• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Yeah just get him in, don't worry that the player might not want to come or wants to see if United or Arsenal want him, just buy him - that's that settled, who else shall we just go and buy?
Well, in fairness the poster did acknowledge that our "first choice" might not be willing to join us immediately... so we should just instantly switch to a lower priority target if they try to delay the process. At least that way we will do our business early (even if it does mean we end up with our third or fourth choices in every position). Not exactly "supporting the manager" though, is it?

Yeah just get him in, don't worry that the player might not want to come or wants to see if United or Arsenal want him, just buy him - that's that settled, who else shall we just go and buy?

No lets just wait till all the decent players have been signed elsewhere and we end up with bargain bucket jobs in the last minutes of the window that no one else wants. Doesn't matter if they are our third or fourth choices. That sounds like a great strategy to me.

No lets just wait till all the decent players have been signed elsewhere and we end up with bargain bucket jobs in the last minutes of the window that no one else wants. Doesn't matter if they are our third or fourth choices. That sounds like a great strategy to me.

Poch did say he wanted us to act fast and get in players early.....

trix: This is not a case of if we fail to land MS we move on to our second choice and start from scratch. We have been talking to at least 4 clubs simultaneously regarding CM's. Milner, Nainggolan, kondogbia and Shelvey are not and never have been in the running.

i still think we are in for him. Kind of profile and attributes that suits the club and Poch

Yeah things aren't as easy or black and white as they are in your imagination mate

I never said they were easy or black and white. But I think we should have had two or three key target signings identified and go all out to sign them early. That is all. Liverpool seem to be able to do it without offering CL.

I never said they were easy or black and white. But I think we should have had two or three key target signings identified and go all out to sign them early. That is all. Liverpool seem to be able to do it without offering CL.

Liverpool are paying silly wages and silly fees imo. Arguably, we did that previously and we are arguably suffering for it now (in terms of struggling to move out some of our misfits)

You can't really say you don't think it's easy and then say all you want 'is for us to buy our primary targets early, that is all' - that's about as a complete a contradiction as you're likely to see!

We have our targets, primary secondary and probably beyond that - We're no doubt talking with the clubs and players involved, but if they're waiting to see what else is out there what can you do other than bide your time? I doubt we'd be hanging on for our primary targets if the player in question has ruled out a deal and if they did we'd ramp up our efforts for the targets next in line - that's just how it is, a juggling act - you don't want to miss out on Schneiderlin if United and Arsenal pull out but you don't want to spend all summer waiting for that to happen incase your next targets in line move on as well, it's kind of like buying a house and being in a chain, waiting for the catalyst which sets things on its way

You can always compare yourselves to sides doing what you want us to be doing if you want to put a negative slant on things - Liverpool are about to sell Sterling for north of 50m, last time we sold a player for a similar amount we were quick off the mark in the transfer window also, silly comparrison really

This is what Poch had to say just before the end of last season...........so the targets were defined well in advance at least

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has already identified the players he wants to bring in over the summer.

The north London club have struggled for consistency in the Argentinian's maiden campaign at the helm and a busy off-season at White Hart Lane is expected - with high-profile outgoings also on the cards.

"We have worked very hard in the last six months to identify our targets, to have a clear idea and picture, we analyse and assess all the situations to deliver in the summer," said Pochettino.

"You know you do not have much time to decide, the holidays are coming and we need to be ready to take the decisions.

"We have three games left and when we have finished the season, then in this moment we can explain our plan. We have a plan and we have a target, but the most important thing is we have to deliver and move forward."

And Pochettino admitted he will have to be “clever” to build his “new squad”.

“We need to look forward and learn from our past, but I was not here,” the Argentine said.

“You ask me about two seasons ago that maybe the manager had a lot of money to spend like (Ronald) Koeman at Southampton and maybe (Louis) Van Gaal atManchester United. Are you asking me if I have the same possibility? No.

“We need to learn and look forward. We need to learn. We have a different plan to develop over the next few years and we need to deliver it.

"We need to be clever in the way that we build the new squad because it is difficult to compete with the money – that’s true – so we need to be clever. We want good players, with the right profile.”

Pochettino warned not even players he signed last summer will be safe from his planned cull.

“Always you need to analyse the last season and nobody is sure to stay at the club,” he added.

“You need to be professional when you take a decision. My first speech with the players is one thing is the human side, the other the professional side. I am very cold on my professional side when I need to take a decision.”

This is what Poch had to say just before the end of last season...........so the targets were defined well in advance at least

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has already identified the players he wants to bring in over the summer.

The north London club have struggled for consistency in the Argentinian's maiden campaign at the helm and a busy off-season at White Hart Lane is expected - with high-profile outgoings also on the cards.

"We have worked very hard in the last six months to identify our targets, to have a clear idea and picture, we analyse and assess all the situations to deliver in the summer," said Pochettino.

"You know you do not have much time to decide, the holidays are coming and we need to be ready to take the decisions.

"We have three games left and when we have finished the season, then in this moment we can explain our plan. We have a plan and we have a target, but the most important thing is we have to deliver and move forward."

And Pochettino admitted he will have to be “clever” to build his “new squad”.

“We need to look forward and learn from our past, but I was not here,” the Argentine said.

“You ask me about two seasons ago that maybe the manager had a lot of money to spend like (Ronald) Koeman at Southampton and maybe (Louis) Van Gaal atManchester United. Are you asking me if I have the same possibility? No.

“We need to learn and look forward. We need to learn. We have a different plan to develop over the next few years and we need to deliver it.

"We need to be clever in the way that we build the new squad because it is difficult to compete with the money – that’s true – so we need to be clever. We want good players, with the right profile.”

Pochettino warned not even players he signed last summer will be safe from his planned cull.

“Always you need to analyse the last season and nobody is sure to stay at the club,” he added.

“You need to be professional when you take a decision. My first speech with the players is one thing is the human side, the other the professional side. I am very cold on my professional side when I need to take a decision.”

Silly to ask, but for reference Source?

I doubt we'd be hanging on for our primary targets if the player in question has ruled out a deal and if they did we'd ramp up our efforts for the targets next in line - that's just how it is, a juggling act - you don't want to miss out on Schneiderlin if United and Arsenal pull out but you don't want to spend all summer waiting for that to happen incase your next targets in line move on as well, it's kind of like buying a house and being in a chain, waiting for the catalyst which sets things on its way

Ha! I just wrote a response to this thread but my browser crashed and I lost it. No need to try and re-write it though, it basically said exactly the same thing as you did... up to and including using the phrase "juggling act". :)

Ha! I just wrote a response to this thread but my browser crashed and I lost it. No need to try and re-write it though, it basically said exactly the same thing as you did... up to and including using the phrase "juggling act". :)

Great minds...

;)

And we have already signed two players and if the information is correct Toby could be the third, so we are doing just that.

Back