• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

He actually did multiple times, 10 years in fact.

His fragility and a stupid training program didn't help, but he only had two (out of eight) really bad injury seasons
For Spurs Erik Lamela made 177 PL appearances over 8 seasons. So 22 PL games per season average. In only two seasons did he play over 30 PL games. 2014/15 and 15/16. If all games are considered then Lamela made 257 appearances for Spurs - an average of 32 appearances per season.

Maddison has played 5 seasons at Leicester City. He has played 163 PL games in those 5 seasons. An average of 33 PL gales per season. He has played 30 or more PL games in every one of those 5 seasons. Total games for Leicester over those 5 years is 203. An average of 41 games per season.

Anyone who claims that Maddison is 'injury prone' is simply making it up.
Anyone who claims that Lamela was less 'injury prone' than Maddison is also simply making it up.

@parklane1 - there are some stats for you (I know you love those! ;) )

I never said he was excessively injury prone. I said it was a concern the type of injuries he is starting to pick up - i.e. more fundamental ones, rather than typical muscular or impact ones. And that particularly hip problems are a red flag, because we saw how long they effected Lamela for.

For Spurs Erik Lamela made 177 PL appearances over 8 seasons. So 22 PL games per season average. In only two seasons did he play over 30 PL games. 2014/15 and 15/16. If all games are considered then Lamela made 257 appearances for Spurs - an average of 32 appearances per season.

Maddison has played 5 seasons at Leicester City. He has played 163 PL games in those 5 seasons. An average of 33 PL gales per season. He has played 30 or more PL games in every one of those 5 seasons. Total games for Leicester over those 5 years is 203. An average of 41 games per season.

Anyone who claims that Lamela was less 'injury prone' than Maddison is also simply making it up.

Nothing wrong with those type of stats, its when some start using XG and the likes to TRY and make a point is when it gets silly. :)

I never said he was excessively injury prone. I said it was a concern the type of injuries he is starting to pick up - i.e. more fundamental ones, rather than typical muscular or impact ones. And that particularly hip problems are a red flag, because we saw how long they effected Lamela for.
His hip injuries were 2+ years ago, but I'm sure you'll blame his recent knee injury on his previous hip injuries.

My response was to a comment that Lamela never played 30 games in a season, which as I pointed out he actually did 10 times (you tweaked it to PL, but games are games)

I made no comment re Maddison's injury record, actually no opinion there

My response was to a comment that Lamela never played 30 games in a season, which as I pointed out he actually did 10 times (you tweaked it to PL, but games are games)

I made no comment re Maddison's injury record, actually no opinion there
Sorry if I touched a nerve treacle ;)

To be fair I probably didn't need to reply to your post and could've just made a general statement instead; that on average per season Maddison has played a significant number of games more for Leicester than Lamela did for Spurs.

Back