• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Under Levy, Joe’s £30 odd million investment has turned into over £1 billion. He is happy at the moment I’m sure.

The trouble will come when our £1 billion stadium that charges top dollar for seats of both the match day and the corporate persuasion start to struggle to sell. With no CL football that £800 million or so debt that we are carrying starts to look rather large.

Yes, agree with the last bit. The brand and image of the club are fundamental to Levy, particularly as he hasn't sold naming rights for the stadium as yet. Mourinho is lucky fans aren't in the stadium at the moment. If we start to return in say April, the atmosphere will be horrible

Like I said in the other thread, can see Sacramento being our next manager, young, probably got some new ideas, has worked with some good managers.

Free hit for Levy he either performs and it was a masterstroke or he don't and we get in the bigger name.

No different to Arteta at Arsenal and Fat Frank at the job centre.
The difference being that Sacramento is part of the current setup which I'm sure will become toxic if it isn't already. The players will need a new face and voice, which is what Arteta and Lampard both gave to their clubs. As good as Sacramento may or may not be, he will associated with the Jose era.

Like I said in the other thread, can see Sacramento being our next manager, young, probably got some new ideas, has worked with some good managers.

Free hit for Levy he either performs and it was a masterstroke or he don't and we get in the bigger name.

No different to Arteta at Arsenal and Fat Frank at the job centre.
If we go down that route then I think it is hugely important that we get a proper DoF in (I think that is important anyway, but especially so if we have a young, inexperienced manager.... you can only imagine the cheap and nasty signings Levy will give him otherwise...)

Yes, agree with the last bit. The brand and image of the club are fundamental to Levy, particularly as he hasn't sold naming rights for the stadium as yet. Mourinho is lucky fans aren't in the stadium at the moment. If we start to return in say April, the atmosphere will be horrible
Wonder how much Levy’s overvaluing has cost us so far on that front?.... £45 million perhaps?

The difference being that Sacramento is part of the current setup which I'm sure will become toxic if it isn't already. The players will need a new face and voice, which is what Arteta and Lampard both gave to their clubs. As good as Sacramento may or may not be, he will associated with the Jose era.

He may have some loyalty to him too, how can you stay in that situation without it looking like you were worm tonguing?

From F365 Winners & Losers (you can guess which category Jose landed in):

Suspicions that Tottenham were ripe for dismantling on Sunday night only grew when Mourinho picked three central defenders against the worst home side in the country. That formation typically relies upon the wing-backs to provide the creativity, but Mourinho selected two unnatural wing-backs in Ben Davies (left-back) and Moussa Sissoko (central midfielder). They created one chance each.

But more important than that was that Tottenham moved the ball at speed through midfield to drag Brighton’s defenders (who lack pace) out of position. Instead we saw the same miserable half-speed football that only ever seems to lead to half-chances. Tottenham’s expected goals total at half-time? 0.03.

Suspicions that Tottenham were ripe for dismantling on Sunday night only grew when Mourinho picked three central defenders against the worst home side in the country. That formation typically relies upon the wing-backs to provide the creativity, but Mourinho selected two unnatural wing-backs in Ben Davies (left-back) and Moussa Sissoko (central midfielder). They created one chance each.

But more important than that was that Tottenham moved the ball at speed through midfield to drag Brighton’s defenders (who lack pace) out of position. Instead we saw the same miserable half-speed football that only ever seems to lead to half-chances. Tottenham’s expected goals total at half-time? 0.03.
Scared football.... in just about every game. This manager is killing us.

Questions need to be asked - rightly so.

3 at the back, which is effectively 5 at the back, WHY? Against the team with the worst home record in the league?

The lack of midfield control was startling and effectively negates our best player this season in Ndombele. We cannot defend. Wycome proved that. Brighton proved that. Why is Jose playing 5 defenders in a game? Put some effort into feeding Ndombele and getting us attacking.

Building through the full backs of Davies and Sissoko is fudging laughable. brick. on Jose entirely.

Let's ask the question.

Has Jose lost the dressing room? After that performance, it looks like it.

Last edited:
If we go down that route then I think it is hugely important that we get a proper DoF in (I think that is important anyway, but especially so if we have a young, inexperienced manager.... you can only imagine the cheap and nasty signings Levy will give him otherwise...)

Worked with Campos in his last job didn't he?

Unemployed at the moment as well.

Got a Levy special written all over it.

For those who like stats, I think my rationale for desperately wanting Mourinho out of this club can pretty much be summarised by these two graphs:

upload_2021-2-1_13-57-27.png

upload_2021-2-1_13-57-40.png

For those who like stats, I think my rationale for desperately wanting Mourinho out of this club can pretty much be summarised by these two graphs:

View attachment 10839

View attachment 10840

No real axe to grind with Sissoko but that displays my thoughts on Dele/Bergwijn quite well. People swayed a lot by what I consider to be a misconception on Dele - even at his worst last season he is worthy of a place in this team. Bergwijn really doesnt offer anything like what people would have you believe either- feel like I'm living in an alternate reality when people talk about how great he is off the ball

Dr. Tottenham allowed Brighton to be the last home side in the top four divisions to win on their patch. Classic.

Back