• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

He has saved us a brickload of money.

Hope we don’t make his supreme ability / versatility cost him a no1 position. I Already prefer him to Sanchez and Aurier.

Why don’t Poch play him more??
Poch like every manager had the players he wanted
He was struggling to get players to improve and maybe just thought minor tweaks here and there would work. Maybe it wasn’t the time to bring a kid in... who knows

Poch played him pre season and he was very good then

Poch like every manager had the players he wanted
He was struggling to get players to improve and maybe just thought minor tweaks here and there would work. Maybe it wasn’t the time to bring a kid in... who knows

Poch played him pre season and he was very good then
Note to self, reply to this post when sober! O

I do enjoy your posts but this is one I do feel almost the complete opposite of. and as I have been post game, my concerns remain but also I am enjoying this massive result for us!

Note to self, reply to this post when sober! O

I do enjoy your posts but this is one I do feel almost the complete opposite of. and as I have been post game, my concerns remain but also I am enjoying this massive result for us!
No probs. I’d welcome your thoughts

He has saved us a brickload of money.

Hope we don’t make his supreme ability / versatility cost him a no1 position. I Already prefer him to Sanchez and Aurier.

Why didn’t Poch play him more??

I think he's going to be at FB for a little while, and then move into the center. I'd give him a season being our first-choice RB, and then move him into the center as our first-choice CB the season after next.

His defending style is amazing - it's aggressive, it's on the front foot, he goes into players at just the right moment when they've started to lose control of the ball while dribbling. But that same style is why he might get caught out of position at center-back in a two man defense, which is what Mourinho seems to prefer.

He'd be a perfect sweeper in a three-man back-line, but for now, to learn his trade and get to grips with when to commit and when to stand off, I think he should spend a bit of time at right-back. with him on one flank and Davies on the other, we can go back to a very traditional style of having full-backs be part of the defense, and leave Lucas/Bergwijn and Son to provide the width. Would make us more solid, and also more of a counter-attacking outfit.

First things first, though, he needs to sign a new deal. Bit worried about that, and hopefully it's sorted soon.

As for why Poch didn't play him, we don't know what the reasons are. Maybe he's only just become good enough to start, maybe Mou's style suits him more than Poch's style did, maybe Poch was just protecting him from undue expectations. No sense judging now.

He kept up with him but it was 10 yards
But he then stopped still and watched
That’s something for him to learn
After you talking about the situation where he actually got the ball and Lloris tried to tackle him and City then played "don't hit the target" of the open goal?

If so he actually won that battle with Sterling (?) But lost the second one after having to try and keep safe from the Lloris challenge.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

After you talking about the situation where he actually got the ball and Lloris tried to tackle him and City then played "don't hit the target" of the open goal?

If so he actually won that battle with Sterling (?) But lost the second one after having to try and keep safe from the Lloris challenge.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
Yep
He started with sterling
Then him and Hugo made a balls up
Not sure why Hugo came and tanganga stopped

No probs. I’d welcome your thoughts
Yep no idea what I was thinking last night, Jager bomb and Poteen not a good post match combo on a Sunday eve!!
I think I’d been playing devils advocate on both Poch’s legacy and the way we actually played yesterday post match, sometimes I just need to enjoy the result and look forwards!

Yep no idea what I was thinking last night, Jager bomb and Poteen not a good post match combo on a Sunday eve!!
I think I’d been playing devils advocate on both Poch’s legacy and the way we actually played yesterday post match, sometimes I just need to enjoy the result and look forwards!
Pocheen..... wow on a Sunday
Take it you don’t have a 3 year old and 6 year to get up (as well as a wife who doesn’t leave her bed unless I crow bar her out)
I’m looking forward to the West Ham game TBH so I can get smashed for once

I love Poch. Can’t think of a better man at our club in my lifetime (although Jol was classy too)
But IMO Poch just stayed here too long and what is clearly a strange time for the club
Mou is an arsshaole of the highest order. It’s why he has won everything. I’ve worked for some brilliant people and none of them (well maybe 1) were nice. They knew the task in hand and what the project was and things got done. I got knocked back for a directors role for a very very large organisation (70b to) because I refused to kick some people when they were down... it’s why I left and work for myself and now earn twice as much money and more for less crap luckily. The very best leaders are narcissistic and slightly mental. Poch IMO doesn’t have any of those traits. He is a normal man with outstanding coaching credentials and amazing empathy of his players

Take it you don’t have a 3 year old and 6 year to get up (as well as a wife who doesn’t leave her bed unless I crow bar her out)

I love Poch. Can’t think of a better man at our club in my lifetime (although Jol was classy too)
But IMO Poch just stayed here too long and what is clearly a strange time for the club
Mou is an arsshaole of the highest order. It’s why he has won everything. I’ve worked for some brilliant people and none of them (well maybe 1) were nice. They knew the task in hand and what the project was and things got done. I got knocked back for a directors role for a very very large organisation (70b to) because I refused to kick some people when they were down... it’s why I left and work for myself and now earn twice as much money and more for less crap luckily. The very best leaders are narcissistic and slightly mental. Poch IMO doesn’t have any of those traits. He is a normal man with outstanding coaching credentials and amazing empathy of his players
Haha. I do have a 6 year old (who was ecstatic about the result as he watched it at home as even he’d predicted 3-1 City!) and my wife has a bad back so I did school drop off this am! The Poteen was courtesy of the landlord of the landlord in the pub I still drink in near the ground! He said even at 2-0 the Spurs fans were still bring their nails in the pub!
You raise some good points on leadership, we discussed it in the real world and we did come to the concensus that there is a fine line with the distance and cut throat qualifies you need along with the fine arts of man management. I do think Poch wanted to model himself on Ferguson but didn’t have the player turnover you need to keep the committed players onside to continue the standards for the new faces. His next job should give him the opportunity to prove whether he is only adept at punching up or if he can spend money and deliver trophies.
Said to a mate yesterday I’m sure if you offered Mourinho the FA cup or top 4 he’d take the cup as it would ensure his legacy for delivering it after such a long wait, even if it meant 70m less for the club!

Haha. I do have a 6 year old (who was ecstatic about the result as he watched it at home as even he’d predicted 3-1 City!) and my wife has a bad back so I did school drop off this am! The Poteen was courtesy of the landlord of the landlord in the pub I still drink in near the ground! He said even at 2-0 the Spurs fans were still bring their nails in the pub!
You raise some good points on leadership, we discussed it in the real world and we did come to the concensus that there is a fine line with the distance and cut throat qualifies you need along with the fine arts of man management. I do think Poch wanted to model himself on Ferguson but didn’t have the player turnover you need to keep the committed players onside to continue the standards for the new faces. His next job should give him the opportunity to prove whether he is only adept at punching up or if he can spend money and deliver trophies.
Said to a mate yesterday I’m sure if you offered Mourinho the FA cup or top 4 he’d take the cup as it would ensure his legacy for delivering it after such a long wait, even if it meant 70m less for the club!
I think he would take top 4 because of where we were when he inherited the team
He stated that he was already 12 points down or something similar
I’d take the cup though as it’s the sort of thing that gets a lot of our fans excited

Good for you!

Back