• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

He's 20 and holding his own against the best players in the world like Schweisteiger. Players don't peak in most positions until about 28.

At 20 Roy Keane was playing for Cobh Ramblers, Vieria was in the French 4th division, and Scheiderlin was dreaming about getting a game in League 1
Entitled to your opinion and I hope he comes good .. And that you are right but not sure he will be like any of players u mentioned . Different sort of player and not my type that i want in middle of field

Entitled to your opinion and I hope he comes good .. And that you are right but not sure he will be like any of players u mentioned . Different sort of player and not my type that i want in middle of field
I take the opposite view here. I think that Bentaleb is probably quite a similar type of player to Vieira. I think his best position in the team is in the box to box role and if we had a player like (for instance) Carrick behind him then we would have a very good midfield two.

I take the opposite view here. I think that Bentaleb is probably quite a similar type of player to Vieira. I think his best position in the team is in the box to box role and if we had a player like (for instance) Carrick behind him then we would have a very good midfield two.

I agree with this.
I'm not sure how he is going to develop though - easily go either way

Saw enough to know that's huge reason why and bentaleb against United away where u want big players right on it and showing what they are all about is another .. Startvofvseason or not . Shockingly poor . Tidy player but never going to drive this team with any sort of leadership n hunger ..for me it's such a vital area of field . If we get right type of players in we stand half a chance

What?
Are you serious when you say this?
BTW, he had one bad game at Old Trafford; he isn't the first, he won't be the last. By my reckoning, Wayne Rooney's had a couple this season!

Hertyid on coys: Wanyama story is total rubbish but when has the Mirror ever been right about anything

ryantegan on SC: Just been speaking to someone who gets info. ;)

Anyways, this may go some way to explaining how the ITK with so much detail may be right. (re Illieremendi)

He says that a deal has been agreed as a late option for loan should we miss out on our top target AND Illieremendi doesnt agree anything else with a Champions League club.

Self explanatory I know, but suggests that Bender or Kramer still higher on the list of targets

Its a bit like if we are both single at 40 lets get together.
I would rate that type of transfer as doubtful though its entirely possible that we haven't got a dm sorted out by then.
Don't think we would want to pay what scbc want for Wanyama but we do like a good enquiry.

I would imagine that Modric and Bale would both put in a good word for us with Illieremendi.

And say what? Mate we just left that pile of brick club where they won't let you leave easily if you get your head turned. Won't win anything there...wouldn't touch with a bargepole. .. (obviously in welsh and croatian accents)

What?
Are you serious when you say this?
BTW, he had one bad game at Old Trafford; he isn't the first, he won't be the last. By my reckoning, Wayne Rooney's had a couple this season!
Wrong thread but yeah I'd be shocked if he gets anywhere what viera brought to arsenal or Keane to united . Total different type of players and what they brought to their teams was immense in such a vital position .. Yes he is young yes he will learn and probably develop but it's only a probably .. Way too many mistakes already giving away ball and cause of goals .. He can't even pass ball ten yards consistently yet and I know no one perfect but I rarely seen Keane or viera do stuff that put defence under pressure .. Anyway again different types of players learning process etc but my whole point was we need a more experienced better player in there instead of him if we want to succeed better . Plenty of Europa and lesser games for him to come in and play n learn

And say what? Mate we just left that pile of **** club where they won't let you leave easily if you get your head turned. Won't win anything there...wouldn't touch with a bargepole. .. (obviously in welsh and croatian accents)

Do you actually think that's the impression they'd give?

Trix on Remy and Austin being our deadline day panic buy options: Won't be either of those, regardless of what happens.

Trix on Remy and Austin being our deadline day panic buy options: Won't be either of those, regardless of what happens.
Chelsea wont sell Remy to us, that's for sure.
But I would take Austin as a "panic buy" if we wont get Berahino (or what other players Poch and Levy are trying to get).

Chel53a wont sell Remy to us, that's for sure.
But I would take Austin as a "panic buy" if we wont get Berahino (or what other players Poch and Levy are trying to get).

It was just him responding to someone saying that's who we would end up. Some of the ITKs have been pretty insistent that Austin is not on our radar at all.

Wrong thread but yeah I'd be shocked if he gets anywhere what viera brought to Ar5ena1 or Keane to united . Total different type of players and what they brought to their teams was immense in such a vital position .. Yes he is young yes he will learn and probably develop but it's only a probably .. Way too many mistakes already giving away ball and cause of goals .. He can't even pass ball ten yards consistently yet and I know no one perfect but I rarely seen Keane or viera do stuff that put defence under pressure .. Anyway again different types of players learning process etc but my whole point was we need a more experienced better player in there instead of him if we want to succeed better . Plenty of Europa and lesser games for him to come in and play n learn

At 19 he bossed Arsenals midfield, held his own against Chelsea and stood out in all 3 games and was a controlled and calming presence last year.

He was unreal for someone so young. Coquelin has started brick yet for some reason he is the bees knees still. Nabil has 1.5 poor games and he is not good enough. Last year convinced me that he has potential to be the best of ALL of our current young prospects - class act IMO

At 19 he bossed Arsenals midfield, held his own against Chel53a and stood out in all 3 games and was a controlled and calming presence last year.

He was unreal for someone so young. Coquelin has started **** yet for some reason he is the bees knees still. Nabil has 1.5 poor games and he is not good enough. Last year convinced me that he has potential to be the best of ALL of our current young prospects - class act IMO
I dont see it and felt out win against arsenal last year was more a collective thing than midfield dominance .. If we dominated so so so much why we only get a winner five mins from time . We don't agree . He is good player but for me not a player to make our team great nor is he a player who puts fear into opposition .. IMO also we played well against Chelsea last season at home but let's be honest here we cud have very nearly been two or three down in that game .. Fine margins .. In cup final where was he ? Maybe bit harsh but again I'll state centre midfield for me is most vital area of pitch .. U get this right and everything else usually falls into place .. our midfield is wrong , doesn't score enough , doesn't create enough , doesn't lead enough and doesn't help out defence enough .. If u lack in one thing u make up in another .. Look at modric for example . He is Not a beast , not a bully but get the ball off him , make him lose ball , bully him .. Not a chance .. Not into comparing but Bentaleb has nothing that really shines out .. The likes of Keane n viera at his age has stamina strength power real hunger and desire a will to win and no bloody respect been brutally honest .. I don't see those qualities in centre midfield

I think, and prefer, Kouyate is more like Viera. Let them have Ade and we will take Kouyate.

I'm not convinced Bentaleb has the stand out qualities required to become a top class midfielder. Viera could carry the ball and had excellent stamina. Keane was hard as nails and a leader. Modric is perpetual motion, plays facing forward. Great midfielders have stand out attributes. Bentaleb is competent at a lot of things, but not outstanding. He is workmanlike, but no champion thoroughbred.

I dont see it and felt out win against Ar5ena1 last year was more a collective thing than midfield dominance .. If we dominated so so so much why we only get a winner five mins from time .
Wow. I'd say you're the only spurs fan who came away from that game with that view. The score line didn't reflect the performance at all, we dominated arsenal for at least 70mins apart from a 20 min spell in the second half where arsenal looked like they might get back into the game. Even the sky commentators who normally live to cream their pants about arsenal mentioned how little arsenal contributed and the few gooners I know all thought we were deserved victors on the day.

Re benteleb he is raw and has had some bad games but Imo he has shown plenty of potential to be confident that he will become a very good player. Hell even playing as an emergency left back he showed great skill, tenacity and game intelligence to give me a lot of faith in his future!

Wow. I'd say you're the only spurs fan who came away from that game with that view. The score line didn't reflect the performance at all, we dominated Ar5ena1 for at least 70mins apart from a 20 min spell in the second half where Ar5ena1 looked like they might get back into the game. Even the sky commentators who normally live to cream their pants about Ar5ena1 mentioned how little Ar5ena1 contributed and the few gooners I know all thought we were deserved victors on the day.

Re benteleb he is raw and has had some bad games but Imo he has shown plenty of potential to be confident that he will become a very good player. Hell even playing as an emergency left back he showed great skill, tenacity and game intelligence to give me a lot of faith in his future!
I never said we played bad against arsenal . What good is dominating a game if u dont win a game and make and create chances to win it . Eventually it took unreal good from kane from nothing really . A cross and absolute brilliant header .. That day we won and deserved but listen I want a consistent top player in middle of pitch for my team . All with attributes I said previous . Bentaleb not even close to any of these and IMO never will . A good young player who can get better but to the extent of been best In league , behave !! We were two nil up last weekend . Kane comes off n Bentaleb n lamela come on and what happens . Totally lose midfield control and concede two goals .ok one was silly pen but maybe they were totally doninant and should have won in end .. Not blaming subs but again I blame a midfield that Bentaleb in

Last edited:
Mate going back to the arsenal game you don't stop them without stopping their midfield, Bentaleb was a key component in this. Also yes Kane scored an absolute peach of header but it didn't come from nothing, it came from an absolute peach of a deep cross from Bentaleb!

I would like us to sign an experienced top class cm eg the Spanish guy from real Madrid, however you spell his name?!

But I am certain Bentaleb is the real deal!

Last edited:
Back