• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Yeah he would appear to have the right skill set, except maybe on the mobility front. He is not that fast really but I think I would trust him to do a similar job to Dier for the most part.

You are right about his pace, however the first yard is in the head and Jan has the ability to see things. One of the best defenders I have seen was Bobby Moore and he was really slow in pace but his reading of the game was immense.

Maybe Verts could cover as DM.
Did he play there before?

was just thinking this reading through the discussion - could come in handy if Dier needs a rest

Didn't Wenger have his eye on Verts as a DM, and one of the reasons he signed for Spurs was that we'd promised him a berth at CB?

supposedly that was the case - however id expect any player of ours to be willing to pitch-in in another position if asked to do so though

Some of the Alderweireld's passes yesterday were very good. I distinctly remember a looping over-the-defense pass to Walker he made with his left foot. I think that Alder will play better at DM than Vert. However, I think that Alder is more needed at CB. Long winded way to say that Vert could be a Dier stand-in.

Apparently Alderweireld has played in a DM positions before I think we will sign another DM in the summer in any case. Also Ozzie was reporting today that Verts signed a new contract, fantastic if correct!

Apparently Alderweireld has played in a DM positions before I think we will sign another DM in the summer in any case. Also Ozzie was reporting today that Verts signed a new contract, fantastic if correct!
I have quite a strong feeling we'll sign Axel Witsel. Yet another Dutch man. And I'd be happy about that!

Back