• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Poch like every manager had the players he wanted
He was struggling to get players to improve and maybe just thought minor tweaks here and there would work. Maybe it wasn’t the time to bring a kid in... who knows

Poch played him pre season and he was very good then

Mopo played Nkoudou non stop one pre season and he scored a few goals - not sure pre season is a judge of mopos belief on players.

Starting to look like he completely neglected the youth team when there were players ready to step forward

Mopo played Nkoudou non stop one pre season and he scored a few goals - not sure pre season is a judge of mopos belief on players.

Starting to look like he completely neglected the youth team when there were players ready to step forward

Love Poch, but remember reading similar about his time at Southampton. If you wasn't one of his 'disciples' Then basically you had no chance of getting in the squad/team. I think long term he'll have to modify that approach to achieve silverware.

It’s not a place to judge especially with players being away too

He's shone against Pool and City which means simply put, he's good enough to start for us in all games. Will benefit from Toby and Verts sticking around. Still think we need Aurier replaced in the summer and a new LB.

He's shone against Pool and City which means simply put, he's good enough to start for us in all games. Will benefit from Toby and Verts sticking around. Still think we need Aurier replaced in the summer and a new LB.

Im hoping we buy Aarons when Norwich go down. As for LB, have we already decided Sessengon has to play up the pitch?

Im hoping we buy Aarons when Norwich go down. As for LB, have we already decided Sessengon has to play up the pitch?

Sessengon has never looked like a fullback to me, I think I've written it several times, very good technique with a bit of pace just lacking in confidence at the moment, plenty of time to develop.

Sessengon has never looked like a fullback to me, I think I've written it several times, very good technique with a bit of pace just lacking in confidence at the moment, plenty of time to develop.

I can think of the same for Rose and Walker when they both started out at full back for us. I cannot see him getting in the team further up. So unless we commit to wingbacks I wonder what we are going to do with him.

I can think of the same for Rose and Walker when they both started out at full back for us. I cannot see him getting in the team further up. So unless we commit to wingbacks I wonder what we are going to do with him.

Rose was a winger as a kid but had aggression, Walker was a genuine fullback with pace, sure he made mistakes (a cardinal sin for any Spurs players) but both thought like defenders Sessengon doesn't look like he does to me. He's not ready at present because it's a big step up from what was expected at Fulham every week and what Spurs fans demand, his confidence is low playing in a team with more experienced players also struggling with form and confidence, if he works hard and gets stronger physically and mentally he'll be good enough. I'd rather persevere with him than Lamela who I can't see improving us long term.

To be honest i have been watching young/homegrown players coming into our team for a very long time, but in all honesty i do not think i can remember a player who started off so consistant and so well as he has done. What i did like ( apart from his playing) is that he his not shy on calling out his older team mates if the are not doing the right things.

He has a long way to go for sure but if he keeps working and playing well he is going to be a major player for us. I am hoping that once Davies is fit he will move over to RB for us until he takes over at CB from Jan/Toby.

Rose was a winger as a kid but had aggression, Walker was a genuine fullback with pace, sure he made mistakes (a cardinal sin for any Spurs players) but both thought like defenders Sessengon doesn't look like he does to me. He's not ready at present because it's a big step up from what was expected at Fulham every week and what Spurs fans demand, his confidence is low playing in a team with more experienced players also struggling with form and confidence, if he works hard and gets stronger physically and mentally he'll be good enough. I'd rather persevere with him than Lamela who I can't see improving us long term.
Walker was actually a striker as a kid, developed into a FB/CB for sheff United then we loaned him out to Villa to get used to the position against prem league opponents if memory serves. At that age their position is not necessarily fixed (see Bale) and still learning steeply their craft. I think Mou is playing him right, not to many games to put pressure on him but enough to get up to speed and learn with the position

Walker was actually a striker as a kid

From a 2012 article:

He said: “I’d started off as a striker because I was small. Centre-halves used
to smash me up.

“Then a coach at Sheffield United switched me to right-back when I was around
16 and I’ve been there ever since.

“I was the last one to get a scholarship out of my year. I was getting worried
but my mum and dad were probably panicking more than me.

“One day, two of the coaches Kevin Fogg and Ron Reid pulled me into the office
and Kevin said it wasn’t his decision but the club were going to give me a
chance.

“I can still remember it. I could see the weight lift off my dad’s shoulders.
My dad just said you’re going to have to prove these people wrong.

“But those two were a big help in my career. I could have been stacking
shelves in Tesco. I need to say a big thanks for putting their belief in me.”

From the same article:

KYLE WALKER is called the new Roberto Carlos in Spain — but Tottenham’s
full-back would rather be known as the next Dani Alves.

Walker earned his accolade with a man-of-the-match performance for England
against the world champions at Wembley last year.

The 21-year-old right-back
has to pinch himself at being mentioned in the same
sentence as Real Madrid legend Roberto Carlos.

Tanganga turns 21 in 2 months

Back