• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Jan Vertonghen official

did someone say Phil Jones ?

570_Manchester-United-s-Phil-Jones-on-comebacks-of-himself-Tom-Cleverley-and-Ashley-Young-4727.jpg

1348936676382.gif

[video=youtube;e9vrfEoc8_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g[/video]

If we could turn it into a slow rendition like our 'oh when the spurs' I think that would be super (yes the pun was intended).

Who plays a trumpet? Would be a corker!

H Redknapp on the top 6 signings of the summer....SuperJan is one of them

JAN VERTONGHEN (Spurs)

HE’S a hell of a player — one of the growing number of Belgians who are tearing up the Premier League.

Vertonghen is someone who is right up there with the best.

To be honest he was on our radar for a long time when I was manager at Spurs and the deal was pretty much done by the end of the season. In fact he was in the crowd to watch our final Premier League game of the season against Fulham.

He can play as a left-sided centre-back or at left-back and he stands out in either position. Plus he is capable of chipping in a few goals, which is priceless for a defender.

He got his first for Spurs at Carlisle in midweek, and it won’t be the last.

One of the things which has really impressed me about Vertonghen is his mentality — he is such a strong character. He’s an established international and is already proving that he’ll have no trouble adapting to the English game. Even if he had cost £12m, he would be a real steal.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz27umBBGUm

Reckon he would be capable of filling in as a DM if the occasion ever called for it, seems to have all the qualities to do so. Still reckon CB is his best position though, although i imagine that position does restrict him moving forward as often as he would like.

Verts has a much better scoring record... He could be equal with Benny already on his Spurs return after just a few games in fact. He really has brought a lot to this squad already.

Vertonghen oh oh
Vertonghen oohoh oohoh
He flew from Amsterdam
To play for the Tottingham

I like it

It's Jan Vertonghen
And if it's quite alright
It's Jan Vertonghen
Trust in me when I saaaaaay.
It's Jan Vertonghen....

Jan, Jan, Jan, Jan Vertonghen,
He's a massive Yido,
And don't forget that he's from Belgium

*tune of Sven Sven Sven*

Verts has a much better scoring record... He could be equal with Benny already on his Spurs return after just a few games in fact. He really has brought a lot to this squad already.

Vertonghen oh oh
Vertonghen oohoh oohoh
He flew from Amsterdam
To play for the Tottingham

This got a number of airings on Saturday and I like it. The only problem with the "Super, super Jan" version is what do we do when a certain S Parker Esq. returns to the team?

Has King's shirt number been retired?
Or is it available for Verts? We could like have it as a club tradition like how other clubs cherish their no. 7 shirt.

Jan Vertonghen (and Gareth Bale) both make Garth Crooks' Team of the Week.

LEFT-BACK - JAN VERTONGHEN, TOTTENHAM

The Dutch defender was bought as a centre-half but played at left-back at Old Trafford and looked sensational.

I can't remember when I last saw a defender beat three players before steering the ball past the keeper.

It's always useful to have a centre-back who can play well in other positions.

At a reported £10m, he looks great value for money.

Did you know?

Vertonghen made more passes than any other player in the Dutch top flight last season - 2,419 - while maintaining a 90% success rate.

Jan Vertonghen (and Gareth Bale) both make Garth Crooks' Team of the Week.

LEFT-BACK - JAN VERTONGHEN, TOTTENHAM

The Dutch defender was bought as a centre-half but played at left-back at Old Trafford and looked sensational.

I can't remember when I last saw a defender beat three players before steering the ball past the keeper.

It's always useful to have a centre-back who can play well in other positions.

At a reported £10m, he looks great value for money.

Did you know?

Vertonghen made more passes than any other player in the Dutch top flight last season - 2,419 - while maintaining a 90% success rate.

:lol: when will they learn

[video=youtube;e9vrfEoc8_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9vrfEoc8_g[/video]

If we could turn it into a slow rendition like our 'oh when the spurs' I think that would be super (yes the pun was intended).

That's the good stuff right there!

Super Jan, Ver-tong-hen
Super Jan, VERTONGHEEEN!!

My first post in this thread.. my opinion on Vertonghen is just love! Classy player and seems to have genuinley taken to the club and its fans. Needed a player who's able to step up and dominate seeing as we no longer have Ledley to do so.

lol,

probably quite an obscure reference - that's Ludacris the rapper

Oh....shows how out of touch with hip-hop i am these days (or just my age).

Anyway, were did that pic come from?

Or should the question be is Ludacris a Spurs fan??

Back