a couple of years ago. I know Alves was some years back and football inflation, but he was also at a higher level particularly going forward.

I would be surprised if they were willing to pay more than they paid for Stones. Might be wrong.

Then we don't sell

Walker has been in the team of the year twice
Played in the best defence in the country twice
Played how many games for his country?!?
Is deemed by his peers to be the best in the league

Stones has been no where near to this and has a very chequered history of performances

Simply put as it's an English player and the premium they carry along with walkers age, experience and recognised level it has to be more than Stones fee

Emirates Marketing Project are already the most lethal team in the league attacking wise. De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Jesus, Sane (i'm not putting that little taunt Sterling in there!). It's very impressive. But it's their defence that needs improving and Walker will do that in abundance.
i agree that with the right players in defence and a new keeper they should be challenging for the title.
de buryne and sane are going to be world class if not already

Of all our first choice players if I had to allow one to go, it would be him. Get a bumper price and it should turn out well for us. For Walker, not so much. Remember what happened to Carr when he wanted to go to a big club...he disappeared without a trace, last seen making up the squad numbers at Birmingham. Remember what happened to Paul Stewart? Keano? Berbatov? The list goes on Walker works well enough in our system, that doesn't mean he will automatically translate in to another team's.

i agree that with the right players in defence and a new keeper they should be challenging for the title.
de buryne and sane are going to be world class if not already
Maybe in the future, Sane is certainly not anywhere near world class at the moment - he's not even in Dele's class....

Back