• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

I had heard that they were interested in Jan a few months back, but he was 3rd or 4th choice behind Hummels and a couple of others. Hummels was very much the first choice. I haven't heard anything more about Hummels to Barca(where is we8 when you need him) is that deal off for sure? Have Dortmund asked too much for him?

Edit: the other two defenders mentioned, besides Hummels and Jan, were Kompany & Koscielny

Last edited:
As we've seen with Lewandowski, I don't think Dortmund will entertain any bids for players this summer

Tottenham have dismissed talk of a Barcelona bid for defender Jan Vertonghen.

The Spanish champions are said to have targeted the 26-year-old after being warned off David Luiz by Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and off Thiago Silva by French champions Paris Saint-Germain.

But Spurs have rejected claims of a bid by Barca, also linked with Liverpool centre-back Daniel Agger, and insisted Vertonghen is staying.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-bale-stalemate-vertonghen-2146592

The majority of the article is about Bale. ](*,)

I'd almost prefer most of the story to be about Bale; that suggests that the Vertonghen story is a non-starter, and lets face it, the Bale story will be going on for some time yet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-transfers-bale-stalemate-vertonghen-2146592?

Tottenham rubbish Jan Vertonghen to Barcelona transfer talk while Bale stand-off continues
9 Aug 2013 22:30
As arch-rivals Real are made to wait, the Spanish champs are said to be eyeing another of Daniel Levy's stars - good luck with that, lads!

Tottenham are ready to take the battle over Gareth Bale to the end of the transfer window - and have rubbished talk of Barcelona buying Jan Vertonghen.

The 24-year-old winger will not be involved in the White Hart Lane club's Saturday friendly against Espanyol, through injury, as he continues to pine for a move to Real Madrid.

But the Spanish giants remain frustrated at Tottenham's refusal to give any ground on their £105million asking price and have made no further progress towards their goal.

Real had intended to land Bale in time for their first La Liga game of the season next weekend but the saga shows little sign of being close to a conclusion.

Not only are the two clubs unable to agree on players to move in the opposite direction as part of the deal, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is unconvinced Real are actually able to afford his prize asset.

Meanwhile, Tottenham have dismissed talk of a Barcelona bid for defender Jan Vertonghen.

The Spanish champions are said to have targeted the 26-year-old after being warned off David Luiz by Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho and off Thiago Silva by French champions Paris Saint-Germain.

But Spurs have rejected claims of a bid by Barca, also linked with Liverpool centre-back Daniel Agger, and insisted Vertonghen is staying.

Elsewhere, the north Londoners are set to announce £8.6m midfielder Etienne Capoue as their latest summer signing.

The 25-year-old will join from French club Toulouse this weekend, becoming Tottenham's fourth close-season capture after fellow midfielders Paulinho and Nacer Chadli and striker Roberto Soldado.

Interesting to see what the tabloids think of us now. Not a selling club anyway.

I think we're going to have to get used to this. Other club's lavished attention on our players is the cost of having the top quality squad that we now possess. Levy just has to get used to saying 'no' a lot of times.

I think we're going to have to get used to this. Other club's lavished attention on our players is the cost of having the top quality squad that we now possess. Levy just has to get used to saying 'no' a lot of times.

I agree. Quite a few potential candidates for the next Berbatov/Modric/Bale transfer saga in Lloris, Vertonghen and Sandro at least. Hopefully some of the new signings this summer will reach a similar level.

Such is life, much preferable to the summers spent hoping that half our starting 11 would be shipped out and replaced by just about anyone.

I agree. Quite a few potential candidates for the next Berbatov/Modric/Bale transfer saga in Lloris, Vertonghen and Sandro at least. Hopefully some of the new signings this summer will reach a similar level.

Such is life, much preferable to the summers spent hoping that half our starting 11 would be shipped out and replaced by just about anyone.

Actually when you think about it we're not far off half a starting team now - 4 and counting.

The way I imagine it playing out (in my head) is Levy said to AVB give it a season with whatever we cobble together. I'll push the boat out half way and see how you get on. If you do well then I'll back you large next season and make a real go of it, and that is what is happening now. This transfer window so far is not what we are used to at Spurs. We are signing players early, and the players we are signing are fantastic compared to those we were signing just a few short years ago. And I don't think we are finished yet.

http://squawka.com/news/2013/09/16/...-norwich-team-as-spurs-dominate/2013091621383

Man of the Match: Jan Vertongthen

To many fans just glancing at the game, you wouldn't be blamed for thinking either Gylfi Sigurdsson or Christian Eriksen would be awarded the Man of the Match award. Instead we've given the award to Jan Vertonghen. This is for his mightily impressive statistics, these include; 100% take-on success, a 91% passing accuracy and, most importantly, his seven clearances. These clearances, as you can see, where all in the left-side of the defence. This shows that nothing got past the Belgian international.

BUyQ0fRCcAAigqw.jpg%20large.jpg

Back