• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Being opposed to a transfer is fine but to start venting at Mitchell/Poch/whoever when we don't even know the validity of the rumor is pretty illogical - may as well praise them for all the players we are linked to as well, if you want to be consistent

worryingly we are being linked with a lot of average players. Actually i think im coming round to Jimmyb's suggestion that we may be better off just sticking with the kids for a year or two rather than bring in any more players who are not going to improve us that much.

worryingly we are being linked with a lot of average players. Actually i think im coming round to Jimmyb's suggestion that we may be better off just sticking with the kids for a year or two rather than bring in any more players who are not going to improve us that much.

We're getting linked to all sorts of players, as always - cherry pick those which allow you to continue putting a negative spin on things by all means but don't expect not to get pulled up on it

We're getting linked to all sorts of players, as always - cherry pick those which allow you to continue putting a negative spin on things by all means but don't expect not to get pulled up on it

im not just cherry picking the potential bad signings. When we were linked with Martial I said that is the type of player we need to be going after, i said at the time it would be like signing Depay a year ago. Cabaye and Rabiot are worth pursuing and ive said this all along.

Being opposed to a transfer is fine but to start venting at Mitchell/Poch/whoever when we don't even know the validity of the rumor is pretty illogical - may as well praise them for all the players we are linked to as well, if you want to be consistent

Its very logical!

We all know Baldini & company on the THFC scouting Think Tank listen and look to see the opinions and reactions on Glory Glory by all of you football experts on here! cough..splutter lol.
not being sarcastic maybe some of us have a better eye for class players than
those working for the club?
besides it might be wise for those at the club to see the reaction from the fans before pen goes to paper.
anyway ...another signing of average type players from the club this season looks the usual
position.

I don't understand Daniel Levy's position of not signing in with a body, person or company that is going to move us to the next level...or even keep us abreast of the rest at the top of the Prem...
While the clubs below us continue to find more income and purchase better and in some cases more skillful players than we are.

We will find out this season. 2 points here! ;)

im not just cherry picking the potential bad signings. When we were linked with Martial I said that is the type of player we need to be going after, i said at the time it would be like signing Depay a year ago. Cabaye and Rabiot are worth pursuing and ive said this all along.

Apples and oranges again.

There's a world of difference between saying:

"this is not the type of player that we need to be going after"

and saying:

"dear me, James Mcarthy. For a club that has seen the likes of Hoddle, Gascoigne, Modric thrive in central midfield, we are now expected to put up with someone like James Mcarthy? fcuk the black box and its dumbass algorithms"

The former is a rational, if subjective, observation. The latter is a huge overreaction based upon a flimsy assumption.

This McCarthy discussion has nothing to do with itk any more so can I suggest that if people wish to continue with it that they take it to the General Transfer rumour thread?

Any chance of keeping this thread ITK? for fudge sake.

Post on SO: I see the Mail are linking us with James McCarthy again. Another possible plan B for MS? He cost about 13m for Everton and still has a few years left on his contract. I do like him, quite physical and more defensive minded. Would cost a few quid I guess.

Ari Gold's response: I think this is a potential link not to be dismissed.

Pochettino and Mitchell like him, as did everyone at the club before them.

Long term player we've looked at, even verified by Roger Morgan.

Could see this happening, but it'll be down to the player to make clear he wants to leave. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the defensive midfielder we end up with.

EDIT: He'd be far more than £13 million.

Post on SO: I see the Mail are linking us with James McCarthy again. Another possible plan B for MS? He cost about 13m for Everton and still has a few years left on his contract. I do like him, quite physical and more defensive minded. Would cost a few quid I guess.

Ari Gold's response: I think this is a potential link not to be dismissed.

Pochettino and Mitchell like him, as did everyone at the club before them.

Long term player we've looked at, even verified by Roger Morgan.

Could see this happening, but it'll be down to the player to make clear he wants to leave. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the defensive midfielder we end up with.

EDIT: He'd be far more than £13 million.

Yes.....but is there any new itk rather than merely reposting what was already posted in this thread yesterday morning?

;)

Yes.....but is there any new itk rather than merely reposting what was already posted in this thread yesterday morning?

;)

Egg Sack Lee

There is feck all in the know

The papers are linking us with McCarthy so they ITKs follow

I said on two striker thewad the other day we should look at the lad from anderlecht and low and behold the papers are reporting that now

In the days of Harry and sherwood there were leaks galore but none now that seem to be anywhere near accurate

;)

maybe he didnt see it

anyway, genuine ITK doesnt really exist. No-one has come forward with anything remotely original and interesting, most of it is a newsnow round up

Egg Sack Lee

There is feck all in the know

The papers are linking us with McCarthy so they ITKs follow

I said on two striker thewad the other day we should look at the lad from anderlecht and low and behold the papers are reporting that now

In the days of Harry and sherwood there were leaks galore but none now that seem to be anywhere near accurate

Now you know how/why " rent a quote" had so many mates in the press.

Roger Morgan says: Stambouli to Watford too

JJetset:
We wont shift Dembele unless we get an astronomically amazing offer come in for him. Which wont happen.

in response to Dembele being on Poch's brick list: He's not but has to put it about in training too ;)

he then said:
Alli plus 1 other

trix:
am told all areas the manager is concerned about will be addressed with players he is has already agreed he is happy with.

trix on mitrovic:
We have been watching him for ages. I certainly wouldn't rule this out

The Goat:
Two cabbages, one smaller than the other but from the same grocery

Roger Morgan says: Stambouli to Watford too

JJetset:
We wont shift Dembele unless we get an astronomically amazing offer come in for him. Which wont happen.

in response to Dembele being on Poch's crud list: He's not but has to put it about in training too ;)

he then said:
Alli plus 1 other

trix:
am told all areas the manager is concerned about will be addressed with players he is has already agreed he is happy with.

trix on mitrovic:
We have been watching him for ages. I certainly wouldn't rule this out

The Goat:
Two cabbages, one smaller than the other but from the same grocery

Any ideas on the goat one ?

Wtf is this? Is he talking about Bobby and Ade or what he's having for dinner tonight?

I wouldn't buy two cabbages if one as smaller... Unless it was discounted

I've heard some brick football analogies but cabbages....

To translate what the supposed ITK is saying I assume is two players from one team e.g Auderwield and Suarez maybe

Re: Mcarthy - after the likes of Paulinho who come here with the majority of us excited about how amazing he will be and he then proves us wrong, it might be refreshing to get someone in who people have low expectations of/think is brick who may then go on to also prove us wrong...

Tbh I haven't really taken a lot of notice of him at Everton this year, but for Wigan he was brilliant.

Re: Mcarthy - after the likes of Paulinho who come here with the majority of us excited about how amazing he will be and he then proves us wrong, it might be refreshing to get someone in who people have low expectations of/think is crud who may then go on to also prove us wrong...

Tbh I haven't really taken a lot of notice of him at Everton this year, but for Wigan he was brilliant.

Didn't take much to stand out at Wigan TBF.

Back