• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Agree with all of this but actually some players may now be past it so the refresh still is as important as getting players to the right standard

Yeah agreed. And 1/2/3 of the previous high performers probably wont be here.

I expect Ndom/GLC/Sess/RB/CB and possibly Bruno Fernandes to be central to the refresh.

Nearly 48 hours after the leaving of Poch and i must admit that i am looking forward to the new set up. I loved Poch and will never forget what he has done here and would have liked to see him get to the end of the season before getting rid.

However the signing of Jose shows just how our club is now among the big boys of the Prem, a few years ago he would have laughed if someone had suggested he took over here but thanks to what Poch has done for us he is now OUR manager. The guy is a winner and just hearing him speak shows how he just wants to be the best, i really do think that this is a major forward move for us and the sky is the limit.

Can not wait to be at the next game and see our march to even greater progress.

COYS.

I hope we are not getting a ‘new sanitised’ Mourinho!
That would be great shame, his drive and purpose are crucial!

Nearly 48 hours after the leaving of Poch and i must admit that i am looking forward to the new set up. I loved Poch and will never forget what he has done here and would have liked to see him get to the end of the season before getting rid.

However the signing of Jose shows just how our club is now among the big boys of the Prem, a few years ago he would have laughed if someone had suggested he took over here but thanks to what Poch has done for us he is now OUR manager. The guy is a winner and just hearing him speak shows how he just wants to be the best, i really do think that this is a major forward move for us and the sky is the limit.

Can not wait to be at the next game and see our march to even greater progress.

COYS.
There is just something about him speaking, that makes you listen. Imagine the impact he must have on players with the same drive and ambition as him.....

There are defo other areas that need strengthening but I still think Jose will be interested in him.

Rumor has been we have still be pursuing even after window and he is mentioned in some of the first targets on Jose's list as well (along with another Portuguese defender)

Think he is the Eriksen swap not Lo Celso but no idea what the setup would look like

Because the guy is class and we need better players. When their available and we can get them we should!!!

I also believe we may look at playing a similar system to Leicester (4-1-4-1 and he would fit that nicely)

I just dont see the need, always thought it was either/or with Lo Celso - Poch made his preference clear and so it went.

I cant understand why we'd spend the £60m odd to get him when theres no obvious place in the side for him.

ESPECIALLY when we surely have more pressing needs.

Really just smells like press 2+2=5 stuff...

There is just something about him speaking, that makes you listen. Imagine the impact he must have on players with the same drive and ambition as him.....

Could not agree more, having played at good level i would have loved to have him as a boss.
He has been there, done that and got the tee-shirt.

Former Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher believes Jose Mourinho will be "different" at Tottenham in comparison to his tenure at Old Trafford.

The Portuguese was sacked by United in December 2018 amid several public fallouts with the likes of Paul Pogba and having left the club 11 points off the top four.

His acrimonious departure saw him draw criticism for his man-management style, but after taking over at Tottenham, Fletcher thinks the 56-year-old may handle things differently at the north London club.

"I think we'll see a slightly different Jose,” he told BBC Radio 5Live.

"I think the Jose that had been affected by Real Madrid and his almost resentment of players, which was different to when he was at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan, he was a players' manager: 'Us against the world'. We've not seen that for a while.

"I know for a fact that when he left United he did a little bit of reflecting and asked a few people to tell him what he was like, to give him the truth, to give it to him straight, and that, for me, is a sign of somebody who realised he went a little bit too far.

"I'm sure he had his own frustrations with Manchester United, just as many as the players and people had towards him.

"You could see towards the end from both points of view, but the fact that he was asking people for an honest opinion of what he was like says to me that it's someone who is reflecting.

"A little bit of a rest and a bit of reflection, I think we'll see a different Jose Mourinho. I don't know whether it will be the Jose of old but I don't expect it to be the Jose we have seen for the last couple of years."

Firstly. Thanks go to Poch. Love that Man. The club is simply chalk and cheese to the one he arrived at. Made me queasy watching Jose with the players in training yesterday.

Now on to project Jose. I expect results to improve immediately. The first batch of games and Xmas is kind. Don’t think we’ll see much movement in January. Jose will take his free pass this season to weed out the wantaways and identify the gaps. An FA cup would be great (no final for 28 years!) or deep CL run will be a bonus. Top 4 gone imo which means no CL next season (unless we win it this season - a friendly last 16 draw and we’re 2 ties from a final, that’s where Jose excels - don’t rule it out!).

In the summer we will have to spend big - It’s likely Eriksen, Toby and/or Jan, and Rose will be out. Then we will also need a RB. You simply can’t replace this quality of player without spending big money. Replacing Eriksen the biggest job.

I see a lot of debate about whether Jose can improve players like Poch did. Actually - all he really needs to do is get them back to the level of 2 years ago, and then add the winning meteorology. It’s actually a pretty straight forward job!

Next season is THE season. Providing we qualify for the Europa League minimum he will have 3 realistic silverware chances + the league to cement us back in top 4.

In summary a realistic target for me is one trophy and back in the CL by the end of next season.
agreed BUT if we can do decent FB business in Jan we should 100%

Top 4 isn't gone imo. It should 100% be the focus and target for this season.
If he can get them up & running we should be having another crack at going deep in the CL.

Conference going on now, not on SSN until its complete I think

JOSE: POCH IS ALWAYS WELCOME

Mourinho begins the press conference by paying tribute to former manager Mauricio Pochettino, who was sacked by the club on Tuesday.

He said: “First of all, I think I have to and I do it with a bit of sadness, I have to speak about Mauricio.

“I have to congratulate him for the work he did. I have to share with you what we already shared indoors, which is that this club will always be his home.

“This training ground will always be his training ground, he can come whenever he wants.

“The door is always open for him and from my experience tomorrow is another day and he will find happiness again.

“He will find a great club again and he will have a great future. He will always be welcome.”

Back