• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Exactly, how many were shouting for Sissoko to replace Wanyama, Dier or the moose?
Or the N"twins to replace son, dele or Eriksen? And I can't see that those three were anything but Levy buys.
We had the two best CBs in the league, which one do you drop for wimmer?
Llorente for Harry Kane?
When you actually look at that it's quite frightening how bad our squad depth was.
And the manager is as guilty as anyone on that
If people believe that Poch has no say in who we brought they are mental

And the manager is as guilty as anyone on that
If people believe that Poch has no say in who we bought they are mental

Where have i said that some of it isn't pochs fault? Unlike some I've not laid all the blame at one door.
I've always said that our current travails are not a single issue or person problem. Poch, Levy and the players are all at fault, no one IMHO is blameless in this.

Where have i said that some of it isn't pochs fault? Unlike some I've not laid all the blame at one door.
I've always said that our current travails are not a single issue or person problem. Poch, Levy and the players are all at fault, no one IMHO is blameless in this.
You said their levy buys

I agree. Any blame for where we are is certainly spread around and furthermore I don't go heavy on anyone of them as circumstance was also very much playing it's part.

1 The stadium build was obviously going to restrict spending.
2 The stadium delay (completely unplanned) really restricted spending and looks as if that delayed the spending we saw this summer by a season.
3 The plan to sell players to raise funds not being executed was probably not helped by the preceding success of the team, so many of those players would consider many options to move as a step down or sideways at best. We were a victim of our own success. And of course the players had every right to stay.

Of course within the buying and selling of players and the transfer committee, and Poch's man management (towards the end), and Levy being too distracted by the build. And even the players themselves dialling it in a bit, there is mistakes and blame within that but imho you can't go in too hard on any of them, as Levy still done an amazing job with the stadium, and Poch, even when things were unraveling, still got us top 4 and to play the biggest game in our history.

I'm hoping the approach we are taking currently dovetails with Jose and his outlook.

I was wondering the other day whether we'd be in exactly the same position now if we'd won that game in Madrid last June and whether that would have made any difference at all.

Thoughts?

You said their levy buys
Those three, Sissoko, N'jie and N'whatstheotheothercalledicantbearsedlookingitup are widely accepted as Levy buys. The rest I think we can assume were agreed by all of whoever was doing our scouting/buying/sticking a pinning in the fifa lists. Let's be honest our recent record is pretty poor and that can't all be levys fault.
Jannsen for instance seems to have been a poch buy, not a good move.

I agree. Any blame for where we are is certainly spread around and furthermore I don't go heavy on anyone of them as circumstance was also very much playing it's part.

2 The stadium delay (completely unplanned) really restricted spending and looks as if that delayed the spending we saw this summer by a season.
3 The plan to sell players to raise funds not being executed was probably not helped by the preceding success of the team, so many of those players would consider many options to move as a step down or sideways at best. We were a victim of our own success. And of course the players had every right to stay.

Of course within the buying and selling of players and the transfer committee, and Poch's man management (towards the end), and Levy being too distracted by the build. And even the players themselves dialling it in a bit, there is mistakes and blame within that but imho you can't go in too hard on any of them, as Levy still done an amazing job with the stadium, and Poch, even when things were unraveling, still got us top 4 and to play the biggest game in our history.

I'm hoping the approach we are taking currently dovetails with Jose and his outlook.

It's surprising how quickly we (and I definitely include myself) have forgotten all the distractions around the club in the proceeding few years.
They almost certainly have had an effect on where we are.

Those three, Sissoko, N'jie and N'whatstheotheothercalledicantbearsedlookingitup are widely accepted as Levy buys. The rest I think we can assume were agreed by all of whoever was doing our scouting/buying/sticking a pinning in the fifa lists. Let's be honest our recent record is pretty poor and that can't all be levys fault.
Jannsen for instance seems to have been a poch buy, not a good move.

Well I’ve never accepted any player as a levy buy
I genuinely think it’s odd that a man whose sole focus is on off the pitch activity is responsible for choosing players to sign
The club have been known to buy by committee for a long time now and I don’t think that changed at all under Poch

I was wondering the other day whether we'd be in exactly the same position now if we'd won that game in Madrid last June and whether that would have made any difference at all.

Thoughts?
You would hope we would have ridden the wave

generally teams that make a final unexpectedly and lose struggle the year after
That’s factual by the way unless someone wants to say we were always getting there

It's surprising how quickly we (and I definitely include myself) have forgotten all the distractions around the club in the proceeding few years.
They almost certainly have had an effect on where we are.
And never forget where we were......
We were bloody good ...despite everything.

Thoughts?

I think it would have made a huge difference. Players were obviously questioning not just the manager and his methods but probably themselves and their teammates.
Its not inconceivable that it would have changed the attitude of the people at the club, from being also rans to winners with a belief in themselves. Something I think is in the club, not just the team.
We win and I also think Toby and eriksen would have moved in the summer, allowing the refresh to happen in a more level and less emotional manner.
Most disappointing of all is we had the chance to not just win but Bury one of our rivals as well. Honestly believe Liverpool would be a shadow of the team they are now if we had won that game.

Looking at the players we have signed to date they deffo feel like Mou signings

for Steve I see Robben from his Chelsea side
For Fernandez I see a player like Maniche Who he brought in again at Chelsea
Lo Celso is an interesting one on the basis of where he may play more regularly but obviously he is one he inherited and again Mou is clearly happy with him...

I think it would have made a huge difference. Players were obviously questioning not just the manager and his methods but probably themselves and their teammates.
Its not inconceivable that it would have changed the attitude of the people at the club, from being also rans to winners with a belief in themselves. Something I think is in the club, not just the team.
We win and I also think Toby and eriksen would have moved in the summer, allowing the refresh to happen in a more level and less emotional manner.
Most disappointing of all is we had the chance to not just win but Bury one of our rivals as well. Honestly believe Liverpool would be a shadow of the team they are now if we had won that game.

yep agree with all of that

Well I’ve never accepted any player as a levy buy
I genuinely think it’s odd that a man whose sole focus is on off the pitch activity is responsible for choosing players to sign
The club have been known to buy by committee for a long time now and I don’t think that changed at all under Poch

Is it not the case poch wanted wijnaldum and we couldn't afford him him so ended up with Sissoko?
Poch has never used a player like either of the wingers, and didn't really try to when they were here, doesn't make much sense for him to be buying them.

Looking at the players we have signed to date they deffo feel like Mou signings

for Steve I see Robben from his Chelsea side
For Fernandez I see a player like Maniche Who he bought in again at Chelsea
Lo Celso is an interesting one on the basis of where he may play more regularly but obviously he is one he inherited and again Mou is clearly happy with him...

Yes, you can see the structure Jose is trying to build.
Only surprised he is starting more towards the top end of the pitch and not in the defence.
Although I think Tanganga is an exciting prospect and should move quickly through the pecking order, I would have expected a move to strengthen the back line with a CB and LB or RB coming in. Especially if Rose and KWP leave.

Yes, you can see the structure Jose is trying to build.
Only surprised he is starting more towards the top end of the pitch and not in the defence.
Although I think Tanganga is an exciting prospect and should move quickly through the pecking order, I would have expected a move to strengthen the back line with a CB and LB or RB coming in. Especially if Rose and KWP leave.
I think he is focusing on who is available as much as anything
We may have our defensive targets and they may not be gettable in January
We will IMO exploit relegation at Norwich for example for Aaron’s just like we did at Fulham

Is it not the case poch wanted wijnaldum and we couldn't afford him him so ended up with Sissoko?
Poch has never used a player like either of the wingers, and didn't really try to when they were here, doesn't make much sense for him to be buying them.
They cost the same amount of money didn’t they...
Poch being involved in the decision doesn’t mean who would play them
He was definitely keen on Jansen and it’s him who chose not to play him
Poch has high standards and he signed a player to train... that’s his quote

But if we genuinely can't afford Wijnaldum then maybe Sissoko is on the list in spot 2,3 and we can get a deal done then it is surely discussed (at length) between Levy and Poch. (I mean it's £30m, surely Levy would be happy to be talked out of it:D)

The N' boys ....perhaps we thought we might get lucky and one of them might develop to be a Mane, Salah (who looked a bit brick once) wide men that learn to play inside forward.... obviously punts.

You think Poch would still be here?

Back