• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Would not surprise me in the slightest. Bargain basement buy, bank the rest
Actually sounds quite like a Poch/Mitchell signing.
Thinking about the players at SCBC, they were signed with weaknesses - I think of the likes of Pelle and Mane, great flop potential. But they are very effective at what they do - so a striker that is prepared to just "get on the end of something" would be ideal. Pelle is like that.
Of course we would actually have to create something

I'd take the player with lightning pace any day ...

nice work armchair .. appreciated the read .. seems like all make sense re risk/reward model
We've got two already in Lennon and Townsend, but neither deliver regularly. I agree we lack pace but the ability to make forward runs and keeping possession of the ball is what cost us on Saturday and most of last season. Kane is the only player we have who continually gets in the box and has the ability to hold the ball. Lamela, Chadli and Erikson lose the ball too often.

We've got two already in Lennon and Townsend, but neither deliver regularly. I agree we lack pace but the ability to make forward runs and keeping possession of the ball is what cost us on Saturday and most of last season. Kane is the only player we have who continually gets in the box and has the ability to hold the ball. Lamela, Chadli and Erikson lose the ball too often.

Whilst I agree with that statement about the Three behind Kane they all lose it for very different reasons. Eriksen normally loses it when he is waiting on a player to make an intelligent run or tries to thread a pass. Lamela usually loses it with a trick that fails, a poor pass or getting muscled off the ball. Chadli tends to lose it when he has no Out! as in he cant beat a man for pace or with skill. So he gets cornered.

I think this is a reason why Dembele is being used in the front three. So we have more quality at holding up the ball. Even if Njie comes in, punts it past the player to take them deep but then loses it. That will help. Townsend has the pace but comes inside way too much. The same with Lennon. We need a guy willing to take it down the line. Stretch them for width and pace. Even if he turns it back inside it will open up the space.

Whilst I agree with that statement about the Three behind Kane they all lose it for very different reasons. Eriksen normally loses it when he is waiting on a player to make an intelligent run or tries to thread a pass. Lamela usually loses it with a trick that fails, a poor pass or getting muscled off the ball. Chadli tends to lose it when he has no Out! as in he cant beat a man for pace or with skill. So he gets cornered.

I think this is a reason why Dembele is being used in the front three. So we have more quality at holding up the ball. Even if Njie comes in, punts it past the player to take them deep but then loses it. That will help. Townsend has the pace but comes inside way too much. The same with Lennon. We need a guy willing to take it down the line. Stretch them for width and pace. Even if he turns it back inside it will open up the space.
The thing is that I don't think Pochettino wants his players to take it down the line.... He wants his attacking midfield players to come inside, which should create space for the fullback on the overlap. We do currently seriously lack pace across our front four, but when gain that with N'Jie and Berahinho I don't think we'll suddenly see players going on the outside.

The thing is that I don't think Pochettino wants his players to take it down the line.... He wants his attacking midfield players to come inside, which should create space for the fullback on the overlap. We do currently seriously lack pace across our front four, but when gain that with N'Jie and Berahinho I don't think we'll suddenly see players going on the outside.
Yes I agree. I think in the main he wants the front three to come in and supplement the attack. But I am talking about as an out ball, its a way of turning the opposition in the transition when we win the ball back. If for example we are defending deep, and Kane is helping out and we pass it out to Chadli, Lamela or Eriksen in our own half. Its more than likely they will turn it straight back over and we are still defending deep.

Now if it goes to Berahino or NJie they can hit the space behind the opposition who are pushed up to squeeze us. It will turn them around, get them back defending and then open the space for the others and for the fullbacks to come up. Versus Stoke on Saturday they pushed right up as they knew we could not hurt them in behind. Its for this moment we need that pace down the line or in between the full back and Centre back. To push them back and get back on the front foot.

I agree with both of your points but apart from Chadli no one other than Kane seems to want to get in the box, so getting down the line is pointless if you've only got one man to pick out.

Indeed. John Barnes was talking about Sterling the other day and was saying how different they were from each other in style, because the modern game just doesn't require left and right midfielders to go wide anymore. It's not just Poch - wingers have become extinct across the world game over the last 15 years.

Hertyid on coys: Wanyama story is total rubbish but when has the Mirror ever been right about anything

ryantegan on SC: Just been speaking to someone who gets info. ;)

Anyways, this may go some way to explaining how the ITK with so much detail may be right. (re Illieremendi)

He says that a deal has been agreed as a late option for loan should we miss out on our top target AND Illieremendi doesnt agree anything else with a Champions League club.

Self explanatory I know, but suggests that Bender or Kramer still higher on the list of targets

Even though they came 1 position short last season, despite having an average age of 21.5?
Saw enough to know that's huge reason why and bentaleb against United away where u want big players right on it and showing what they are all about is another .. Startvofvseason or not . Shockingly poor . Tidy player but never going to drive this team with any sort of leadership n hunger ..for me it's such a vital area of field . If we get right type of players in we stand half a chance

Last edited:
Saw enough to know that's huge reason why and bentaleb against United away where u want big players right on it and showing what they are all about is another .. Startvofvseason or not . Shockingly poor . Tidy player but never going to drive this team with any sort of leadership n hunger ..

He's 20 and holding his own against the best players in the world like Schweisteiger. Players don't peak in most positions until about 28.

At 20 Roy Keane was playing for Cobh Ramblers, Vieria was in the French 4th division, and Scheiderlin was dreaming about getting a game in League 1

Saw enough to know that's huge reason why and bentaleb against United away where u want big players right on it and showing what they are all about is another .. Startvofvseason or not . Shockingly poor . Tidy player but never going to drive this team with any sort of leadership n hunger ..for me it's such a vital area of field . If we get right type of players in we stand half a chance
I think some of Bentaleb's performances last season (great examples are home to Arsenal and Chelsea) mean that he is worth getting more of a chance than the first game of this season before he is written off as not being good enough.

Hertyid on coys: Wanyama story is total rubbish but when has the Mirror ever been right about anything

ryantegan on SC: Just been speaking to someone who gets info. ;)

Anyways, this may go some way to explaining how the ITK with so much detail may be right. (re Illieremendi)

He says that a deal has been agreed as a late option for loan should we miss out on our top target AND Illieremendi doesnt agree anything else with a Champions League club.

Self explanatory I know, but suggests that Bender or Kramer still higher on the list of targets
I would imagine that Modric and Bale would both put in a good word for us with Illieremendi.

Back