• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Rennie 100%

refs only make a name for themselves if they fudge up - therefore the best ones are the ones which you don't instantly recognize

Webb. Consistently been giving terrible decisions, not just against Spurs either. Ok mostly against us.

Foy is the single worst refereeing performance in one match I have ever seen, though, so deserves a dishonourable mention at least.

Voted for Chris Foy. I've spotted several Chris Foy threads on several fan sites and is not a popular man. Webb and clattenburg also feature strongly in being inept. None of them can match the unhealthy hatred i had for keith Hackett when I was a teenager, although now I can't remember what it was that started it!

As a Spurs fan it has to be Howard Webb, I seriously never ever see him have a decent game for us. There always seems to be big decisions that go against us when he's reffing and he's made some absolute howlers. What makes it even more baffling is that whenever I see him ref any other game he looks extremely competent most of the time....I can only assume he hate Spurs?!

I voted Webb because he is consistently terrible, and this is made even worse by a bizarre reputation he's built up as once of England's best.

Who was the ref who booked bricktu for Watford when it was his (similarly looking) CD partner who committed the foul? Or vice versa, I don't remember.

mrmagoofoy.jpg

Peter Walton. Never seen him do a decent performance. Over the age limit, yet they let him go on.

Rennie 100%

refs only make a name for themselves if they fudge up - therefore the best ones are the ones which you don't instantly recognize

coll-ina_1655159c.jpg

I voted Rennie. Can't think of any major incidents off the top of my head, but the worst refs aren't those who get the biggest calls wrong, it's those who get the most calls wrong, which he did.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7454319/FA-hit-back-at-Webb-criticism

This is the standout bit for me regarding lescott's smash to the face.

He added: "In the respect of Joleon Lescott and Peter Crouch, which are incidents that Sky Sports News have highlighted this week, the FA became aware of these, asked the respective match officials whether they had seen the incident.

"It was indicated by both match officials that they hadn't, so the subsequent question was then asked by the FA: 'Had you seen the incident what would you have done?'

"The indication from the match official was that they would have not dismissed the player for that particular incident. Where that happens, the FA then closes the case file and no further action occurs

Oh my good fudging giddy GHod. Had Webb seen that, he wouldnt have sent him off ??? Are you bricking me ?

Why can't referees ply their trade in any league they want? If players can move around why can't refs?

View attachment 92

I voted Rennie. Can't think of any major incidents off the top of my head, but the worst refs aren't those who get the biggest calls wrong, it's those who get the most calls wrong, which he did.
A shame that Collina never got to referee in the Premier League as he seemed to be top notch whenever I saw him in charge of a game.

Most of the Champions League referees also appear to be better than the dross that we have to contend with every week.

Unfortunately I go back far enough to remember the dreadful Clive Thomas :-(

I had to smile when I saw a quote of his recently saying that referees shouldn't court controversy, in his defence he used to add on time for time deliberately wasted, not many do that nowadays.

Back