• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I stuck around for a while after the finale ceremony. Walker came over to the fans in the West lower for a few pictures and autographs. Gut feeling is he's gone.

I have nothing against Trippier and he has done really well on most occasions, however he is not in the same class as Walker and we will be making a big mistake if we are going to play him as our num 1 next season. IF Walker is leaving ( and i still do not believe all the flimflam that says he is) then we will struggle to find a replacement as good as he is.

As much as I trust Poch, this one doesn't make any sense to me. Walker and Rose were two of the most important players this season, and it's not like the rotation thing is new. Poch did it last season as well. Trippier is fine, but if we really want to make a run at the title and compete in the Champions League, Trippier plus Adam Smith, KWP, or whoever simply isn't gonna be enough, especially if we are directly strengthening one of our rivals in a problem position.

There were times that Dembele, Rose, Vertonghen, and Lloris have looked halfway out the door, so I'm not too concerned about this, but surely we should be looking to strengthen, rather than losing one of our most important players.

As much as I trust Poch, this one doesn't make any sense to me. Walker and Rose were two of the most important players this season, and it's not like the rotation thing is new. Poch did it last season as well. Trippier is fine, but if we really want to make a run at the title and compete in the Champions League, Trippier plus Adam Smith, KWP, or whoever simply isn't gonna be enough, especially if we are directly strengthening one of our rivals in a problem position.

There were times that Dembele, Rose, Vertonghen, and Lloris have looked halfway out the door, so I'm not too concerned about this, but surely we should be looking to strengthen, rather than losing one of our most important players.

if he does go then i think we'll invest in a replacement

if he does go then i think we'll invest in a replacement

Right, but who will that be? Adam Smith was quoted in the papers at 15 million. I mean, trust Poch etc, but it seems like an unnecessary risk. Then again, you are getting top money for a 26 year-old with a dodgy injury history who relies heavily on athleticism, so maybe that's the thinking?

Also, it goes without saying, but it's imperative that if we do sell Walker, he's the only one of our core who goes. These things can be slippery slopes, and I think it's important that we don't start selling off key parts to the engine that has been working so so well over the last two seasons.

Also, it goes without saying, but it's imperative that if we do sell Walker, he's the only one of our core who goes. These things can be slippery slopes, and I think it's important that we don't start selling off key parts to the engine that has been working so so well over the last two seasons.

The flip side of that is if his attitude is wrong, keeping him could also damage what we have built. As @thfcsteff keeps saying, you have to trust Poch to make the right decisions.

Right, but who will that be? Adam Smith was quoted in the papers at 15 million. I mean, trust Poch etc, but it seems like an unnecessary risk. Then again, you are getting top money for a 26 year-old with a dodgy injury history who relies heavily on athleticism, so maybe that's the thinking?

IDK - i don't really pay much attention to names linked so AS being linked doesn't really hold any meaning to me. If we are selling Walker then we will get top dollar for him and with there not being much need for investment in the squad this summer im pretty confident we will be able to spend a fair whack of that on a replacement, we're now proven consistently at the top end of one of the major leagues in the world and will be playing in a big stadium - i think we can attract all but the very top level of player so if we get our player identification side of things in order then we shouldn't be too worried

Let's be honest walker is up there with the best and we just look more imposing with him on the pitch ... Can't be replaced but we can manage

Like for like who interestingly?

i don't think you have to nominate a replacement to say we can replace him, we arent all blessed to have enough free time to watch football from around the world so as to have a good knowledge of whats out there. What we do know is that we have an excellent manager who has got consistent high levels of performances out of some players that prior to his arrival seldom showed their top level, let alone consistently over a season. go back to his time at Southampton and how many of the players they sold after doing well there went on to replicate their form at their new clubs? not many really. so this suggests to me that we could buy a player not quite on Walkers level but of the same mold, with potential and have a good chance of ironing out the kinks in their game and help them step up a level or two.

TELEMMGLPICT000128656113-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqvWdfq-a34Yz0x6lFPidU73BN7wquremafcWvM6jFD-I.jpeg
United fans?

i don't think you have to nominate a replacement to say we can replace him, we arent all blessed to have enough free time to watch football from around the world so as to have a good knowledge of whats out there. What we do know is that we have an excellent manager who has got consistent high levels of performances out of some players that prior to his arrival seldom showed their top level, let alone consistently over a season. go back to his time at Southampton and how many of the players they sold after doing well there went on to replicate their form at their new clubs? not many really. so this suggests to me that we could buy a player not quite on Walkers level but of the same mold, with potential and have a good chance of ironing out the kinks in their game and help them step up a level or two.

To be fair I was fishing for names. Although I liked your post and agree 100% ... answer the question or pipe up ... #salty

He can be replaced.

Again, let me lay out the profile of the player I think we need at that RB position -

Essential qualifications:

- Generally good person - single most important qualification. Must be humble, respectful to his team-mates and club staff, willing to work and improve, and mindful of bad publicity when on his own time.

Other necessary qualifications:

- strong, difficult to muscle off the ball or beat in a 50:50.
- tall (or at least, taller than the average full-back) in order to continue our tactical advantage of being generally larger and more aggressive than our opponents.
- lightning-fast, in order to provide pace down the flank - pace we badly need, given that there's a relative shortage of it in the forward positions.
- indomitable work-rate, to get up and down his flank with ease and thunder away for the full 90 minutes.
- Ability to effectively understand and carry out tactical instructions - critical in a fast-moving, fluid system like the 3-4-2-1/4-2-3-1 we drop into and out of on a regular basis.
- Reasonably good technical ability, in order to hold possession and participate in build-up play going forward.
- reasonably young, in order to fit into the club's recruitment policy and Poch's personal preferences.

Nice-to-haves:

- Reasonably good crossing ability, in order to provide good deliveries into the box - it isn't strictly necessary because the option of playing it in low and hard always exists, but it would be nice for him to have a nice cross on him nonetheless.
- Familiar with the Premier League and its unique demands, challenges and playing style.
- from our academy, or possessed of a connection to the club more broadly.

With each qualification on that list, the pool shrinks. If we get to the last one, I'm not sure a player exists out there suitable for us, because even KWP is a bit small, even for a FB. Even ignoring the 'Spurs connection' requirement, there are very few RBs out there who tick the rest of the boxes and are also attainable targets for us. Maybe Rick Karsdorp, of Feyenoord. Maybe Benjamin Heinrichs, of Leverkusen. Maybe Djibril Sidibe, of Monaco.

But the best option remains Walker. Poch can do a lot of things with players, but he can't magically make them faster, taller or (significantly) more powerful than they already are (if they're past their growing phase, anyway). Thus, although it wouldn't be a terrible blow (given that Trippier can do a good job covering him and KWP ticks many, although not all of the boxes required for a Walker replacement)....it's a stretch to say that Walker is easily replaceable. He isn't.

Again, let me lay out the profile of the player I think we need at that RB position -

Essential qualifications:

- Generally good person - single most important qualification. Must be humble, respectful to his team-mates and club staff, willing to work and improve, and mindful of bad publicity when on his own time.

Other necessary qualifications:

- strong, difficult to muscle off the ball or beat in a 50:50.
- tall (or at least, taller than the average full-back) in order to continue our tactical advantage of being generally larger and more aggressive than our opponents.
- lightning-fast, in order to provide pace down the flank - pace we badly need, given that there's a relative shortage of it in the forward positions.
- indomitable work-rate, to get up and down his flank with ease and thunder away for the full 90 minutes.
- Reasonably good technical ability, in order to hold possession and participate in build-up play going forward.
- reasonably young, in order to fit into the club's recruitment policy and Poch's personal preferences.

Nice-to-haves:

- Reasonably good crossing ability, in order to provide good deliveries into the box - it isn't strictly necessary because the option of playing it in low and hard always exists, but it would be nice for him to have a nice cross on him nonetheless.
- from our academy, or possessed of a connection to the club more broadly.

With each qualification on that list, the pool shrinks. If we get to the last one, I'm not sure a player exists out there suitable for us, because even KWP is a bit small, even for an FB. Even ignoring the 'Spurs connection' requirement, there are very few RBs out there who tick the rest of the boxes and are also attainable targets for us. Maybe Rick Karsdorp, of Feyenoord. Maybe Benjamin Heinrichs, of Leverkusen. Maybe Djibril Sidibe, of Monaco.

But the best option remains Walker. Poch can do a lot of things with players, but he can't magically make them faster, taller or (significantly) more powerful than they already are (if they're past their growing phase, anyway). Thus, although it wouldn't be a terrible blow (given that Trippier can do a good job covering him and KWP ticks many, although not all of the boxes required for a Walker replacement)....it's a stretch to say that Walker is easily replaceable. He isn't.

Out of question out of the names mentioned ; A) who is the best in order and B) who is most attainable in order....

Then lick my balls and wash my dishes. Ta

Back