• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I actually think Walker (and Rose) are players who will mature well. They started their careers a little rash, but are maturing into technical and clever senior players (and only 26). Like Sherringham, if they keep fit, they can both play at a top level into their 30s imo. Their game will evolve, and neither is all about pace anymore. Trippier could make way for the new right back who's name escapes me. Trippier is a RB who doesn't rely on pace, but sooner or later he's going to want to be starting more games.

I agree that they both look like they will enjoy long career. I was just wondering how important pace and covering large distances in Poch's system and whether we might cash in on them in their late twenties for players with more in their legs.

I agree that they both look like they will enjoy long career. I was just wondering how important pace and covering large distances in Poch's system and whether we might cash in on them in their late twenties for players with more in their legs.

Probably right, they'll take a big final contract somewhere around 29. But that's a long way off. We'll be PL and CL champions by then so they may want to end their careers helping the younger talents emerge and being club ambassadors.

How fast was Walker for Ali's goal yesterday? He started his sprint from full 10 metres behind Lamela and had caught him just into the Stoke half.. He was going like a train I half expected him to carry on and up the A500!

How fast was Walker for Ali's goal yesterday? He started his sprint from full 10 metres behind Lamela and had caught him just into the Stoke half.. He was going like a train I half expected him to carry on and up the A500!
Ha. I said the exact same thing to my son (the train thing). I even made a train sound to illustrate the point.

Ha. I said the exact same thing to my son (the train thing). I even made a train sound to illustrate the point.
He's turned in to a great, great player. He used to get quite a lot of abuse from fans of other clubs, but along with Dier he fully deserves his England place.

He's turned in to a great, great player. He used to get quite a lot of abuse from fans of other clubs, but along with Dier he fully deserves his England place.

People are critical because he has a "brain fart" most games but that's changed now and although he isn't infallible he is a bloody good player

His pace gets him out of brick but more Importantly means he is great attacking threat, particularly with clever players like we have

He gives his side great balance and is vital to how we play

People are critical because he has a "brain fart" most games but that's changed now and although he isn't infallible he is a bloody good player

His pace gets him out of bricke but more Importantly means he is great attacking threat, particularly with clever players like we have

He gives his side great balance and is vital to how we play
75k how do we keep our players. For me he is best in the league and top 5 in the world.

I think, defensively, Walker has always been good. Where he has improved the past season or so is going forward imo. He uses the ball much better than he used to.

Agreed. At least if you look away from his high profile errors defensively, though quite a few of them have been errors on the ball rather than real defensive errors.

Long may it last. Quality delivery and good pass and move football on a regular basis from Walker would make him into a real beast.

Back