• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Maybe
I always thought Tanguy to replace Moussa, Lo Celso for Eriksen and sessegnon for Rose
But again who knows.

I thought Ndombele and Glc as a shielding, hussling pair in front of the back line, who could also create from deep.
Fernandes to replace Eriksen.
Sess was a project.

But as you say, who knows.

Yeah i guess we needed a change. It was just odd going for Jose if we as a club were not going to change ourselves; thinking that Jose would work in a similar 'organic' way to Poch was the very definition of madness
But is he expected too... we don’t know
He has been here 4 months and we really don’t know what parameters he has here or what his plans are

So much of this seems so premature and reactionary.

How about we give Mourinho a chance to show what he can do with a preseason, summer transfer window and close to full squad?

I really struggle to understand what the expectations were for this season when he took over.

Not sitting where we are ATM

Last edited:
So much of this seems so premature and reactionary.

How about we give Mourinho a chance to show what he can do with a preseason, summer transfer window and close to full squad?

I really struggle to understand what the expectations were for this season when he took over.

I was happy enough to watch him continue make the sensible decisions he made during the first 7 games in charge.
Then he changed formation and personal every game seemingly at random.

I was happy enough to watch him continue make the sensible decisions he made during the first 7 games in charge.
Then he changed formation and personal every game seemingly at random.

Exactly. It was imposed through injuries and a heavy schedule, but in hindsight, not retreating to a back 5, but sticking with the same setup with Moura replacing Son upfront might have been better.

If Mourinho sticks to his guns and plays a back 5 again against united, is that good because he is trying to get some stability in the side, or regressive because our midfield is underpopulated and we leave our backline exposed? If we play 5 at the back again, we need the full-backs to play more in midfield and for the CBs to take turns to bolster the middle.

Exactly. It was imposed through injuries and a heavy schedule, but in hindsight, not retreating to a back 5, but sticking with the same setup with Moura replacing Son upfront might have been better.

If Mourinho sticks to his guns and plays a back 5 again against united, is that good because he is trying to get some stability in the side, or regressive because our midfield is underpopulated and we leave our backline exposed? If we play 5 at the back again, we need the full-backs to play more in midfield and for the CBs to take turns to bolster the middle.
The full backs started in midfield yesterday and we were showing progress
Then Hugo lets in the limp wrist effort and it breaks the plan
The issue remains that we cannot keep on conceding cheap goals as it’s fudges any plans we have

He could do without being so negative; it's more infectious than Coronavirus. You've been dealt a poor hand; that comes with territory of being the Spurs manager, something all the recent managers have had to overcome to greater or lesser extent- deal with it!

I'd rather he just stuck to a tactic and way of playing. Something the players can learn and get good at.

He went from playing the exact same formation for 7 games to barely playing the same formation in the same 90 minutes.
Poch did the exact same thing at the end. Swapping formation repeatedly hoping something would work.

He could do without being so negative; it's more infectious than Coronavirus. You've been dealt a poor hand; that comes with territory of being the Spurs manager, something all the recent managers have had to overcome to greater or lesser extent- deal with it!

I was thoroughly depressed after watching his post-match press conference last night. And I'm someone who still backs him.

He looked broken last night
As if he has no idea how to get his next results

sadly I agreed
My only observation would be, stop changing players positions and don’t keep rotating defenders every game.
He does look desperate and not a little confused.

Yeah I think leaving the stadium empty and doing nothing over the summer is the best plan:rolleyes:

And a few events over the summer is going to 'clearly' take the place of their (by far) biggest income generator.

Perhaps it will all add to the bottom line, a percentage of we can spend on players and wages. Unless Levy ring fences it for coke and fluffy bunnies cuddlings?
It probably adds about 2 to 3 million quid per gig only to the bottom line. We'd need a hell of a lot of gigs to make up for our lost CL revenue.

I think it's quite possible that he will walk; it's clear he wont get the money that someone like him is used to and if he lets his 'rep' slide any further than it has, he'll end up being the modern George Graham (if he hasn't already).
He's got a semblance of a ready-made excuse at is (re our January dealings and not bringing in a striker or defensive midfielder)
If Levy doesn't give him the money needed then I hope he does walk. Firstly it might actually embarrass Levy and secondly if we're not getting much money to spend then we need a different type of manager anyway.

Hey your entitled to your opinion and that’s cool
Maybe Jose sees Gedson as that DM... maybe he sees sissoko as it. I don’t know
I do know we haven’t been linked with any of note and the only striker was the polish lad
Id argue any win in the prem is key as it’s the hardest league to get wins in
Watford beat Liverpool didn’t they?
If Jose see's Gedson as that DM then why on earth doesn't he actually.... you know... play him there!

Back