• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Levy might have a blind spot for Jose, but he's not blind to results and he's not blind to how we are playing. Unfortunately however I don't think anything will happen before the end of the season. It's going to be a long, hard few months of watching.
Maybe if we bomb out of the EL having cut ourselves more adrift of Top 4 something might change sooner - but then if CL is out of sight, Levy might as well take a bit more time to get a new manager in, unless he goes for a caretaker role.
Another element might be if Kane starts to make serious noises about wanting out. He's the poster boy for the club and I don't think Levy will want to let him go just yet.
But on the whole, unless Jose throws his toys out of the pram, I think we're stuck with him until the summer. I'd love to be wrong.

Sadly, I agree with every word of this. In my mind, Jose is a busted flush and he should go now before he causes any more havoc. This will not get better - we're going to see more brick between now and the end of the season and more disillusionment from players.

However, it's not hard to make a case for Jose to stay. He's only had a covid interrupted 15 months, we're within spitting distance of top 4, we're in a cup final, we're in two other cups. And that's a pretty strong argument if you're the man who appointed Jose and you're convinced that he still is what he was 10-15 years ago.

This will continue badly and end badly but we're stuck with it for a while yet.

Levy might have a blind spot for Jose, but he's not blind to results and he's not blind to how we are playing. Unfortunately however I don't think anything will happen before the end of the season. It's going to be a long, hard few months of watching.
Maybe if we bomb out of the EL having cut ourselves more adrift of Top 4 something might change sooner - but then if CL is out of sight, Levy might as well take a bit more time to get a new manager in, unless he goes for a caretaker role.
Another element might be if Kane starts to make serious noises about wanting out. He's the poster boy for the club and I don't think Levy will want to let him go just yet.
But on the whole, unless Jose throws his toys out of the pram, I think we're stuck with him until the summer. I'd love to be wrong.

In a months' time we might be well short of the top 4 and out of the FAC.

Levy will care about people like Kane as you say, and also the reputation, brand and image of the club. If we're in 8th-10th, we're playing crap football and the club's name is getting trashed, I do think he'll act

As much as I think we're some way off a sacking - it can only go so far. With Kane being out now, Son seemingly out of form - who's going to produce results for us? Unless we turn the tide relatively soon, something might happen sooner rather than later.

As much as I think we're some way off a sacking - it can only go so far. With Kane being out now, Son seemingly out of form - who's going to produce results for us? Unless we turn the tide relatively soon, something might happen sooner rather than later.

Yes, I think the next month could be ugly. Its also where Jose not having an attacking system or tactics backfires - if you're just relying on your big guns to inspire you and do something brilliant, then you're screwed when they're not there.

Without Kane to hold the ball up and bring others into play, it wouldnt surprise me if we failed to win all of our next 4 (3 * league and FAC). That would have to get Levy close to doing the deed surely

Levy isn't sacking him any time soon. He's had a boner for Jose for too long, just sacked off the best manager in our lifetime for Jose, so knows he cannot afford to have egg on his face this quickly.

Personally, looks like he's lost the players. That Brighton result had all the hallmarks of Poch's just the scoreline was different.
As i always recommend, F365 absolutely scathing in their assessment: https://www.football365.com/news/early-loser-spurs-mourinho-brighton

Levy isn't sacking him any time soon. He's had a boner for Jose for too long, just sacked off the best manager in our lifetime for Jose, so knows he cannot afford to have egg on his face this quickly.

Personally, looks like he's lost the players. That Brighton result had all the hallmarks of Poch's just the scoreline was different.
As i always recommend, F365 absolutely scathing in their assessment: https://www.football365.com/news/early-loser-spurs-mourinho-brighton

Excellent article, thanks for sharing

Do people really believe Levy will sack him any time soon? I just can’t see it happening under (almost) any circumstances before this season is finished.
It will probably cost upwards of £20m to sack him, so no I can’t see it. Our chairman should’ve listened to our excellent manager who told him we needed a painful rebuild instead thinking that he knew better. Now we have wasted 18 months of that rebuild.

It will probably cost upwards of £20m to sack him, so no I can’t see it. Our chairman should’ve listened to our excellent manager who told him we needed a painful rebuild instead thinking that he knew better. Now we have wasted 18 months of that rebuild.

Worse, we had someone highly rated as one of the best managers in world football. To bring in someone similar would be a Naglesmann type and there's absolutely no way he'll take a step DOWN to us.

The only managers that will come to us now are those plying their trade in the bottom half of the Premier league, managers from brick leagues like France, Scotland, or managers waiting for a job like Allegri or an interim manager like Arry

The only managers that will come to us now are those plying their trade in the bottom half of the Premier league, managers from brick leagues like France, Scotland, or managers waiting for a job like Allegri or an interim manager like Arry

Dont want Allegri. I want someone who might be here for 5-10 years. The next Poch (easy job!)

Dont want Allegri. I want someone who might be here for 5-10 years. The next Poch (easy job!)

Unicorn. Levy will not be able to find one. If he does the fans will want him out during a lean spell. Levy will not get the players the manager wants and will go for inferior choices.

I know some of the football pre Levy or at the beginning of his era wasn’t the best but at least you had players like Ginola who were allowed to play and got you off your seat. This has to be some of the most boring football I’ve seen us play.

I know Joe Lewis seemingly let’s Levy get on with but even if I wonder if he’s watching the games from Barbados if he might pick up the phone and say Daniel this is boring me!

I know some of the football pre Levy or at the beginning of his era wasn’t the best but at least you had players like Ginola who were allowed to play and got you off your seat. This has to be some of the most boring football I’ve seen us play.

I know Joe Lewis seemingly let’s Levy get on with but even if I wonder if he’s watching the games from Barbados if he might pick up the phone and say Daniel this is boring me!
Under Levy, Joe’s £30 odd million investment has turned into over £1 billion. He is happy at the moment I’m sure.

The trouble will come when our £1 billion stadium that charges top dollar for seats of both the match day and the corporate persuasion start to struggle to sell. With no CL football that £800 million or so debt that we are carrying starts to look rather large.

Like I said in the other thread, can see Sacramento being our next manager, young, probably got some new ideas, has worked with some good managers.

Free hit for Levy he either performs and it was a masterstroke or he don't and we get in the bigger name.

No different to Arteta at Arsenal and Fat Frank at the job centre.

Back