• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Firstly. Thanks go to Poch. Love that Man. The club is simply chalk and cheese to the one he arrived at. Made me queasy watching Jose with the players in training yesterday.

Now on to project Jose. I expect results to improve immediately. The first batch of games and Xmas is kind. Don’t think we’ll see much movement in January. Jose will take his free pass this season to weed out the wantaways and identify the gaps. An FA cup would be great (no final for 28 years!) or deep CL run will be a bonus. Top 4 gone imo which means no CL next season (unless we win it this season - a friendly last 16 draw and we’re 2 ties from a final, that’s where Jose excels - don’t rule it out!).

In the summer we will have to spend big - It’s likely Eriksen, Toby and/or Jan, and Rose will be out. Then we will also need a RB. You simply can’t replace this quality of player without spending big money. Replacing Eriksen the biggest job.

I see a lot of debate about whether Jose can improve players like Poch did. Actually - all he really needs to do is get them back to the level of 2 years ago, and then add the winning mentality. It’s actually a pretty straight forward job!

Next season is THE season. Providing we qualify for the Europa League minimum he will have 3 realistic silverware chances + the league to cement us back in top 4.

In summary a realistic target for me is one trophy and back in the CL by the end of next season.

Firstly. Thanks go to Poch. Love that Man. The club is simply chalk and cheese to the one he arrived at. Made me queasy watching Jose with the players in training yesterday.

Now on to project Jose. I expect results to improve immediately. The first batch of games and Xmas is kind. Don’t think we’ll see much movement in January. Jose will take his free pass this season to weed out the wantaways and identify the gaps. An FA cup would be great (no final for 28 years!) or deep CL run will be a bonus. Top 4 gone imo which means no CL next season (unless we win it this season - a friendly last 16 draw and we’re 2 ties from a final, that’s where Jose excels - don’t rule it out!).

In the summer we will have to spend big - It’s likely Eriksen, Toby and/or Jan, and Rose will be out. Then we will also need a RB. You simply can’t replace this quality of player without spending big money. Replacing Eriksen the biggest job.

I see a lot of debate about whether Jose can improve players like Poch did. Actually - all he really needs to do is get them back to the level of 2 years ago, and then add the winning meteorology. It’s actually a pretty straight forward job!

Next season is THE season. Providing we qualify for the Europa League minimum he will have 3 realistic silverware chances + the league to cement us back in top 4.

In summary a realistic target for me is one trophy and back in the CL by the end of next season.

Sums it up for me.

I see a lot of debate about whether Jose can improve players like Poch did. Actually - all he really needs to do is get them back to the level of 2 years ago, and then add the winning meteorology. It’s actually a pretty straight forward job!

Minimum bar, I think that's the plan

- I think we will surprise people in January, I'd bet on Fernandes and a defensive player coming in, I also wouldn't be surprised to see us setup the DoF system in preparation for summer
- I do think Jose will put more emphasis on domestic cups, could see us in the FA Cup final this season

The piece that is interesting is where are we in February

- If we are firmly in 5th on a good run, then the impossible (CL spot) gets back on cards
- It is dependent on Leicester and/or Chelsea falling off, but that isn't unthinkable.

Make no mistake, read this board (for whatever complaints about the clubs decisions), just a few thoughts of daring to dream again this season are on, that in itself is a change and there is no way at least some of the squad doesn't believe it as well.

Minimum bar, I think that's the plan

- I think we will surprise people in January, I'd bet on Fernandes and a defensive player coming in, I also wouldn't be surprised to see us setup the DoF system in preparation for summer
- I do think Jose will put more emphasis on domestic cups, could see us in the FA Cup final this season

The piece that is interesting is where are we in February

- If we are firmly in 5th on a good run, then the impossible (CL spot) gets back on cards
- It is dependent on Leicester and/or Chelsea falling off, but that isn't unthinkable.

Make no mistake, read this board (for whatever complaints about the clubs decisions), just a few thoughts of daring to dream again this season are on, that in itself is a change and there is no way at least some of the squad doesn't believe it as well.

Agree about Bruno. I think that would have happened had Eriksen gone in the summer, and you’d expect Jose and his team to be all over it.

Why Fernandes? That one still doesn't make sense to me now we have lo celso

Rumor has been we have still be pursuing even after window and he is mentioned in some of the first targets on Jose's list as well (along with another Portuguese defender)

Think he is the Eriksen swap not Lo Celso but no idea what the setup would look like

Agree with all of this but actually some players may now be past it so the refresh still is as important as getting players to the right standard

Back