• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

JT - Captain. Leader. Legend. Qunt

After seeking advice from an external Independent QC, and having considered the evidence and Magistrates' Court decision in the John Terry case, The FA has today charged the Chelsea player following an alleged incident that occurred during the Queens Park Rangers versus Chelsea fixture at Loftus Road on 23 October 2011.

It is alleged that Terry used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers’ Anton Ferdinand, contrary to FA rules.

It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Anton Ferdinand.

This charge is the result of The FA’s long-standing enquiries into this matter, which were placed on hold pending the outcome of the criminal trial, and relates to rules governing football only.

During this period John Terry remains available to play for England.

Terry has until 3 August 2012 to respond.

The FA will make no further comment during this time.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsAndFeatures/2012/john-terry-charged.aspx

(cba to make a new thread)

Terry has denied the charges and requested a personal hearing. The FA will probably schedule that to coincide with one of themajor event at the Olympics to minimize press coverage.

Ay00F6mCAAApD20.jpg

Kick racism out of football.

If Terry does get convicted by the FA, will he get the same ban as Suarez (8 games)?

Probably not. I don't remember exactly the composition of the eight games, but the FA tribunal report spelt out how they got to eight games. Iirc, part was for repeated insults. Everything I have read has Terry just saying it once, so possibly two games for insulting behaviour, doubled to four games for the racial reference. No doubt that will have Liverpool supporters calling for an inquiry into the differential treatment.

England manager Roy Hodgson has expressed his hope that the Football Association clears John Terry of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.

Last month, Terry was found not guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence by Westminster Magistrates Court.

The case centred on an alleged incident between the Chelsea captain and QPR defender Ferdinand at Loftus Road last October and painted football in a very murky light.

However, since then, the FA has decided Terry has a case to answer under their own lesser burden of proof, although it has been suggested the hearing will not take place until the end of next month and that time scale splits England's first four World Cup qualifiers.

Available

As Hodgson was free to choose Terry for Wednesday's friendly with Italy in Switzerland had he wished, there would be no reason why the tough-tackling defender would be barred from facing Moldova and Ukraine at the beginning of September.

If Terry was found guilty though, his presence in the subsequent games against San Marino and Poland would be in jeopardy, whilst there would doubtless be calls for his entire international career to be brought to an end.

Hodgson has already declared an intention to select Terry unless he receives a lengthy suspension.

In Berne on Tuesday evening though, he went further, leaving him open to the accusation of influencing the entire FA disciplinary process.

"I'm not prepared to discuss John," said Hodgson initially. "It's a matter which is really, as far as I am concerned, working for the FA, sub judice.

"Everything I say can be misinterpreted.

"As far as I am concerned he has a case to answer with the FA and I'll wait and see what happens."

Asked about his previous comments in an interview with Sky Sports News last Friday, Hodgson went on: "I'm hoping, and I make no secret of that, the case will take its course, that John, hopefully, will be freed as he was freed in a court of law, and will carry on playing for England.

"That's my hope. What will happen, I have no idea.

Hope

"As a member of the FA, it's a sub judice situation and I'm not prepared to say any more.

"I thought John did well in the Euros and I'd like to keep using him, but this is a case which is way out of my hands. John understands that.

"All I can do like many of his supporters, I suppose, is just hope he gets freed and can continue to play."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7990310/Hodgson-hopes-Terry-is-cleared

Re: John Terry retires from England duty

Probably thinks the FA is going to find him guilty and is getting in first

Dan Roan @danroan 1m
Terry retires from England: "I feel The FA, have made my position with the national team untenable.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC 1m
John Terry says decision to retire from England duty comes ahead of FA case against him, which has made his position untenable

Dan Roan @danroan 1m
Terry retires from England: "I feel The FA, have made my position with the national team untenable.

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC 1m
John Terry says decision to retire from England duty comes ahead of FA case against him, which has made his position untenable

clown shoe. He is, of course, in no way, shape or form responsible. Because he never behaves poorly.What a taco.

He knows already that Caulker is better than him.

Oh and he's a racist piece of brick.

In my opinion the worst thing he ever did was give tours of the chelsea training ground for money saying that money was going to charity and then kept it.

You should never lie about charity, but he is just that sort of guy, and to think they made him england captain. We will always be crap but we could have at least had the moral high ground.

Back