• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Pickford is a CBs nightmare. A jittery, panicky, gobbrick is the worst thing in the world for confidence and a cohesive defence unit. Calm organisers, even if they are technically inferior, make such a positive difference.
Would seem really, REALLY strange if Southgate (a very good centre back in his playing days) picked Pickford as his number 1 for England if that was the case.

Pickford would be a good long term replacement for Hugo.

Not to say we couldn’t get a great one of course.

Although I’m really not sure who that might be.

Pickford makes too many individual mistakes and odd decisions. That won't mesh well with our already error prone fidgety defence. We need someone comfortable with the ball but also someone who will give the defence confidence. Dier/Sanchez + Pickford would be very concerning, between them they will fudge up.

It's a no from me. Although I don't think there are many keepers that could make us all happy. I doubt we will find a modern keeper, comfortable playing out with his feet but is also anywhere close to peak Lloris' shot stopping.

Pickford makes too many individual mistakes and odd decisions. That won't mesh well with our already error prone fidgety defence. We need someone comfortable with the ball but also someone who will give the defence confidence. Dier/Sanchez + Pickford would be very concerning, between them they will fudge up.
The way we play with 3 CBs we just need a solid and reliable keeper who is good with his feet. We let the opponents have the ball a lot and we can forgive worldies, but not mistakes. We play from the back with 3 CBs close so must be a baller. Good distribution... Medium and long passes will give us options playing out from the back.

Genuinely interested in thoughts on Yassine Bounou @ Sevilla. I have not seen enough of him at club level, but I like what little I have seen there, and obviously his World Cup performances. He seems very, very commanding and appears to have a great temperament. For those who perhaps know him better than me, how is he with his distribution/comfort on the ball?

Genuinely interested in thoughts on Yassine Bounou @ Sevilla. I have not seen enough of him at club level, but I like what little I have seen there, and obviously his World Cup performances. He seems very, very commanding and appears to have a great temperament. For those who perhaps know him better than me, how is he with his distribution/comfort on the ball?

Seems like Yassine him only in the world cup like me.

The way we play with 3 CBs we just need a solid and reliable keeper who is good with his feet. We let the opponents have the ball a lot and we can forgive worldies, but not mistakes. We play from the back with 3 CBs close so must be a baller. Good distribution... Medium and long passes will give us options playing out from the back.
Like England play
Where Pickford has excelled

Update from Trix:

Been told a certain Right wing back will be announced on Tuesday or Monday.

An older brother of a younger brother rings a bell ... can't say anything more otherwise other teams may swoop in for him.

Levy is playing it close to his chest, but has told my contact to expect a few new faces if some can get shifted.

That really is quite something to behold

I heard experts in Spanish football saying that he wasn't that great, and had really stepped up for his nation, showing extreme pride etc.
Also he turns 32 at Easter.

Back