• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Yes

Alonso is average

Bertrand is average

Valencia isn't even a full back

Rose is world class but IMO Walker edges it defensively

You lost me at Alonso is average and I shouldn't rise to this sort of junk but here's a couple of retorts;

Luis Antonio Valencia Mosquera, commonly known as Antonio Valencia, is an Ecuadorian professional footballer who plays as a right winger and right-back for Manchester United and the Ecuador national team.Wikipedia

World class is a tabloid term, that means absolutely nothing. However, seeing as you insist on using it...surely if Rose is world class then that means Walker must be too - if as you say Walker is better than him. There are many attack minded full backs that would give either Rose or Walker a run for their money in an attacking sense, let alone defending. Marcelo does things every week which Walker couldn't dream of doing. Plus Walker has ten times the amount of brain farts that Rose does. I seem to recall he miss-hit a pass today from half way up inside our half which went behind for a corner on the opposite side. Never seen Philip Lahm do that.

Walker was definitely rusty today, better later in game, but a couple of awful passes/decisions

He was but he's still considerably better than Trippier. It often happens that when someone isnt playing fans opinions of them increases, partly because that persons flaws aren't being seen week in week out. On the same form, there is clear distance between Walker and Trippier and I think we'd regret it massively if he left

You lost me at Alonso is average and I shouldn't rise to this sort of junk but here's a couple of retorts;

Luis Antonio Valencia Mosquera, commonly known as Antonio Valencia, is an Ecuadorian professional footballer who plays as a right winger and right-back for Manchester United and the Ecuador national team.Wikipedia

World class is a tabloid term, that means absolutely nothing. However, seeing as you insist on using it...surely if Rose is world class then that means Walker must be too - if as you say Walker is better than him. There are many attack minded full backs that would give either Rose or Walker a run for their money in an attacking sense, let alone defending. Marcelo does things every week which Walker couldn't dream of doing. Plus Walker has ten times the amount of brain farts that Rose does. I seem to recall he miss-hit a pass today from half way up inside our half which went behind for a corner on the opposite side. Never seen Philip Lahm do that.

Alonso is an average to good player who I'm sure Chelsea will upgrade on (unless you meant neither one) and he will become a squad player for them. He is currently having his best season and if he has a another one then maybe ill change my mind

Valencia was a singer and not great IMO. Basically a lennon type who gets to the byline!! They have the dot upgrade on him as a winger and convert him to full back where he has been ok, but not a patch on the top right backs

I consider Walker and Rose to be world class personally ( and yes walker did do a horrendous pass last night). For me the bench mark is the best right back ever Lahm but there isn't anyone at his level anymore. I think Marcelo is solid defensively bt better going forward... very similar to Rose actually

Telegraph are talking about a £30m fee! Given the prices today and the fact that he's hte best RB in England, the price should be £50m - £60m if we're going to sell him to a domestic rival! Better still, just hold on to our players

The agents in these situations can brick-stir all they want; if the manager does not want to sell, the player will not be going anywhere...

Telegraph are talking about a £30m fee! Given the prices today and the fact that he's hte best RB in England, the price should be £50m - £60m if we're going to sell him to a domestic rival! Better still, just hold on to our players

Quite right. Luke Shaw went for £30m and he was/is just potential. Walker is about to enter his prime and is one of the best RB's in the league.

I have said it before and I will say it again, there is zero chance of this incarnation of Spurs under the stewardship of Daniel Levy selling a key player like Walker to one of our rivals. We are on the verge of moving into the best stadium in the country and our currently the most inform side in the league, and if Emirates Marketing Project want him then Emirates Marketing Project can Foxtrot Oscar cause in life we do not always get what we want

I have said it before and I will say it again, there is zero chance of this incarnation of Spurs under the stewardship of Daniel Levy selling a key player like Walker to one of our rivals. We are on the verge of moving into the best stadium in the country and our currently the most inform side in the league, and if Emirates Marketing Project want him then Emirates Marketing Project can Foxtrot Oscar cause in life we do not always get what we want

What if Poch okayed it?

£30m, but that's just for his left leg.

What if Poch okayed it?

Now he's advanced up the pitch with his "new" wingback role.. we can add on another additional 30M to the baseline figure we have for his right back role.
Levy will murder anyone who comes in for our prize assets in the coming window, especially the first to try!

Why don't you ask me what if Poch okayed the sale of Dele, Harry or Christian?

So you think Levy would go against Poch's wishes?

I agree that Levy wouldn't sell an otherwise content and key player against Poch's say so but if a player is pushing for a move(not saying this is the case for Walker) and/or Poch thinks the squad could be strengthened with the reinvested money then you think he would still say no?

So you think Levy would go against Poch's wishes?

Back