• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Pretty sure that was early 00s GG? (01-03 maybe?) Jimmy Kong wasn't it ha!

Diego, The Sock wasn't really ITK but I remember Unknown scouring the Brazilian press on a daily basis for updates on our pursuit.

Away from GG the whole "Blue and Yellow" thing was a fudging load of ol gubbins.

BEN sitting in a tree in Chigwell to get the starting 11 for the weekend.

The constant "something is happening, there's a PC being called to announce 3 signings tomorrow" crap that they seemed to spout in the mid 00s.
Ah the glory days of the ITKs!

Yes, Jimmy Kong, that was it! Was he even real?! Utterly hilarious it made it into the paper. I think the early 2000s were the start of the bots scanning the interweb for journos. Still not sure how it made it through - either a thick as brick journo, or one with an sense of humour.

Zakora ITK was great, someone met him on holiday or something like that after he'd signed but before we'd confirmed it and got him to hold up a massive Spurs flag for a picture.

It was during the World Cup in Germany in 06, he had signed but we were waiting for the WC to end before making the announcement.

Ha remembered the more recent “Soldado is on my RyanAir flight to Stansted” tweet that signalled that signing was imminent.

The wave of “Levy you cheap bastard” themed responses that followed were amusing… at the time.

Ha remembered the more recent “Soldado is on my RyanAir flight to Stansted” tweet that signalled that signing was imminent.

The wave of “Levy you cheap bastard” themed responses that followed were amusing… at the time.

Haters have to hate.

Since the story on Jobe Bellingham broke, the ITK has followed.

Hercules: Very true. Club seems super confident. Let’s see

Hotspur88: Yes just came to post there is 100% truth in this. He's someone we've been looking at for a while. He's very highly rated

Since the story on Jobe Bellingham broke, the ITK has followed.

Hercules: Very true. Club seems super confident. Let’s see

Hotspur88: Yes just came to post there is 100% truth in this. He's someone we've been looking at for a while. He's very highly rated

Haha tossers!

Side note.. Why the hell would he come to us at 17!? He doesn't even start for Birmingham and none of their fans think he's anything special, Just gets attention because of his name. Obviously 17 is still young so still time to develop but if I was a youth player there's no way I would join Spurs (Unless I was a Spurs fan), He could go to Germany or somewhere and actually start games and get a move to Premier League later.

Update from Trix:

Been told a certain Right wing back will be announced on Tuesday or Monday.

An older brother of a younger brother rings a bell ... can't say anything more otherwise other teams may swoop in for him.

Levy is playing it close to his chest, but has told my contact to expect a few new faces if some can get shifted.

Update from Trix:

Been told a certain Right wing back will be announced on Tuesday or Monday.

An older brother of a younger brother rings a bell ... can't say anything more otherwise other teams may swoop in for him.

Levy is playing it close to his chest, but has told my contact to expect a few new faces if some can get shifted.
We're signing Quasimodo's older brother it would seem.

Ok just going to do a little experiment. Now ally gold at the beginning of the window said the priorities were an attacker and rwb for this window. Gk and 2 cbs for the summer. Makes me suspect that we have at least 1 cb on a precontract agreement that will join next summer. Ndicka seems the likely suspect or bastoni. I might be wrong. But we'll see.

Now trix has said this today

But again, you say who is available right now? I'll counter that by saying Conte has gone through multiple windows now asking for a CB. So it's not who is available now, it's who could we have got in having 8 months of knowing this. So we couldn't get one in the Summer, fine. So use the next 6 months to make sure you get one. Why have we waited till deadline day again to find out we can't get one again?

The fact is, this is a recurring theme and has been for years.

Now i'll do my own prediction. We'll get a cb on a free in the summer. It will come out that we agreed much earlier. Trix will say he knew all about it but couldn't say anything to protect his sources.

We’ve got a good cb pool imo.

Why spend money bringing in someone no better than Sanchez or Lenglet, wait until we we can another as good as Dier and Romero at least.

We’ve got a good cb pool imo.

Why spend money bringing in someone no better than Sanchez or Lenglet, wait until we we can another as good as Dier and Romero at least.

Especially if the players you want don't want to move yet. Frankfurt still in the cl. Players might want you to put the money in their pockets rather than on a transfer fee.

If we're targetting top tier or close to top tier CBs then it makes sense to hold out until they are available. Considering that with all the positions that needed strengthening in the squad a lesser thought of CB at the expense of another position probably wouldn't have meant much improvement in the grand scheme of things.

That is dependent on us signing that level of CB in the summer mind, if we end up with 2 average buys then wondering why we didn't just do that sooner would be a valid opinion i guess.

Less players needed next season than in this and the last so hopefully the money available stretches to the level of player that can really kick us on.

Last edited:
Back