• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jackson Martinez

The Sheik's money is not City's money, the russians money is not chelsea's, psg/monaco/malaga etc is not their money either.

not directed at you here but just in general...this is the final time I say this, just because we dont spend 30m on a player doesnt mean we cant, fudging accept it.

Oh i agree Lewis could, but just that it wouldn't make financial sense for him to do so with money out of his pocket.

Likely we could do it without him as well, but it would reduce the amount we have available for other signings.

Edit: For future reference, when i say 'we' i am referring to Spurs, and not to Lewis.

Last edited:
Oh i agree Lewis could, but just that it wouldn't make financial sense for him to do so with money out of his pocket.

Likely we could do it without him as well, but it would reduce the amount we have available for other signings.

Edit: For future reference, when i say 'we' i am referring to Spurs, and not to Lewis.

Solid post. As long as there's no reason to think that Lewis will inject money into the club I don't think saying that "we could" based on the money he has is very useful. By that logic we could also spend £200m this summer without selling anyone.

I also think that we could spend that kind of money on a player, certainly €30m, not quite as sure about €40m. We'll be looking to keep Bale and we have several areas in need of improvement. I think Martinez would be too expensive, not because we couldn't pay that amount for him, but because we'll want to sign other players too.

[video=youtube;RMYCpNypxaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RMYCpNypxaI[/video]

Seems very similar to Ade (good Ade, not bad Ade)?

100% disagree. Think it'll all be needed

I doubt that is the case as it would leave us with no money for new players unless we only raised players from sales. It would also mean we would only make substantial money if we sold key assets. I would have to disagree with your line of thinking

Solid post. As long as there's no reason to think that Lewis will inject money into the club I don't think saying that "we could" based on the money he has is very useful. By that logic we could also spend £200m this summer without selling anyone.

I also think that we could spend that kind of money on a player, certainly €30m, not quite as sure about €40m. We'll be looking to keep Bale and we have several areas in need of improvement. I think Martinez would be too expensive, not because we couldn't pay that amount for him, but because we'll want to sign other players too.

Levy & Lewis aren't afraid of bidding 30 million euros when there is a broken fax machine around....

Levy & Lewis aren't afraid of bidding 30 million euros when there is a broken fax machine around....

Er, the broken fax machine was Van der Vaart..

Moutinho was 'errors in the paperwork'..

Last edited:
One thing I never understand is Joe Lewis's name getting dragged up.

He is a shareholder of ENIC who own the majority I shares in THFC

He has never had any obvious input in anything to do with the club yet people assume he is not putting his money in anywhere which I think is true yet expect him too?

Where does the logic of Joe Lewis getting financially involved in the club come from?

I own shares in a few companies he I don't put more money in when the compan wants to invest. I expec I to be self funding however to the benefit of my investment. That's pretty normal from what I know.

He has never had any obvious input in anything to do with the club yet people assume he is not putting his money in anywhere which I think is true yet expect him too?

Where does the logic of Joe Lewis getting financially involved in the club come from?

I own shares in a few companies he I don't put more money in when the compan wants to invest. I expec I to be self funding however to the benefit of my investment. That's pretty normal from what I know.

Some people have a hard time coping without instant success and gratification I suppose.

Joe Lewis doesn't use his own money to bank-roll Spurs. Not SHOULD he. It's his money, he can do with it as he wants.

However, he has a massive say in how the club is run. Levy reports to him. He ratifies all of the deals. He is heavily involved. Not day-to-day, but the club's strategy is set by him.

We could. I think you should change your name to brainfart, you are having a hard time grasping this.

No one has said Lewis is getting financially involved.

Joe Lewis doesn't use his own money to bank-roll Spurs. Not SHOULD he. It's his money, he can do with it as he wants.

However, he has a massive say in how the club is run. Levy reports to him. He ratifies all of the deals. He is heavily involved. Not day-to-day, but the club's strategy is set by him.

Levy doesn't report to anyone. He is a shareholder of ENIC along with Lewis via the Tavistock Group however he is the head of ENIC not Lewis. People are assuming a lot of things as Lewis's name get s brought up due o his wealth. The guy has no track record of any involvement at Spurs, is not a director of the club and directly has no ownership of the club. A company he is a part owner and founder is a part owner of the company that owns Spurs. That's it. levy is day to day Tottenham and its his club ultimately

Levy doesn't report to anyone. He is a shareholder of ENIC along with Lewis via the Tavistock Group however he is the head of ENIC not Lewis. People are assuming a lot of things as Lewis's name get s brought up due o his wealth. The guy has no track record of any involvement at Spurs, is not a director of the club and directly has no ownership of the club. A company he is a part owner and founder is a part owner of the company that owns Spurs. That's it. levy is day to day Tottenham and its his club ultimately

Hold on, Lewis owns Tavistock and Levy is a director there and just because Lewis doesnt have any direct involvement with the club he has no ownership ? LOL Lewis part owns Enic, which is an INVESTMENT company. I'm sure the penny will drop soon.

Lewis is the majority shareholder in ENIC, therefore he will usually be referred to as the owner as whenever votes occur, he will get whatever he wants.

ENIC own Spurs. That's a pretty direct ownership.

However you would be correct with Levy being day to day Tottenham. Lewis would have a lot more to do than just look after Spurs, likely only gets involved at the end of year summits.

That said there is no reason to expect him to just hand us money unless it's in his best interest. It's a bit 'handout culture' really.

They have done it before when it has benefitted them (Lewis and Levy) via share issues.

Last edited:

Exactly. Its daft how some posters expect him to bankroll the club

Hold on, Lewis owns Tavistock and Levy is a director there and just because Lewis doesnt have any direct involvement with the club he has no ownership ? LOL Lewis part owns Enic, which is an INVESTMENT company. I'm sure the penny will drop soon.

Lewis owns part of Tavistock he doesn't own the whole group anymore. Likewise he part owns ENIC who in turn part own THFC. Again parts of a jigsaw or a pie or whatever.

When has he ever had any official involvement at the club? Ever? I mean factually involved in the club rather than people associating him with the club due to the Tavistock group and The rumours around Harry's sacking.

He has some ownership. I've never said anything to the contrary but I won shares in 4 companies and I'm only involved in two. The othe two are run by the people who run them and I expect a return on my investment. I don expect to have to bankroll them due to the fact I am or may not have more money in the case of them needing more money. Business investment does not work like that.

I'd fully understand if he owned the club in a similar that Abramovich does or whoever the ultimate UAE guy is at City but he doesn't. He jus has stakes in two companies by default who invest in sports clubs.

Lewis owns part of Tavistock he doesn't own the whole group anymore. Likewise he part owns ENIC who in turn part own THFC. Again parts of a jigsaw or a pie or whatever.

When has he ever had any official involvement at the club? Ever? I mean factually involved in the club rather than people associating him with the club due to the Tavistock group and The rumours around Harry's sacking.

He has some ownership. I've never said anything to the contrary but I won shares in 4 companies and I'm only involved in two. The othe two are run by the people who run them and I expect a return on my investment. I don expect to have to bankroll them due to the fact I am or may not have more money in the case of them needing more money. Business investment does not work like that.

I'd fully understand if he owned the club in a similar that Abramovich does or whoever the ultimate UAE guy is at City but he doesn't. He jus has stakes in two companies by default who invest in sports clubs.

Lewis owns 70% of ENIC. Levy owns 30% of ENIC. That makes Levy Lewis' bitch.

ENIC owns 85% of spurs, a special majority. Which means they can do anything within reason. Think unanimous is required for liquidation, transfer of property to members, and luxury changes.

Your shares are pretty irrelevant, unless of course you have a majority (50% normal, 75% special) within those companies. It is a completely different ball game.

Lewis owns 70% of ENIC. Levy owns 30% of ENIC. That makes Levy Lewis' bitch.

ENIC owns 85% of spurs, a special majority. Which means they can do anything within reason. Think unanimous is required for liquidation, transfer of property to members, and luxury changes.

Your shares are pretty irrelevant, unless of course you have a majority (50% normal, 75% special) within those companies. It is a completely different ball game.

How we go completely off topic....

Where did you get the ENIC percentages from out of interest?

I know the RNIC stake in Tottenham as that's been declared a few times

I'm unconvinced that we will go and spend 30 million on a player that has had a good season that has brought him to the attention of all. Benteke and Martinez will therefore be ruled out. I think that we will sign a more experienced striker, who has had a few good years at the top but for some reason isn't amongst the team's top choices for the season ahead. I'm almost surprised that we weren't mentioned more trying to sign Mario Gomez as he is one of those who would have fitted the bill more appropriately, I would have thought.

I think alongside that we will be making enquiries about the likes of; Nicolas Castillo and Ignacio Scocco (partly because he is more of a right forward and so potentially fits within the AVB system). I think we want players who are slightly off the radar but who we can turn in to diamonds, or allow the diamond that they are to shine. AVB has history of it and this strategy will enable us to purchase a player at a lower price and have the chance to sell the player at a higher value, should he succeed and we realise that we want to make the profit that is available.

Much as we would like to keep Bale and others at the club, we can't adopt the same slap dash, splash cash, approach that appears to be employed by the likes of Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea and so will need to be more canny about where we invest our cash.

Of course, all that is my opinion, rather than necessarily fact and I could be proved spectacularly wrong.

Back