• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Grey Fox:

My man is going to the Caribbean for a couple of weeks so this will be my last itk for a few weeks ;)

To quote "Hugo will be playing for the away team on the 8th"

Bentaleb certain to sign contract, Trippier tick, apparently we have offered Southampton the asking price for MS so up to him now!

Club confident of getting our targets and the scouting team are at the under 21s in force.

Jasper on SO on The Blame game (Re recent signings)

ENIC to blame. Baldini as some may know was put in a very awkward political situation to keep fans happy. Bale sale they knew the reaction it would have, and Baldini was handed that task which did not follow the normal course of scouting and signing players as they were use to. Barnett the agent of Bale was very instrumental in 2-3 signings we got in couple seasons prior and was very pally with DL. This was discovered allegedly after the events. Believe it was Baldini who suggested Poch and new setup.

Jasper on SO re Schneiderlin (The first bit is about Alex Song)

Too many off field issues. We WILL soon know with MS. Club backed manager here.

And on being asked if their was any truth in @Grey Fox 's info

Yes

edmonton:
I don't usually post player stuff as it changes so quickly but the bit from Grey Fox about Hugo not being sold is true.

jasper on MS: I am confident but you never know what can happen, as we found with William amongst others who we thought we had in the bag.

Well, it's certainly what we want to hear.

we are not going to pay what Southampton want for Schniederlin. Forget it

we are not going to pay what Southampton want for Schniederlin. Forget it

I think we might. The emergence of Bentaleb and Mason for free means we can cash in on all of Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho (and Stambouli) and not take a hit on our assets or be left short of players.

But as he explicitly ruled out coming to a non-CL team - that seemed to be deliberately aimed at us (what other non-CL teams could afford him?) - I don't think he'll come to us

I think we might. The emergence of Bentaleb and Mason for free means we can cash in on all of Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho (and Stambouli) and not take a hit on our assets or be left short of players.

But as he explicitly ruled out coming to a non-CL team - that seemed to be deliberately aimed at us (what other non-CL teams could afford him?) - I don't think he'll come to us

not a chance. Its all about cheap buys now

Not sure I get the whole thing about MS. I'm not crying Emperor's Clothes (or lack thereof), but I am yet to be convinced that he is the nailed on answer/must have that many others do.

In short, I wouldn't be distraught were it not to come to pass.

From what I have seen of him he is far more positionally aware than either Mason or Bentaleb. I think Schneiderlin would generally play as the deeper midfielder and Bentaleb would then push on with Mason moving to the bench. Mason could then even play in the central attacking midfield role with Eriksen moving left (would be good in our tough away games). Schneiderlin coming in would also allow better rotation/substitution giving us three strong options for the two central midfield roles.

That's good news regarding Hugo. I don't usually go on ITK, but I know that Edmonton is a good source. Like he says, he never usually posts player ITK - he doesn't crave the attention. So for him to come out and say this is VERY positive IMO...

Indeed Edmonton seems to be reliable.

So if the going rate for MS is £25m then I doubt we are in for him, Levy himself said we are going back to the old style and will look at younger players in the £10-£15m category which worked before or experienced older players to help develop the younger squad members. MS doesn't fall into either category.

Not for me thanks, his behaviour last summer put me right off him
Are you talking about Schneiderlin?.... I thought he behaved pretty well really. He was open that he wanted a move (and who could blame him with Southampton losing their manager and almost half of their first team) but throughout the whole process while Southampton were refusing to sell him he remained professional, continued training, played in their pre-season games and he then played a full season operating at his best and giving his all.

Cabeye's legs/motivation have gone. I don't think he'd be able to get back up to EPL level again now. He's nowhere near the level he was

I would be surprised if his legs have gone at 29. The motivational issues could just be due to knowing he doesn't have a future as a first choice player at PSG.

I would still be against signing Cabaye, but that is simply due the package it would take to get him probably not being the best use of our funds considering the player is 29.

GB - you've gotta luv him! Good for hours of entertainment. Bless his little cotton socks.

Keep it coming GB, don't let the B'stards grind you down.

Amazing he wants Lavezzi who has done nothing for a long time yet Cabeye is over the hill despite being younger and is also proven in this league.

Back