• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Sorry that should say MOST clubs don’t pay more than spurs despite the rumours
Dont forget most of these players would be taking a step done leaving us. Eriksen is doing just that but of course he IS getting a pay rise due to his contract situation
We pay less than than our rivals in the top 6 and at times have paid less then other teams chasing the Top 4 ie. Villa in the Randy Lerner era. But you are correct we do pay more than most teams.

The issue is that we want to be rid of our deadwood, these are players that are not particularly attractive to any other teams and the teams that they would appeal to are not on our pay scale.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

We pay less than than our rivals in the top 6 and at times have paid less then other teams chasing the Top 4 ie. Villa in the Randy Lerner era. But you are correct we do pay more than most teams.

The issue is that we want to be rid of our deadwood, these are players that are not particularly attractive to any other teams and the teams that they would appeal to are not on our pay scale.

Exactly
The only option is Everton who pay more and are inferior

Sorry that should say MOST clubs don’t pay more than spurs despite the rumours
Dont forget most of these players would be taking a step done leaving us. Eriksen is doing just that but of course he IS getting a pay rise due to his contract situation
Yes. Which is why our players will tend to stay where they are. So if we want to receive a reasonable transfer fee for a player then it is quite likely that we will have to sweeten the deal for the player to leave, otherwise accept that they are likely to stay. This is especially the case for the players that we WANT to get rid of (i.e. those that were never/are no longer good enough to play for a club at the level we desire to be at).

Yes. Which is why our players will tend to stay where they are. So if we want to receive a reasonable transfer fee for a player then it is quite likely that we will have to sweeten the deal for the player to leave, otherwise accept that they are likely to stay.
Yeah, lower the transfer fee or pay some of the wages for a period of time.

Neither I think Levy is particular happy to do, but sometimes you have to just take the hit otherwise long term you take the bigger hit and lose out in terms of not being able to replenish your squad in good time.

I think the loan to buy option works for our outgoing players as well. (I think I read we are looking at this for Rose and KWP). It gets the ongoing wages paid and if they perform (and especially if triggered by meeting certain targets) gaurantees they're going without all the haggling.

I think prices (and wages) are so inflated now that clubs (especially smaller clubs) are rightly cautious about committing a big chunk on a player that 1. Looks out of favour with his current club 2. Is on or demanding decent wages.

Think who we offloaded to Stoke in recent times for example.

Levy does appear to baulk at the thought of cutting his losses BUT there is evidence that financially and squad harmony it far from adds up to hope for a deal the next window and the next etc.

Bentley should have been his line in the sand.

I think the loan to buy option works for our outgoing players as well. (I think I read we are looking at this for Rose and KWP). It gets the ongoing wages paid and if they perform (and especially if triggered by meeting certain targets) gaurantees they're going without all the haggling.

I think prices (and wages) are so inflated now that clubs (especially smaller clubs) are rightly cautious about committing a big chunk on a player that 1. Looks out of favour with his current club 2. Is on or demanding decent wages.

Think who we offloaded to Stoke in recent times for example.

Levy does appear to baulk at the thought of cutting his losses BUT there is evidence that financially and squad harmony it far from adds up to hope for a deal the next window and the next etc.

Bentley should have been his line in the sand.
The issue is what is a loss?

we’re selling Eriksen for a profit but some would argue it’s a lost as if we had sold him when he had a longer contract he would have cost more... conversely no one may have brought him as he was too expensive for most

buying and selling players is bloody tricky and volatile. Fans seems to really think it’s easy

try buying and selling a house at the same time in the UK ... it’s a similar process I believe in that you have several intermediaries (estate agents and solicitors), law and rules, oh and you have to find the money too so banks are involved. It’s generally accepted as the most stressful point in anyone’s life and it frequently goes wrong

yet people think trading human beings, potentially from other countries is quick and simple...

a general thought that could go in a few different threads, if we did a better job of preparation, coaching, maintenance, etc, we wouldn't end up with so much deadwood in the first place

we’re selling Eriksen for a profit but some would argue it’s a lost as if we had sold him when he had a longer contract he would have cost more... conversely no one may have bought him as he was too expensive for most

buying and selling players is bloody tricky and volatile. Fans seems to really think it’s easy

try buying and selling a house at the same time in the UK ... it’s a similar process I believe in that you have several intermediaries (estate agents and solicitors), law and rules, oh and you have to find the money too so banks are involved. It’s generally accepted as the most stressful point in anyone’s life and it frequently goes wrong

yet people think trading human beings, potentially from other countries is quick and simple...

That is what separates the great DoFs/Chairmen (Monchi, Anlus, Zorc, Bertra) from the also rans.

We sadly do not have a tier 1 transfer procurement operator.

To be fair this summer's transfers were very much a return to form in that area so maybe I'll hold my judgement for now.

That is what separates the great DoFs/Chairmen (Monchi, Anlus, Zorc, Bertra) from the also rans.

We sadly do not have a tier 1 transfer procurement operator.

To be fair this summer's transfers were very much a return to form in that area so maybe I'll hold my judgement for now.

Monchi didn’t do as well at Roma did he

I think everyone remembers the successes and digs out the failures but forgets the reason the player was signed in the first place

Monchi didn’t do as well at Roma did he

I think everyone remembers the successes and digs out the failures but forgets the reason the player was signed in the first place

He was there for I think two years and wasn't a failure but wasn't immediately succesful. But Sevilla were he had his feet under the table for many years (like someone we all can think of [emoji38]) he was overwhelmingly successful in his role.

I don't know if the whys matter as much as if they were successful and succesful for me does not mean they have to be world class just that they filled a specific need and role for a period of time. That's all I want really, if there is an obvious gap try to fill it as best as you can, if a player wants to leave, sell them and move on to the next...

He was there for I think two years and wasn't a failure but wasn't immediately succesful. But Sevilla were he had his feet under the table for many years (like someone we all can think of [emoji38]) he was overwhelmingly successful in his role.

I don't know if the whys matter as much as if they were successful and succesful for me does not mean they have to be world class just that they filled a specific need and role for a period of time. That's all I want really, if there is an obvious gap try to fill it as best as you can, if a player wants to leave, sell them and move on to the next...

I just want us to have a plan but also buy when we can what we can

if we need a CF for example but can’t find one... and a winger is available who we believe is better than we have we should buy that winger

Unless their advisers give them counsel that'd they'd get even more by letting their contract run down and then be able to move on a Bosman and receive a lump sum that exceeds the potential earlier payrise.
True. In which case the club have to weigh up whether that player will remain a valuable member of the squad or whether they should cut their losses by sweetening the deal further. In some cases (Rose perhaps?) it may not be worth paying the player £2.5 million a year to be on the inside of the tent tinkling in. In Wanyama's case, he doesn't seem to be a disruptive influence, but he clearly has no future at the club and we are effectively now paying him £3 million a year to train. That failed £13 million transfer to Belgium last Summer has already cost us £1.5 million in wages. Having played close to zero minutes of first team football since that failed transfer and now having 6 months less left on his contract, I wonder what sort of transfer fee Wanyama would fetch now?.... I suspect that Wanyama will stay another 6 months, pick up another £1.5 million of wages to turn up to training each day and then be sold for a nominal fee in the Summer or even just released on a free.

Giving Wanyama a £6 million pay off to go to Belgium last Summer probably would've actually meant that the club were £10 million better off.

Your point is right about players going on a bosman. That comes into consideration for any player that goes into the last 2 years of their contract and especially so if not sold/renewed in that window. Remember though that any player running down their contract is putting themselves at risk. They are only one moment away from no new contract, anywhere, ever. For a player like Wanyama, a move to Belgium last summer on a 4 year contract with a pay off to sweeten the deal from Spurs could well have been better financially than seeing out his contract at Spurs and going on a bosman having played no first team football for 2 years.

True. In which case the club have to weigh up whether that player will remain a valuable member of the squad or whether they should cut their losses by sweetening the deal further. In some cases (Rose perhaps?) it may not be worth paying the player £2.5 million a year to be on the inside of the tent tinkling in. In Wanyama's case, he doesn't seem to be a disruptive influence, but he clearly has no future at the club and we are effectively now paying him £3 million a year to train. That failed £13 million transfer to Belgium last Summer has already cost us £1.5 million in wages. Having played close to zero minutes of first team football since that failed transfer and now having 6 months less left on his contract, I wonder what sort of transfer fee Wanyama would fetch now?.... I suspect that Wanyama will stay another 6 months, pick up another £1.5 million of wages to turn up to training each day and then be sold for a nominal fee in the Summer or even just released on a free.

Giving Wanyama a £6 million pay off to go to Belgium last Summer probably would've actually meant that the club were £10 million better off.

Your point is right about players going on a bosman. That comes into consideration for any player that goes into the last 2 years of their contract and especially so if not sold/renewed in that window. Remember though that any player running down their contract is putting themselves at risk. They are only one moment away from no new contract, anywhere, ever. For a player like Wanyama, a move to Belgium last summer on a 4 year contract with a pay off to sweeten the deal from Spurs could well have been better financially than seeing out his contract at Spurs and going on a bosman having played no first team football for 2 years.

Indeed. Though I am not sure how many professional sportsmen would take such a realistic/pessimistic view as opposed to believing enough in themselves and their ability to earn a decent contract elsewhere and be good enough to get an offer from someone, especially on a free.

I just want us to have a plan but also buy when we can what we can

if we need a CF for example but can’t find one... and a winger is available who we believe is better than we have we should buy that winger
It seems like that is the idea with Bergwijn. He improves the depth and potentially starting quality and maybe allows us to push Son up top permanently for now [emoji848]

As I said earlier we seem to be back on the track of unearthing players on that level just below or before elite status and I absolutely think that is the market we should be shopping in. It is where we have had the most success.

It seems like that is the idea with Bergwijn. He improves the depth and potentially starting quality and maybe allows us to push Son up top permanently for now [emoji848]

As I said earlier we seem to be back on the track of unearthing players on that level just below or before elite status and I absolutely think that is the market we should be shopping in. It is where we have had the most success.

Yeah agree with all of that

we’re selling Eriksen for a profit but some would argue it’s a lost as if we had sold him when he had a longer contract he would have cost more... conversely no one may have bought him as he was too expensive for most

Can agree with most of that and as for the bolded bit you are spot on, the majority fans have zero knowledge/ experience of buying and selling of players and yet they keep suggesting how it should have/ could have been done.

Can agree with most of that and as for the bolded bit you are spot on, the majority fans have zero knowledge/ experience of buying and selling of players and yet they keep suggesting how it should have/ could have been done.
I guess if some nonce can write about it in the gutter press then any fan can too

Back