• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

JT - Captain. Leader. Legend. Qunt

Forget about the law for a second - do you think he meant those words an insult or a 'question'?

I think that he probably said it as an insult but that the magistrate has also made the right judgement based on the case presented to him.

So basically most people's disappointment (I'd imagine) comes from the fact there wasn't enough conclsuive evidence to make a judgment as opposed to the question of his actions which appear pretty obvious

So basically most people's disappointment (I'd imagine) comes from the fact there wasn't enough conclsuive evidence to make a judgment as opposed to the question of his actions which appear pretty obvious

i wouldn't call it disappointment, more disillusioned, how has he got away with it when he's obviously guilty as sin, it also sets a bad precedent, next time a footballer receives racist taunts from another player he's going to think twice before reporting it

also, how is it that he can get character references from a man he hasn't worked with in years which are permissible in court yet misdemeanours from the same time period are not to be considered?

good article here http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/13/racism-football-premier-league-campbell

It would be clearer if they showed us rather than pixelating his mouth ffs then everyone would know what context it was said in.

So you believe he said the words but in the form of a 'question' - more of less what he admitted?

Well first, it's about what can be proven, not what happened, so on that front I'd respect the judge's call.

But leaving that aside, it just doesn't stack up to me that such a high profile player would stand in the middle of the pitch in a derby match and scream racist insults like that. It just seems exceedingly unlikely to me. It's also not the way racism tends to work most of the time - usually it's an insidious soft racism in conversations behind closed doors or takes the form of discrimination or treating people differently. Screaming racist insults openly is the least common form of the thing (although of course it happens).

As for whether I believe Terry's story, I think I do. The way he clearly said "f***g knobhead" at the end of the "racist" bit tallies more with his story than a narrative in which he'd racially abused Ferdinand. After all, why would you say these horrible racist things to someone and then add the extraordinarily lame "knobhead" at the end? That's like blanket bombing Dresden and then telling them their night-life is lousy. That disconnect doesn't really make sense to me unless Terry's story is true.

The FA burden of proof is much lower than a court of law so I'm still holding hope that Terry is charged by the FA.

I hope you are right.

On another note why is it okay for Ferdinand to hurl whatever abuse he wants at Terry (whom I think is a distasteful fellow) but then he gets to whinge like a biatch when Terry racially abuses him. Chances are if he had not given Terry the verbals in the first place he would not have been racially abused back. Ferdinand said something to annoy Terry and in response Terry said something arguably worse back to him. I am certainly not justifying vile Terry however it is not like Ferdinand was minding his own business and Terry just walked up to him and started hurling racial insults at him.

How would seeing it unpixelated help with context?

Cos you can see exactly what was said for a start. That would help. Right now there's ambiguity about what/how it was said. Take away the barriers and let us see for ourselves.

Cos you can see exactly what was said for a start. That would help. Right now there's ambiguity about what/how it was said. Take away the barriers and let us see for ourselves.

There is no ambiguity about what Terry said, no one disputes what he said. There are two different accounts of what Ferdinand said but there is no film of that.

There is no ambiguity about what Terry said, no one disputes what he said. There are two different accounts of what Ferdinand said but there is no film of that.

True. However, if we knew EXACTLY what Terry said and the expression on his face was more clearer it might have helped to make a more educated guess on the context it was said in.

Lol at Rio saying that calling Cole a choc ice is not racist but another term for 'fake'. Pull the other one FFS.

True. However, if we knew EXACTLY what Terry said and the expression on his face was more clearer it might have helped to make a more educated guess on the context it was said in.

We do know exactly what Terry said and you can see the expression on his face

Even if found guilty the maximum £2500 fine was hardly likely to make a dent in Terry's pocket, we know what he said and whether he was found guilty or not it doesn't matter as there would be no change to him or his ability to play football this coming season, just hope the FA treat this case the same way the did with Suarez and give him a decent ban.

Back