• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

He has been our best player over the two first games ( imo) so far this season. However it was obvious from the start yesterday that he was not at his best, the way that Coutino got in at the back post for that first chance was very unlike Walker and there were a couple of occasions after that ( before he went off) when he went missing.

I am glad that it was ( from what we hear), he was feeling unwell and Pooch did the right thing because after putting Dier there ( who i have never really thought is a fb) we did not get as much threat down that side.

He made at least 2 blunders but I don't think he was hauled off for them.
I think he was probably genuinely ill and if it's a stomach bug, these the gs can be pretty acute and aggressive, hence no Trippier on the bench.

He has been our best player over the two first games ( imo) so far this season. However it was obvious from the start yesterday that he was not at his best, the way that Coutino got in at the back post for that first chance was very unlike Walker and there were a couple of occasions after that ( before he went off) when he went missing.

I am glad that it was ( from what we hear), he was feeling unwell and Pooch did the right thing because after putting Dier there ( who i have never really thought is a fb) we did not get as much threat down that side.

I agree Dier hasn't not got the pace or drive of Walker but his delivery is much better and he did create our two best chances, one of which we scored from.

I agree Dier hasn't not got the pace or drive of Walker but his delivery is much better and he did create our two best chances, one of which we scored from.
He has always looked so awkward at RB, his attributes just don't seem suited to the role.

It is testament to his all-round footballing ability and his education at Sporting that he is so adept when played there. Decent control and dribbling for a man of his size, makes brilliant runs and has an exceptional delivery (in addition to his obvious defensive talents).

I love Eric Dieeer...

I am not saying Dier can not play as a RB and he does have his strengths there, but maybe its because he has not played there a lot he does get caught out of position ( which he did a couple of times).

I wonder how many more years he's got left in him playing in a Poch team (assuming Poch stays around). Poch asks a lot of his fullbacks and they cover a lot of ground. Pace is also important and I wonder whether there might see them replaced earlier than you might otherwise see.

I wonder how many more years he's got left in him playing in a Poch team (assuming Poch stays around). Poch asks a lot of his fullbacks and they cover a lot of ground. Pace is also important and I wonder whether there might see them replaced earlier than you might otherwise see.

He's 26! Calm down :£

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Part of what makes a "Poch team" in my opinion is signing and keeping players that are naturally fit and with the right mindset to keep working on their physical conditioning week in week out. We run further than many others not just because of attitude and training, but because we'we sold players that can't do that job and sign players that can.

Perhaps a slightly younger team overall is better for a Poch team. But on individual players it shouldn't matter much as long as they're a good fit.

Part of what makes a "Poch team" in my opinion is signing and keeping players that are naturally fit and with the right mindset to keep working on their physical conditioning week in week out. We run further than many others not just because of attitude and training, but because we'we sold players that can't do that job and sign players that can.

Perhaps a slightly younger team overall is better for a Poch team. But on individual players it shouldn't matter much as long as they're a good fit.

I agree with that but it is natural for players to lose a bit of pace as they get older. Most compensate for this by reading the game better. I just wonder whether this might be more of an issue at full back than other positions in a Poch team.

I haven't made my mind up on this, I'm just putting it out there as something to discuss.

I agree with that but it is natural for players to lose a bit of pace as they get older. Most compensate for this by reading the game better. I just wonder whether this might be more of an issue at full back than other positions in a Poch team.

I haven't made my mind up on this, I'm just putting it out there as something to discuss.

Well worth discussing. But I think a lot of systems and coaches rely on pace for their full back positions. And we've seen with Davies that a slightly slower full back can do very well in a Pochettino system too.

I was thinking more in terms of burnout/exhaustion towards the end of a long career though. Could end up being an issue for some players. But I really think we have a squad filled with "natural fitness" and the right kind of desire to take care of their bodies long term. Should hopefully avoid some Rooney-esque cliff drop outcomes.

It says Best Before September 2019

I actually think Walker (and Rose) are players who will mature well. They started their careers a little rash, but are maturing into technical and clever senior players (and only 26). Like Sherringham, if they keep fit, they can both play at a top level into their 30s imo. Their game will evolve, and neither is all about pace anymore. Trippier could make way for the young right back who's name escapes me. Trippier is an example of a RB who doesn't rely on pace, but sooner or later he's going to want to be start more games.

Back