• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

Maybe thats exactly what he thought? Why on earth would anyone go in like that on a yellow card?

Seems abit odd to me.
When we lost 3-1 at Blackpool a couple of seasons ago, Adams picked up a 90th minute booking for a totally needless tackle in our half (when 3-0 up). That was his tenth of the season and he missed out on a couple of games. With Stoke already safe before kick-off yesterday, I wonder if Adam fancied an early end to the season. He's such a dirty player anyway that it'd easily be overlooked.

that gif is missing a few frames, but if you look closely it looks like Jan's ankle did turn awkwardly, but he was able to skip away without putting too much pressure on it.

that's a pretty nasty tackle if executed right - to intentional exert a sideway force just when the ankle is going to hit the ground at full force - often causing the ankle to roll under the full weight of the player going at full speed.

Only the ref (and maybe Adam if he explained) will know, but I think the first yellow was for an accumulation of yellow-worthy tackles. Hadn't the ref spoken to Adam about 5 mins before after another tackle? I'm sure it was him.

Quite possibly. If you look at the free kick incident that Stoke scored from as well, Dempsey first makes the tackle on Shotton who comes from the blindside and then Adam comes in to steam Dempsey, realises that Dempsey isn't quite going to have possession and then proceeds to dangle his foot in towards Dempsey and throw himself over. He is an absolute taco of the highest order. A couple of good free kicks scored has made his career and I can't really work out why.

Official -Verts

Tottenham's Jan Vertonghen out for up to three weeks

Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen could be a doubt for the start of the season after being ruled out for up to three weeks with ankle ligament trouble.

The 26-year-old Belgian was carried off in the Asia Trophy defeat against Sunderland in Hong Kong on Wednesday.

"He's going to be most likely out of training for two to three weeks," Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas said. "Hopefully we can have him back sooner."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23461976

Not too bad, three weeks means he's back about the start of the season. If we're not fine without him against Crystal Palace then we would have bigger things to worry about.

Hopefully he'll be ready for Arsenal.

Last edited:
Not too bad, three weeks means he's back about the start of the season. If we're not fine without him against Crystal Palace then we would have bigger things to worry about.

Hopefully he'll be ready for Arsenal.

This, needs to come back for some minutes against palace then play the majority against Swansea to make sure he's match fit to play the scum.

Problem with getting injured in pre season rather than in season he will lose alot of fitness and get very behind he might be out longer than palace due to catching up

Problem with getting injured in pre season rather than in season he will lose alot of fitness and get very behind he might be out longer than palace due to catching up

SuperJan will cope

t6Gmi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is he probably wont play for the 1st team until the Norwich game. Just cant see him being 100% up-to-speed in time for the NLD

unfortunate but if there's one to miss out on preseason, it would be verts. he'll just fit right in just like when he first joined without missing a beat.

btw there's the other older Verts thread that had alot of his history and goals etc. what's happened to that?

We always have atleast 1 key player out through inury every season. Last season it was King and Kaboul and now Vertonghen is already injured. Just hope Vertonghen won't miss many matches next season as we don't have many reliable defenders. Even with Kaboul returning, I still feel we need to sign atleast 1 more experienced defender.

We always have atleast 1 key player out through inury every season. Last season it was King and Kaboul and now Vertonghen is already injured. Just hope Vertonghen won't miss many matches next season as we don't have many reliable defenders. Even with Kaboul returning, I still feel we need to sign atleast 1 more experienced defender.

don't think you want to put verts injury in the same class as Kaboul's, and I certainly hope that Kaboul's is not in the same class as King (Chronic). We have 4 pretty good central defenders now - verts, kaboul, caulker and dawson. that should be enough depth unless Kaboul's injury is as bad as King's.

unfortunate but if there's one to miss out on preseason, it would be verts. he'll just fit right in just like when he first joined without missing a beat.

btw there's the other older Verts thread that had alot of his history and goals etc. what's happened to that?

I could not be arsed to find it.

Not sure if I've missed it somewhere but is there any news on Kaboul's return? Will he be fit for the start of the season?

Not sure if I've missed it somewhere but is there any news on Kaboul's return? Will he be fit for the start of the season?

I think he's in training (correct me if I'm wrong...) but they are just taking extra care getting him back up to fitness.

Back