• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

our first "major" injury of the season - and we're in 2016, our medical staff have improved from previous years
Impact injuries like Verts' and like Mason getting clobbered by the Sunderland keeper (remember that?) are not to do with the medical staff.

But yes, our record for general strain injuries to muscles and ligaments has been excellent so far, touch wood, no jinxies, long may it last

our first "major" injury of the season - and we're in 2016, our medical staff have improved from previous years

No doubt the club is doing great work on physical fitness and injury prevention. Bentaleb, Mason and Chadli injuries would have been seen as major is not for our very strong squad and other players stepping up in quality from last season though.

I know Dier played CB last season, but his performance as a defensive midfielder this year has been nothing short of brilliant. Shifting him back into defence has the potential to significantly weaken our midfield (IMO) and by extension our defensive record. Bentaleb, Mason and Dembele all have qualities that make them good central players, but none of them are the kind of shielding players that Dier has been so far. How we deal with Vertonghen's absence could be a pivotal part of the rest of our season; but whatever we do, Dier needs to stay where he is.

I agree with you over this, our CM last year with Mason and Bentaleb was wide open and neither of those two are a good enough replacement if we have to move Dier back to CH. Dembele may be the one who could but to be honest I think that would be taking away his threat further forward.

There were a few tenuous links with Bartra. Can't say I know a whole lot about him.

Fazio was fine as a 4th choice CB. He wasn't brilliant but decent enough in a pinch. From the outside it appears that he has been cut loose, so that would imply some bridge burning has been happening out of the public eye. So be it, but if he's effectively gone from the club we do need to replace him. We're not looking for someone to oust the dutch boys, just someone in and around the level of Fazio (maybe a little bit faster).

Moving Dier back would be a mistake IMO.

Without a doubt.

Anyone heard anything about his knee injury?

Must have been operated on by now, assume it would arthroscopic which means he could begin rehabilitation a week or two after surgery.

Heard that the diagnosis is worse. Possible he might not play again this season but that was from one of the UK papers.

He is only paid 40k pounds a week? No wonder his head was turned. That is cheap for a defender his level.

We are quite cheap when it comes to wages, if you can believe the papers and what they say we paying him that is. Players like Kane, Alderweireld and Lloris should be on 100k a week or somewhere close to it.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/first-team/players/jan-vertonghen-on-his-rehab-so-far-180216/

"They (the medical team) always give you a timeframe to come back and the target of the injured player coming back is always to beat that time," he explained. "I’m out of the brace now and I can walk again so I improve every day. It’s hard work and it will take time.

"I’m aiming to be back around the international break and I want to be part of the team and help however I can.

"The lads support me a lot – they come and see me every day as well as the staff. I know I’m around the best people. The lads and the gaffer do everything to give me the feeling that I’m part of this team all the time."

Back