• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jay Rodriguez

Im assuming he along with Schneiderlin would cost around 40m - im sorry but thats a lot of money... admittedly not seen much of either but ****in hell 40m (thats being conservative)

You could argue though that it solves two areas that we are missing the right player in, although personally I wouldn't like taking a risk on Rodriguez just yet. Then again I'm sure I read somewhere that Poch thought the lad could go on to become a #9

You could argue though that it solves two areas that we are missing the right player in, although personally I wouldn't like taking a risk on Rodriguez just yet. Then again I'm sure I read somewhere that Poch thought the lad could go on to become a #9

Did you not see my post from Saintsweb, he is 6-8 weeks ahead of schedule, no issues with his knee, just lacking fitness

Im assuming he along with Schneiderlin would cost around 40m - im sorry but thats a lot of money... admittedly not seen much of either but ****in hell 40m (thats being conservative)

No, Rodriguez is an injured player, we are not going to make a 15M bid for him.

Seems (some rumours on their message boards) Saints have basically said, whoever wants to leave, go. Number being touted for Rodriguez is 8M, same as they paid for him, with us taking the injury risk.

Did you not see my post from Saintsweb, he is 6-8 weeks ahead of schedule, no issues with his knee, just lacking fitness

So when he arrives, and our physio team start to deal with him, he'll be did to eight weeks 'behind' schedule? :-k

I think we have some excellent physics but why do our players seem to take forever to recover? They could have a nosebleed & be out of action for us for a month!! Reminds me of that splinter scene in a Million Ways to Die in the West.

So when he arrives, and our physio team start to deal with him, he'll be did to eight weeks 'behind' schedule? :-k

I think we have some excellent physics but why do our players seem to take forever to recover? They could have a nosebleed & be out of action for us for a month!! Reminds me of that splinter scene in a Million Ways to Die in the West.

You've answered your own question Physios are the way to go not Scientists waiting for a players matter to reassemble. ;)

I did read that, however ACL injuries are a nightmare to recover from. It may be fully functioning, but how will it do under the full rigours of a 90 minute game. Did he injure cartilage and meniscus too? These things aren't so black and white and I've known a few reconstructions to go again.

Really struggle with this one, mainly because the price will be crazy as Southampton dont need the cash and because he's English. It'll also mean that we have an abundance of players for the wide roles in a 4-3-3 (unless Poch is going to convert him to an out and out CF?). Guess I would be less worried if we'd already covered the gapping hole which exists in our squad at CB

Really struggle with this one, mainly because the price will be crazy as Southampton dont need the cash and because he's English. It'll also mean that we have an abundance of players for the wide roles in a 4-3-3 (unless Poch is going to convert him to an out and out CF?). Guess I would be less worried if we'd already covered the gapping hole which exists in our squad at CB

Believe in Poch.

He isn't going to sign players for the sake of them playing for his old club.

CB would be the only issue with our squad to sort out after these two. And there's a month till deadline day to pick up a Nastasic or Schar etc.

Also our wide forwards are unbalanced. We have 3 RWFs (Lamela, Lennon and Townsend), but only 1 LWF (Chadli). Rodriguez would balance things up on the left - fill a Willian shaped hole.

I'm sure it will be closer to £30m for the pair. Rodriguez is in the last year of his contract and with an ACL I don't think his value would be above £5m

In the summer of 2012, Rodriguez was subject to a lot of interest from Premier League clubs, and on 23 May, Championship rivals Cardiff City were reported to have made an offer for Rodriguez.[31] On 28 May, it was reported that Burnley had accepted a "substantial offer" from newly promoted Premier League side Southampton.[32] On 10 June, Rodriguez signed for Southampton on a four-year deal[33] reported to be in the region of £7 million.

For anyone that's actually interested in Rodriguez contract and how long he has left..

Last edited:
So now all the decent ones have been sold were being linked with Jay Rodriguez? Some of you might be confusing him with Colombias James Rodriguez!!!! Please swerve this one Levy ffs.

Roy, Jay Rodriguez is quality - he is a very, very good footballer. Will score a lot of goals for us.

So now all the decent ones have been sold were being linked with Jay Rodriguez? Some of you might be confusing him with Colombias James Rodriguez!!!! Please swerve this one Levy ffs.

If Poch wants him, Levy, drive straight down the damn road and pick him up. Whatever it costs (as long as that cost doesn't unduly impact any other business we may wish to do that Poch agrees is necessary). Time to back our man, instead of only cheering him on when he wants players that we as a club also find appealing.

Back