• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Dealing with big games like he's been doing it for years.

A couple of situations where he got his positioning wrong when they overdloaded on that side, that happens against City. Otherwise very good.

Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Fu k me this kid is incredible. He plays so confidently, so assured with and without the ball. Passes well, holds it well and all of that in what must be his weakest position of LB. Very, very pleased with him. I knew there was something to him based on pre-season but then of course we didn't see him despite all the defensive problems we had this season. Bit now he's been given the chances he has absolutely grasped with both hands.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Am i mistaken or was he never really talked up as one for the future by the youth team followers?

Am i mistaken or was he never really talked up as one for the future by the youth team followers?

After seeing him in pre-season. I have wanted him in the team. He is a man already. His pace is an amazing asset but also he is strong, good in the air. He knows exactly when to put in a tackle. But most importantly he seems to have a knack for knowing just where to be in danger situations. Ill say it now. I See him as future captain and reminds more and more like King the more he plays. HE is kind of a cross of Ledley and Judas.

After seeing him in pre-season. I have wanted him in the team. He is a man already. His pace is an amazing asset but also he is strong, good in the air. He knows exactly when to put in a tackle. But most importantly he seems to have a knack for knowing just where to be in danger situations. Ill say it now. I See him as future captain and reminds more and more like King the more he plays. HE is kind of a cross of Ledley and Judas.

Same, his preseason performance was outstanding and not just the typical "good for 20 minutes" but solid and un-flustered for 90.

fudging was thinking the same, have we finally found our next home grown defender ...

Leddas

What really impresses me is the lads recovery speed!
Rapid doesn’t do it!

Yes, there the moment in the second half when Lloris had his brain fart...someone played a through ball to Sterling and he/tanganga had a 20-30 yard foot race and Tanganga matched Sterling

He defends on the front foot
He doesn’t wait to be attacked, he attacks the attacker
It was described by a guy on the radio as Paul McGrath defending. And you win the ball nearly every time as the attacker has already lost it on the move

Yes, there the moment in the second half when Lloris had his brain fart...someone played a through ball to Sterling and he/tanganga had a 20-30 yard foot race and Tanganga matched Sterling
He kept up with him but it was 10 yards
But he then stopped still and watched
That’s something for him to learn

Back