• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jay Rodriguez

A friend of mine has some kind of close working connection to Jay Rod's (it's what he calls him) advisors and he's been going on for months (before his injury) that we've been making our move for him and is still convinced we're in talks...I wasn't really paying any attention to him because he's generally waaaaay off with any 'inside info' and nothing has ever come off!

But then this report made it's way out into the public...I still can't see it with his injury, and although I do like him will be good to see how he fares next season and without a World Cup the incentive.

I do have big admiration with how he came back after that dreadful international debut.

Would not be surprised if Liverpool move their attention in his direction more following the failed Remy bid.

i dont blame Southampton, so much stupid money being thrown around for their players......kerching

Rodriguez is ahead of schedule and is due back in 6-8 weeks ...prem starts in 3 weeks....he probably needs 3 weeks after full recovery to be match fit....realistically he could be back by late October.

i dont blame Southampton, so much stupid money being thrown around for their players......kerching

It's not kerching though. They've made what, 90m?.. That's like one/two seasons in the premier league these days.

It's crazy, and I can't see koeman? Having much of a chance at keeping them up.

From Saintsweb

To be fair, Jay has fully recovered from his knee injury and was on course to return within 6-8 weeks - well ahead of schedule. He's been working building his strength and muscle around his knee. The knee injury it's self has gone.....so it's not like they're signing a crocked player, they're signing a player who isn't fully fit as yet. I just hope we haven't agreed to let him go at a knock down price for this. Should be £20m and no less.

I will miss Jay, regulars on here will know how much I wanted that signing to happen back in the day. Utter class act of a player who stepped up a level last year.

It's not kerching though. They've made what, 90m?.. That's like one/two seasons in the premier league these days.

It's crazy, and I can't see koeman? Having much of a chance at keeping them up.

theyve been offered and have accepted silly money for their players, players who anyway wanted to leave...........they key is buying well with that money, bringing in players who will want to play for Southampton. so far they havent done well in the buying dept

theyve been offered and have accepted silly money for their players, players who anyway wanted to leave...........they key is buying well with that money, bringing in players who will want to play for Southampton. so far they havent done well in the buying dept

Other than Shaw, I can't think of any that have gone for silly money.

Other than Shaw, I can't think of any that have gone for silly money.

1 Lovren went for around 8m more than what his worth.
2) Lallana went for around 10m more than what his worth (and i'm including the English premium).
3) chambers has only played a few games (And didn't even look particularly good)

1 Lovren went for around 8m more than what his worth.
2) Lallana went for around 10m more than what his worth (and i'm including the English premium).
3) chambers has only played a few games (And didn't even look particularly good)

Maybe we should take this to the Southampton fire sale thread in General

My only concern so far is that the Telegraph haven't reported this yet. I trust them above all other papers.

[video=youtube;yiHO15305Os]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiHO15305Os[/video]

Thanks Mark, good to see how his rehab is going

Also, afterwards I watched Jay Rod skills and goals 2013-14 and he impressed me with a mix of skill power bravery intelligence, all quite convincing

Back