• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

JT - Captain. Leader. Legend. Qunt

Yes I have. The context in which it was said tells us a hell of a lot and we've not been able to see for ourselves. My only point on the matter.

And my point is that you cannot tell the context from the TV footage because there is not any film of the whole exchange

Someone raised it and I agree with them whoever it was, why don't they allow us to view what Terry said without blurring his mouth so we can't see? The trial is over now.

i wouldn't call it disappointment, more disillusioned, how has he got away with it when he's obviously guilty as sin, it also sets a bad precedent, next time a footballer receives racist taunts from another player he's going to think twice before reporting it

also, how is it that he can get character references from a man he hasn't worked with in years which are permissible in court yet misdemeanours from the same time period are not to be considered?

good article here http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/13/racism-football-premier-league-campbell

Hold on, just read that article, and it seems Sol Campbell has claimed that he was held back at Spurs because he was black, and left us for Arsenal because he was discriminated against...I was young when he left but is there an ounce of truth in this??

What a load of bollox from ****ball. A the time we had Linekar, Stewart then at the start of 92/93 Durie and Teddy all miles better than him. He rates himself so highly the prick. Playing the innocent one is his favourite game fudge off.

He's looking for excuses all the time like he's trying to prove he's not such a ****. Well you are ***. Always will be.

Nothing he says surprises me anymore, he is a horrible piece of work and I will hate him to my dying day

Insuinuating it happened but not proving it or naming names, of course not as it never happened, he is a coward

Funny how the Guardian didnt mention the fact the charges of racism at Pompey were dropped and never proved, maybe because it never happened

Last edited:
Hold on, just read that article, and it seems Sol Campbell has claimed that he was held back at Spurs because he was black, and left us for Arsenal because he was discriminated against...I was young when he left but is there an ounce of truth in this??

No he was not held back at spurs, he was our best player and we loved him. The truth is he left us for a better team which happens a lot in football, it is the way in our business. He did it in a sneaky underhand way by saying he was going to stay but ran down his contract so he could leave on a free and get more money in way of a signing on fee.

On the one hand you can understand him leaving for arsenal as much as i hate to say it, they were challenging for titles at the time and he won stuff with them but it was his lack of honesty about the whole situation that left a bad taste as well as the fact that he went to our main rival when he could have chosen man u or another top team.

I had not read this thread for a few days, reading it now i see some of my comments upset some others previously. I am sorry for that because it was never my intention, race relations are probably the aspect of my own political views that im most liberal on. I like the fact that England is multicultural i think it is a good thing and should be defended.

Im afraid that the way i see things in my head is that i will always feel that ashley cole has let himself and people like him who will have struggled with racism in their lives down. I do not think black and white and mixed race people should be different and a way to get to the point where we are not seen as different would be if we could punish people like terry. Cole has let us all down in that sense.

Suarez reopens racism row

Liverpool star says ban was down to United 'power'

Last Updated: July 18, 2012 6:54am

The 25-year-old Liverpool forward was handed the suspension and a £40,000 fine in December after being found guilty of racially abusing United defender Patrice Evra.

Speaking on Uruguayan television show RR.Gol, Suarez said: "They were very tough days to me. I am not used to showing what I really feel, but the trial week was very difficult. I also cried alongside my wife.

"People at Liverpool are sure that it was a way that Manchester United used to put me out of the team and stop Liverpool. In England, Manchester United's political power is strong and you must respect that and shut your mouth."

The controversy was re-ignited in February, when Suarez seemingly refused Evra's handshake as the teams conducted their traditional pre-match greeting.

Suarez claims his actions were misunderstood.

"In England, Manchester United's political power is strong and you must respect that and shut your mouth."
Luis Suarez Quotes of the week

He said: "In England, it was shown the moment when I passed in front of him, but they didn't see that he had his hand low before.

"Only the media in Uruguay and Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand.

"Previously, I had promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake hands with Evra. There was a chance for the teams not to shake hands like in a game between QPR and Chelsea [following the Anton Ferdinand-John Terry racism row], but I told them I was to shake hands with him.

"'Why not?', I thought, because I had no problems with him. I had been punished because of him, but I had no problems with shaking hands."

Speaking at length about the subject for the first time, Suarez reflected on a difficult period in his career.

"The trial [disciplinary hearing] was so complicated for me," he said. "I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night.

"I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me.

"I came home and I wanted to do all that, but I couldn't because my daughter was at home. There were really complicated days, and then things became harder after the punishment."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7909001/Suarez-reopens-racism-row

Speaking at length about the subject for the first time, Suarez reflected on a difficult period in his career.

"The trial [disciplinary hearing] was so complicated for me," he said. "I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night.

"I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me.

Welcome to the real world you hideous little c u n t.

You have to be impressed by the way he repays the support from his club and the reputational damage to a former club legend.

Campbell's interview was absolute proof, IMHO, that he suffers from depression (again, in my humble opinion...I have to put that there)...his comments are curious to say the least with regards to development versus debut versus role at Spurs. I saw his debut, and he came on upfront against Chelsea at home!!! Scored too as I remember. Thus I think if he was actually honest with himself, his spotty appearances between 18-20 would've been because the coaches were finding his best position, the one where he would be dominant. Further, not being an extrovert would've held him back a little more than anything else. He is insulting players such as Hughton, Thomas, Chiedozie, Crooks and Gray when he ponders whether 'being black' held him back in his early days at Spurs.

As far as 'walking alone' in the 'fight against racism in football' he needs to understand that many were putting up with racist crowds, it's just that his 'loner' style didn't exactly see him as someone others flocked to and dummied up with...

I have sympathy for depression, but I have little sympathy for someone who has quite obviously (in my humble opinion) decided to place themselves as "the expert ex-footballer to go to" whenever an issue of race, and racism, in football comes up. THAT is as pitiful as anything...

I don't think that Campbell is just suffering from depression.

I genuinely believe that he is suffering from Munchausen's Syndrome.

His every public utterance screams of self pity and attention seeking. He wants us all to say and feel, "Poor Sol. How terrible that all these things have happened to him". It was telling that, out of the blue, he had to make a big song and dance (calling a press conference, for crying out loud) about the fact that he was finally hanging up his boots. Pretty much everyone thought that he had retired six months earlier anyway.

His need for attention and sympathy has risen to such levels that he is now revisiting his distant past and concocting stories (which, in his madness, I don't doubt that he genuinely believes) about mistreatment and racism at tHe hands of Spurs coaches. He became a regular Spurs player at 18, for fudge's sake! He's complaining that he was held back? fudge off!

Seriously, the guy needs psychiatric help.

Back