• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Personally I'm starting to believe these rumours, even though I really don't want to. He's the best RB in the league.

If he is to go then first and foremost we need to be selling him abroad, even if its for £10m less. You can probably justify selling abroad for less given that you're not reducing your chances of CL qualification via strengthening a competitor.

Secondly, if he does go then we need to sign a first choice RB. I dont rate Trippier as any better than a mid-table RB - similar to the quality of Ben Davies....great as a back-up full back, but not good enough to be first choice. We want starters to be one of the best 3-4 in their position in the PL.....Rose is, Walker is, Davies isnt, Trippier isnt.

Time for our scouts to get working....

If he was to go, I would be tempted to go into next season with Trips and KWP and see what they can do. If we bring in another right back then Walker-Peters is going to find it difficult to get first team chances.

If he was to go, I would be tempted to go into next season with Trips and KWP and see what they can do. If we bring in another right back then Walker-Peters is going to find it difficult to get first team chances.

Would be a bold move! Our full backs are so important to how we play that going into the season with a kid who has never played in a PL game as you back up option would take a lot of faith from Poch. In fact, when we have CL games you're probably deciding on whether you want KWP to play in the CL or PL!

I'd rather sign a first choice, play KWP in domestic cups and then make a decision at the end of next year when you keep him or Trippier. Trippier is 26 so won't improve much from where he is....and that level is mid-table PL in my view

Had a good chuckle reading some of the posts on the last couple of pages just now :)

This whole story is blatantly completely fabricated just because the press saw a mainstay in the team drop out for a few games, when the very patient trippier put in a good display and kept his place for a couple of matches.

Hilarious that some on here buy this click bait crap.

When will some of you learn haha :)

Would be a bold move! Our full backs are so important to how we play that going into the season with a kid who has never played in a PL game as you back up option would take a lot of faith from Poch. In fact, when we have CL games you're probably deciding on whether you want KWP to play in the CL or PL!

I'd rather sign a first choice, play KWP in domestic cups and then make a decision at the end of next year when you keep him or Trippier. Trippier is 26 so won't improve much from where he is....and that level is mid-table PL in my view
Mid table PL team? How do you figure that out? I don't exactly see a plethora of right backs I'd swap Trippier for from the top 6 sides to be honest...

Certainly hope this is just speculation, although I fear there's more to the story. Walker is IMO the best right back in the PL, and will be extremely hard to replace. Especially for us, who aren't financially doped.

If we have to sell, we will be significantly weakened at right back, because I can't see us spending the money it would take to sign someone close to Walker's level (Trippier is good, but far from Walker's level, IMO).

And of course there's no way he should be allowed to leave for another PL team, if - and I still consider it a big if - we sell him this summer.

Had a good chuckle reading some of the posts on the last couple of pages just now :)

This whole story is blatantly completely fabricated just because the press saw a mainstay in the team drop out for a few games, when the very patient trippier put in a good display and kept his place for a couple of matches.

Wouldn't be so sure. Seems to be a bit of detail behind this (i.e. an argument over playing two games a week). Just because we don't like the story doesn't mean it doesn't have some substance.

Wouldn't like to lose Walker and he is better than Trippier but do think he's the weakest link of our back 5. If we're selling, I hope it's abroad.

Indeed. Not a single quote from the player or the club.

Slow news day at the office. Would not surprise me if the author was a Chelsea fan starting to panic and thought he would make up some sh#t

This would be my favoured route, possibly if we could get the fortune-Mensah chap at Man U who can play right back and central defence. I would obviously prefer walker stayed though.

There's no point in having an academy if we are not going to give the best prospects chances. I cannot see us having three right backs in the first team squad and we may want to use the domestic cups for blooding new signings.

Seems to be a lot of speculation building, some of the evidence is circumstantial tbh but I have a feeling that something may be going on with Walker.

It may well relate to those stories a couple of months ago with the alleged interest from City/Utd......agent and player want a new deal to reflect worth in their eyes, Poch and Levy feel it isn't warranted given a new deal was signed not long ago.......Player then has a bit of a sulk about not starting the Semi, plays awfully as a result in next game and is dropped because of the overall lack of focus.

It would be a shame to see anyone of our players who are valued look to move but if the player isn't happy then I would sanction the deal and get a massive fee. Definitely not what I want but if City were to offer silly money, ie £40m plus then if the player is acting up then I would take that and reinvest elsewhere.

too many variables to form an opinion here i think - im not really a 'we must keep our players as a signal of intent' kind of guy, IF Walker wants out and IF he is prepared to kick up a stink about it then sell him for the best price abroad and reinvest - the squad doesn't need the work to it that it did when we have sold big first teamers in the past so potentially we could spend the bulk of it on a direct replacement for him at RB

potentially id be tempted to sell to City if they gave us cash and that Ihanenco as well

obviously first preference would be that he stays but players arent bigger than the club/team and if it's going to cause problems move them on

I do love that guy think he is absolutely top draw, would like him but also walker to stay.

Always better to get rid of a player a year too soon than a year too late. I don't see Walker as a great player two years from now. Good? Certainly. Reliable healthwise? Wouldn't bet a bottle deposit on it.

Another thing. Walker has been around the team a fair few years. He's English. Have you ever looked at him and said 'that's the man I want for captain?' Of course you haven't. He's a bit flakey, his defending can be a complete adventure and his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. He has always struck me as a player who hit the top strictly on natural athletic talent. Kane, on the other hand, hit the top based on hard work, a relentless desire to get better and a bright mind that is open to being coached. Players like Kane have far higher ceilings than players like Walker.

Under Pochettino's system, it's not enough to athletically gifted. You need the brains to go with the brawn. I don't think Walker has that.

It's never easy to face up to the fact that a player has to go sooner than later. We're riding a high at the moment and it's easy to think everything just has to stay the same and we'll be fine adding an extra component or two. Not so. This is the prime time to sell him. A year too soon for many of you, maybe. But exactly the right time for management. Spurs will not only get the price they demand, they will also get to direct where he goes to. In this case, it won't be to another PL club. It will also send a message to the rest of the squad to keep working hard in order to remain part of Pochettino's plans.

id want a replacement to be brought in as i don't think the younger players are ready to step up in front of Trippier anytime soon and i dont think Trippier is quite what we need from someone who is to play the bulk of games as first choice, so imo we'd go in to next season significantly weaker (in that area) if we don't attempt to replace Walker from outside

Last edited:
I wonder, if we signed Zaha, whether we'd use him at right wing-back when we play 3 at the back. Trippier or Dier would cover right-back for 4 at the back, Zaha/Trippier cover wing-back with the back 3.

I'll be happy if we keep Walker mind you.

Always better to get rid of a player a year too soon than a year too late. I don't see Walker as a great player two years from now. Good? Certainly. Reliable healthwise? Wouldn't bet a bottle deposit on it.

Another thing. Walker has been around the team a fair few years. He's English. Have you ever looked at him and said 'that's the man I want for captain?' Of course you haven't. He's a bit flakey, his defending can be a complete adventure and his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. He has always struck me as a player who hit the top strictly on natural athletic talent. Kane, on the other hand, hit the top based on hard work, a relentless desire to get better and a bright mind that is open to being coached. Players like Kane have far higher ceilings than players like Walker.

Under Pochettino's system, it's not enough to athletically gifted. You need the brains to go with the brawn. I don't think Walker has that.

It's never easy to face up to the fact that a player has to go sooner than later. We're riding a high at the moment and it's easy to think everything just has to stay the same and we'll be fine adding an extra component or two. Not so. This is the prime time to sell him. A year too soon for many of you, maybe. But exactly the right time for management. Spurs will not only get the price they demand, they will also get to direct where he goes to. In this case, it won't be to another PL club. It will also send a message to the rest of the squad to keep working hard in order to remain part of Pochettino's plans.

I can see where your coming from because I said the same about Dembele the last two summers and I have been proved completely wrong\(not for the first time) he has been part of what has been the best team in the league for the last two seasons.

I do get the whole moneyball approach that we reinvest at the top before players lose their value, it is something Wenger used to do well when he had his mojo like with Henry, Overmars and Vieria etc.

Still think we are better with walker for the next two seasons, where as I do wonder how much more we can get out of Dembele, at the end of the day I put my complete trust in Poch to do what is right.

I wonder, if we signed Zaha, whether we'd use him at right wing-back when we play 3 at the back. Trippier or Dier would cover right-back for 4 at the back, Zaha/Trippier cover wing-back with the back 3.

I'll be happy if we keep Walker mind you.

A bit like how Chelsea do with Moses?

Not sure but I always thought Zaha was more of a left winger, also not sure he works hard enough for a Poch team.

A bit like how Chelsea do with Moses?

Not sure but I always thought Zaha was more of a left winger, also not sure he works hard enough for a Poch team.

Yeah, something like that. He's very athletic so would have no problem getting up and down the pitch and for most games we play (against teams on the backfoot) he'd be practically playing as a winger anyway. I think he can play on both wings, but he's right-footed iirc.

*edit* I'm only talking about this as we have been heavily linked with signing him and now there are these stories about Walker. If Walker is happy, I'm very happy for us to keep him as our number 1 right-back.

If he goes then sell him abroad. Let's not get philosophical he is immense on his day. Will be sad to see him go if that's the case.

Onwards and upwards.

Good post.

Back