• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Finaly some real itk:

M. Odegaard to Spurs in one year loan deal as part of a Spurs player to RM.

A youth player at Stromsgodset (a mate of Martin) told at the national match last friday RM had enquired if he fancy a year in London. Apperently RM are setting up a bid for a unnamed Spurs player.

He did not say Odegaards answer and did not know who the unnamed Spurs player are.

Take him on loan for a year? Happily.

But in exchange for a permanent deal for one of our players? F@ck off! I think they've screwed us over enough times in the past to realise we want nothing to do with them, cancelled the not so special relationship for a reason.

He's nowhere near ready for the PL. Would be a complete waste of time (unless Benitez has his eye on some of our deadwood) .

On a personal note it would be terrible due to nature of Norwegian media's sports coverage. We'd probably end up with nothing but bad publicity.

I thought Deila was working hard on bringing him to Celtic.

Makes no sense and is likely BS.
He's what, 17? Is he really ready enough for a team fighting for 4-6 in an elite Lge?
If so, then fine - but if so, then he is next Mess I and RM should be playing him against some of the utter brick in La Liga.

If, of course, the supposed Spurs sale is one that is going to happen anyway, then maybe getting him is just a bonus and he can be used in EL and Lge Cup to add yo numbers, so we can rest our squad more.

Makes no sense at all for either Spurs or Real Madrid. Real could play him in the 60 odd percent of league games over there that they have won before they even turn up, which is likely to be far more games than the player would get for Spurs.

Sounds like he's a spoiled brat isn't he? I'd rather not have him anywhere near our club if true.

I'd have thought it likelier that we get an established player on loan and sell a player rather than a young player. He should be playing in Spain and learning the language (if he doesn't know it) and the type of league.

Sounds like he's a spoiled brat isn't he? I'd rather not have him anywhere near our club if true.
If you are talking about Martin Ødegaard, you are FAR away from the truth.
He is a very humble boy who just love to play football.
We all have to remember he's just a kid, but with a brilliant talent to go with him.
I wouldn't want him to play in the PL now, he isnt ready physically to cope with this type of football.
A year in a mid table team in Spain or a top club in France would be perfect.

Norway has never seen a talent like this, and it should be interesting to see in the future how far he can go. If he can avoid serious injuries, my guess is that he actually could be a regular player in RM in 3-4 years time.

I'm only basing on what I've read/heard from articles and podcasts. Who knows could be more agent driven than player. Not saying it's true but if it is I'd rather not have him.

I'm only basing on what I've read/heard from articles and podcasts. Who knows could be more agent driven than player. Not saying it's true but if it is I'd rather not have him.

His agent isn't the type. He's a Norwegian ex-pro (Tore Pedersen of brief Wimbledon and BLackburn fame) and probably mates with his dad.

His dad has incidentally left his job as assistant manager for a top division side in Norway and is now a youth coach at Real Madrid.

He is a very humble boy who just love to play football.
We all have to remember he's just a kid, but with a brilliant talent to go with him.
I wouldn't want him to play in the PL now, he isnt ready physically to cope with this type of football.
A year in a mid table team in Spain or a top club in France would be perfect.

Norway has never seen a talent like this, and it should be interesting to see in the future how far he can go. If he can avoid serious injuries, my guess is that he actually could be a regular player in RM in 3-4 years time.

I do remember reading how he was refusing to play (train?) with the youth squad at RM and had a bust up with Zidane but media/red tops and all that jazz ya know....

As great as his talent is, he's far more impressive as a character and a human being. You'll struggle to find a more humble and down to earth guy than him, he's seriously one of the nicest guys there is.
The podcast discussions about him was uninformed and taken from a very imaginative spanish press, who made up stuff because Real Madrid Castilla was struggling with Ødegaard in the side and the issue that he's been forced upon the team by club leaders. It's nothing to do with Ødegaard though, it's not that he refuse to train with them. The fault lies with Real Madrid who has sold him a very little thought through package to land his signature. It was the club that convinced him that he should train with the first team to learn from Ronaldo and Modric under Ancelotti's guidance, while still getting regular game time with Zidane's Castilla side. So then the situation became a 16 year old kid that doesn't speak the language, on way more money than the other players at Castilla, not familiar with the team as his training is split between the Castilla and first team - thrown into games for a side that doesn't know him. Despite doing well as an individual the team suffered as they lost what they'd have of team play. Messed up situation, but not due to flaws in his character. Ødegaard hasnt shown any diva tendencies, never refused to train or play.

For the french speaking, Zidane speak some about Ødegaard in this recent interview

Back