• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

From the little we "actually" know, he (Pochettino) does not mess his players about. If your out your out!
I dont think Walker is quite there yet........but "the boss" does not suffer the 'non-believer' lightly!

I must admit I'm still not convinced by these stories. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I still believe he'll be with us next season.

Sounds like they are speculating as much as we are and likely filling in the spaces which..there are a lot of.

As I said on the other page though, it doesn't look good with him missing the game yesterday and the FA Cup match. Personally I like to see the rotation between him and Trippier so that both stay fresh and match sharp.

So on twitter stating that in the Independent it's reported about a row with Poch. To do with Poch favoring rotation, but Walker believes he doesn't need rotation. Never wise to go up against the manager, unless you are prepared to leave... I believe Poch doesn't want to sell, so it's about philosophy. Walker has played a hella lotta games though

Firstly, I believe Walker will be here next season

Secondly, I believe Walker will be here next season

Thirdly, if I am somehow wrong why would Levy strengthen either Emirates Marketing Project or Man Utd with the best right back in the league, he would have to be sold abroad

Finally, I believe Walker will be here next season

Way too much steam in this story for it to be a typical Kane to Barca! Type space-filler. I think Walker is gone at the end of the season. Hopefully to Bayern.

I think the time has come to seriously consider selling Walker. He's a good player but I don't see him getting any better.

After all the injury layoffs he's had in the past, it was good to see him put in two consistent seasons. But there's hardly a dropoff anymore between him and Trippier. The result against Arsenal only emphasized that.

If we have an expendable player who would bring a very decent return - north of 20 mil - it's Walker. He's 27 this month and at the top of his game, but his past injury record suggests he won't stay there long. There's enough competition for him that Spurs would be get their price and be able to dictate who gets him. And Barca are rumoured to be interested. That would work.

Promote Trippier to starter and slap in a cheeky bid for Kieran Gibbs who plays a similar game, has shown some serious smarts and would probably be glad to be shot of a stagnant situation and get under the guidance of a proper coach. Contract ends after next season. We'd get him for a reasonable price (10 mil-ish) and have a little play dough leftover.

I'd like him to stay, but he either does or he doesn't. His reaction to the goal at Palace showed me that he cares about this club. If he wants to go that's fine. I am sure that Daniel will only sell him overseas and for top dollar.

I think the time has come to seriously consider selling Walker. He's a good player but I don't see him getting any better.

Let me get this right, he is the best player in his position in the league but because you think he will not get any better you think we should sell him right?

Okay in the same vein lets sell Dembele and Hugo because they probably will not get any better. You talk like you went on a bender after the match yesterday and you are still going. At least make a sensible case to sell him.

Promote Trippier to starter and slap in a cheeky bid for Kieran Gibbs who plays a similar game, has shown some serious smarts and would probably be glad to be shot of a stagnant situation and get under the guidance of a proper coach. Contract ends after next season. We'd get him for a reasonable price (10 mil-ish) and have a little play dough leftover.

Are you sober or are you on a wind up? For a start Gibbs is not a right back / wingback because he play on the left which means you do not know what you are talking about

After all the injury layoffs he's had in the past, it was good to see him put in two consistent seasons. But there's hardly a dropoff anymore between him and Trippier. The result against Arsenal only emphasized that.

If we have an expendable player who would bring a very decent return - north of 20 mil - it's Walker. He's 27 this month and at the top of his game, but his past injury record suggests he won't stay there long. There's enough competition for him that Spurs would be get their price and be able to dictate who gets him. And Barca are rumoured to be interested. That would work.

Wow, i disagree with all of that.

if its barca i'd understand why walker would ... well, walk. its inevitable sometimes and since they can pay... its closer to a win-win. but a staunch no to Emirates Marketing Project and united who are below us in the table.

too many variables to form an opinion here i think - im not really a 'we must keep our players as a signal of intent' kind of guy, IF Walker wants out and IF he is prepared to kick up a stink about it then sell him for the best price abroad and reinvest - the squad doesn't need the work to it that it did when we have sold big first teamers in the past so potentially we could spend the bulk of it on a direct replacement for him at RB

potentially id be tempted to sell to City if they gave us cash and that Ihanenco as well

obviously first preference would be that he stays but players arent bigger than the club/team and if it's going to cause problems move them on

This is the craziest post of the year. Huge difference in levels between Walker and Trippier. It's fine when we are dominating games, but look at what happens when exposed to pacy wide players such as against Monaco and in the CL. With Walker in the side we have the best first XI in the PL, why start weakening it now. Not to mention he is now the longest serving player with us (or maybe Rose?)

Personally I'm starting to believe these rumours, even though I really don't want to. He's the best RB in the league.

If he is to go then first and foremost we need to be selling him abroad, even if its for £10m less. You can probably justify selling abroad for less given that you're not reducing your chances of CL qualification via strengthening a competitor.

Secondly, if he does go then we need to sign a first choice RB. I dont rate Trippier as any better than a mid-table RB - similar to the quality of Ben Davies....great as a back-up full back, but not good enough to be first choice. We want starters to be one of the best 3-4 in their position in the PL.....Rose is, Walker is, Davies isnt, Trippier isnt.

Time for our scouts to get working....

Back