• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

One the scale of the job on his hands
“Happiness-wise I am convinced my choice was a great one.

"Sometimes results make these decisions. I wouldn’t say it’s a (big) job (to turn things around). The club is huge. I know that I have potentially a great job in my hands.”

Clairvoyance
"I had a feeling I was going to get a club mid-season. I knew I would be in a situation where I would get only one or two days before my first game"

Has he changed?
"I think so. You are what you are but I had time to think about many things. I realised that during my career, I made mistakes and I’m not going to make the same mistakes. I’m going to make new mistakes."

JOSE: I THOUGHT YOU WANTED ME AT SKY!

Jose jokes with our reporter Gary Cotterill about having to leave his role as pundit with Sky Sports to become head coach at Tottenham.

He said: “I am a bit disappointed that you are happy that I am here because I thought you would like to keep me at Sky!

“We are friends and you know very well that I enjoyed what I did but this is my life and this is where I belong. It is really what makes me happy.

“I am not smiling as much today because I have a game in two days, it is not a long time to work, but deep inside I am really happy.”

Conference going on now, not on SSN until its complete I think

JOSE: POCH IS ALWAYS WELCOME

Mourinho begins the press conference by paying tribute to former manager Mauricio Pochettino, who was sacked by the club on Tuesday.

He said: “First of all, I think I have to and I do it with a bit of sadness, I have to speak about Mauricio.

“I have to congratulate him for the work he did. I have to share with you what we already shared indoors, which is that this club will always be his home.

“This training ground will always be his training ground, he can come whenever he wants.

“The door is always open for him and from my experience tomorrow is another day and he will find happiness again.

“He will find a great club again and he will have a great future. He will always be welcome.”
Great start José!
69816018-58F5-4E52-BFD5-DE3F0F0588B8.jpeg

Says he is never happy losing games
"If you are happy by losing football matches, it’s difficult to be a winner in any moment of your career. But the emotional control to keep the self esteem and confidence and in those around you is very important."

Don’t think of Chelsea think of me as Mr Inter, Mr Porto Mr Madrid
I arrive and wear the pyjamas of the club. The tracksuit and sometimes you confuse the tracksuit with the pyjamas

JOSE: SPURS HAVE HUGE POTENTIAL Tottenham are currently 14th in the Premier League but Mourinho believes the club has huge potential for improvement, starting against London rivals West Ham on Saturday.

He said: ““I couldn’t be happier [about my decision to come here]. In relation to the difficulty of the job ahead – every time a club changes mid-season it is because the situation is not good, that is obvious - unless something strange happened that we don’t know about. Basically the results sometimes force these decisions.

“The potential of the club is huge, the potential of the players is great I am so happy that was one of the reasons I came because of the vision that Mr Levy put in front of me about the club and the quality of the players and the squad. I know potentially I have a great job in my hands.”

Last edited:
has he?
I’ve not seen that anywhere other than maybe united but I’m happy to be wrong
TBH I think he is tactically outstanding and that’s his BIG step up form Poch
His man management was outstanding too until he went to Madrid and had to deal with their egos

He played 4-3-3 a lot during his first spell at Chelsea

JOSE: IT’S NOT ABOUT ME

Mourinho insists he won’t attempt to make drastic changes at Tottenham and will look to continue the work left by his predecessor, Mauricio Pochettino. He said: “I cannot think that I can come and in two days or four days I can change things I don’t have a great experience of taking teams mid-season it is only the second time I have done it. “I did it in Porto I think in 2001 but I thought about it during these months because I had the feeling I was going to get a team mid-season.

“The conclusions was I was going to have a game one or two days after my appointment. I need to trust the base and the base is what was done before. “They were in hands of a good manager and coaching staff. Of course we have principles of play and leadership style that is going to change, that is obvious, but I cannot come here and think it is about my fingerprint or myself. It is not about myself.”

The best gift are the players who are here. I don’t need new players. I just need to get to know these ones better.

I know them well but you never know them well enough until you meet them.

I told the players I came here because of them.

I tried to buy some for different clubs and some I didn’t even try because you know how difficult it was.

MOURINHO: I'M STRONGER NOW

Mourinho insists he has become a stronger person in the 11-month period since his sacking from Manchester United.

He said: “I always thought that these 11 months were not a waste of time. They were months to think, to think, to analyse and to prepare.

“You never lose your DNA, you never lose your identity, you are what you are for the good things and the bad things. But I have time to think about many things. I realise that during my career I have made mistakes but I won’t make the same mistakes.

"I am stronger. I am not fitter, I was always fit! But I am stronger from an emotional point of view.

“I am relaxed, I am motivated, I am ready and I think the players felt that in two days. I think they feel that I am ready to support them, this is not about me.

"I am in a period where it is not about myself, it is about the club, the fans, the players. Not about me. I am here to try and help everyone."

Very similar to before. Of course I will try to add details, and sometimes details can make the difference.

Progressively we can arrive to a fingerprint. The style of play must be adaptive to the club culture and also the players here.

THE HUMBLE ONE?

More from Jose on his period away from football… the former Manchester United manager says he used to time for deep self-reflection.

He said: “I am humble. I am humble enough to try to analyse my career. Not just the last year, to analyse my career, its evolution. The problems and the solutions.

“I was humble enough for that. The principle of the analysing was not to blame anyone else. When I had meetings with my assistants and the people I thought about bringing me to this chapter, it was always on the principle that there is no one else to blame or analyse.

“It is only about us. It was a great thing because I went really deep into that analysing and it was really important for me. I am nobody to advise but sometimes to have a break, it was very positive for me.

“Because it was the first summer that I didn’t work, it was not easy. I felt a little bit lost during the pre-season but before that and after that it was a learning process.

“I even learned how to be a pundit!”

When you were at Chelsea, you said you’d never come to Spurs - what changed?

Yes, that was before I was sacked!

Premier League title aspirations
We can’t win the Premier League this season. Next season, I’m not saying we will win it, but we can win it.

JOSE: MY PLAYERS MUST HATE LOSING

Mourinho says he cannot be happy as manager while his teams is losing and wants his players to feel the same.

When asked if now had his mojo back since joining Spurs, Mourinho said: “I have to go to Google translate to understand what mojo is, but I can more or less understand what you mean!

“When I don’t win I cannot be happy and I cannot change that in my DNA. I hope I can influence the players of not being happy without winning football matches.

“If you are happy after losing football matches, it is difficult to be a winner in any moment of your career.”

Back