• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

If the recent posts are correct then I strongly believe that Onomah needs to go on loan either in the Netherlands or the lower levels.

To get kicked around and generally broken, like happened with Mason and Kane?

The only point of loaning to lower league these days is to prepare a player for a career in lower league

Onomah is only 19. A year younger than Winks, 3 younger than Bentaleb. We just need to keep him involved on the fringes and let him emerge at the appropriate time. With Dembele now 29 and not able to play twice a week anymore, the transition to Onomah or Winks over the next couple of seasons could be perfectly timed

Poor old Josh.......ridiculous red card for the U-20s. Video replay would have saved him. The sad thing is they had video replay for these games and the ref didnt use it. WTF.

He certainly didn't play that well (he was playing a Dembele roll as the left of the two holders) and i think he is caught between a holding player and a behind the front 3 player. He may be perfect for a CM in a 442 or one of the CM in a 433 but we're not gonna play that formation anytime soon. He looks a bit directionless.

KWP however had a very good game (at left back as well)

Last edited:
Poor old Josh.......ridiculous red card for the U-20s. Video replay would have saved him. The sad thing is they had video replay for these games and the ref didnt use it. WTF.

He certainly didn't play that well (he was playing a Dembele roll as the left of the two holders) and i think he is caught between a holding player and a behind the front 3 player. He may be perfect for a CM in a 422 or one of the CM in a 433 but we're not gonna play that formation anytime soon. He looks a bit directionless.

KWP however had a very good game (at left back as well)
^this^

KWP looks very promising..........

I've only seen KWP once this season and his defensive work seems to have improved dramatically from when I first saw him. He's got good technique and pace and I always thought he would be a wide midfield/wing back type but struggle as an out and out defender, but he looks secure in this tournament.

I've only seen KWP once this season and his defensive work seems to have improved dramatically from when I first saw him. He's got good technique and pace and I always thought he would be a wide midfield/wing back type but struggle as an out and out defender, but he looks secure in this tournament.

Needs to bulk up, which will come with natural ageing.
But he is like mini D. Rose. IMHO
Poch will love him.....

Forgot to mention he's like most academy players he's comfortable with both feet. Despite playing at left back he looks confident.

I'm sure it hurt, as he clearly stamps him on the foot, but how the hell could Onomah avoid it? Absolutely no intent behind that (obviously).
I'm sure it did but how long have you been watching footy? Do you recall seeing players rolling around like that back in the 50's /60s?

He was trying to get a fellow professional sent off, the pathetic little pussy.

I'm sure it did but how long have you been watching footy? Do you recall seeing players rolling around like that back in the 50's /60s?

He was trying to get a fellow professional sent off, the pathetic little pussy.

Oh, I didn't see the rolling in the clips I saw. :) Certain football cultures almost seem to teach it to young players. It's embarassing.

The saddest part of it, is they had the use of video replay but the ref decided not to use it even though he was asked to by several players.

According to the England coach t isn't allowed to be used for that which seems odd to me as what's the point

Really? Was he talking about not using it after the game because it was a second yellow and they can't be reviewed or not being able to use it (for those type of decisions) during the game??

I'm sure it hurt, as he clearly stamps him on the foot, but how the hell could Onomah avoid it? Absolutely no intent behind that (obviously).
He drags a foot back to try and block his run and gets stepped on - it's a ludicrous decision. Real shame as it seemed like Josh was really putting his stamp on this tournament.

Back