• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

I thought he had a great game. There were periods where he just drifted through it, but for the most part he was close to MOTM.

The first 15-20 minutes he controlled the middle of the park, looked for the ball and drove forward as often as possible, then he went quiet. After he lost the ball 30 yards out allowing us to be countered, there was a period where he took less risks, made the easier passes and looked less influential. In the second half he got back on it and made more of a positive contribution. There were a few occasions where he overran it, usually after taking a little bit of a nudge, so I'd like to see him just keep it a bit closer, but that'll come with game time.

Without the ball though is what I wanted to judge him on, as for a player who started out as a #10 I was worried about how he would transition into a more defensive role. He's gradually grown into the role as the tournament has gone on and his positioning has allowed him to make probably the most interception's of any English player on the field. He has got better at tackling too, using his size (height not strength here) to hook the ball off of players trying to dribble across him.
That almost exactly how I saw it. He went a little passive at times but overall he was superb. The similarities to Dembele are striking and this is obviously the way he is developing.

Well I would expe
I think he is woeful as a wide attacker... we called him anonymous

As a central midfield he is comfortably good enough to play men's football and looks heir apparent to the mighty Moussa

Also we should note how impressive Harry Winks has been last season and remember Josh is a year younger so there is both room and time for improvement

DCC1oC3WsAE-ZW_.jpg:large

Freddie Woodman a real prospect, word from inside Saudi Sportswashing Machine is that he really is the real deal (we've had a couple of decent 'keepers through our Academy). Had to really fight to keep him when we sacked his Dad but he signed a new long term deal last season.

Freddie Woodman a real prospect, word from inside Saudi Sportswashing Machine is that he really is the real deal (we've had a couple of decent 'keepers through our Academy). Had to really fight to keep him when we sacked his Dad but he signed a new long term deal last season.

You lot were saying that about some short arsed kid who was the best striker since shearer, think he was sent to coventry.

I think Armstrong got a sub appearance against us a couple of season's back. He seems like a good prospect, but time will tell.

This is the best i have seen him play ( as others have said he is obviously better suited to playing through the middle), i will hold my hands up and say i have seen nothing from him in a Spurs shirt ( so far) that would suggest he will become a regular here. However if he is given a chance to play in the team in the position he did today then he may progress with us.

I can see ( to a degree) why some are compering him to Dembélé which is a good thing because Dembélé is not going to get less injury prone or younger.

The best I've seen him play in this tournament, I would still like to see a bit more energy in his play but he certainly gave England a degree of control.

Trying not to get too carried away but I was so impressed/surprised with him in center mid, he has to play here for us next season rather than AM. On that performance we genuinely have 5 deep center mids to choose from next year now.

Trying not to get too carried away but I was so impressed/surprised with him in center mid, he has to play here for us next season rather than AM. On that performance we genuinely have 5 deep center mids to choose from next year now.

I think that's all fair though
He controlled a World Cup final in centre midfield

He was brilliant today. Very composed throughout.

Fantastic experience for both boys, hope it whets their appetite for more success.

Hopefully with some perspective. They need to be told they are good enough but need to be patient. I'd hope someone is pointing out the ridiculously high percentage of recent England senior caps who have had involvement with Poch.

The best I've seen him play in this tournament, I would still like to see a bit more energy in his play but he certainly gave England a degree of control.
Energy is a good word for it. His manner does seem relaxed, a bit like YaYa Toure often doesn't look like he's running fast... but he is driving past people and not being caught so...!

Back