• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

inverted wingers/wide players

I believe that AVB has spoken quite a lot in the past about forwards (and inside forwards, attacking midfielders, number tens, false nines, wingers, inverted wingers...) dropping deeper to draw out opponents.

yes and i think he is still figuring this part out.

i'd like to believe that he is building the team in stages and has done well strengthening the core of the team.

what's left is really the link up between midfield and attack - and its going to take some time because its a little bit more intricate with wingers, full backs bombing forwards, paulinho in a box to box role, and midfielders joining in the forays.

at this point i can see AVB trying to keep Paulinho a constant and trying various combinations around him- not sure what AVB sees but I don't think its working out. not yet at least.

yes and i think he is still figuring this part out.

i'd like to believe that he is building the team in stages and has done well strengthening the core of the team.

what's left is really the link up between midfield and attack - and its going to take some time because its a little bit more intricate with wingers, full backs bombing forwards, paulinho in a box to box role, and midfielders joining in the forays.

at this point i can see AVB trying to keep Paulinho a constant and trying various combinations around him- not sure what AVB sees but I don't think its working out. not yet at least.

I have butterflies in my stomach thinking about when it does click..

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk 4

Just wanted to re-kindle this one if i might..

No Premier League team is taking more shots per goal than Tottenham, but they are fourth and third bottom respectively for shots inside the six-yard and 18-yard boxes.

Valencia were averaging 2.4 offsides per game in 2011-13 as Soldado looked to sneak around the rear of the last man. Spurs are the lowest in this season's Premier League on 1.2.

With the quality of poachers we have around the six-yard box (Soldado, Defoe, Paulinho, Sigg, etc.) why aren't we using our wide players to get in behind and send in cut-backs and crosses inside the 18? It's what got 'Arry 4th (twice). The inverted winger's thing is tiring on me as our front men are getting s*** all for service. Maybe it will work once Lamela gets settled into the team cutting in from the right, but really he's the only one I can see with that type of ability as an inverted winger.

I think the Sunderland game showed us a good glimpse of playing Townsend wide left and Lennon wide right. If we fully commit to playing natural wingers I think we'd see Soldado, Paulinho, Eriksen, and Holtby all start getting into goal scoring positions more often and making better runs into the area because they know the service will be there. Soldado's movement has been lacking mainly because he's getting nothing to feed off of. Start getting him crosses from out wide into dangerous positions and he'll come good.

In a perfect world I'd have:

Townsend - Soldado - Lamela
------- Eriksen - Paulinho
------------- Sandro

but for now,

Townsend - Soldado - Lennon
------- Holtby - Paulinho
------------- Sandro

Is what we should go with.

I don't that the issue with service is down to inverted wingers. Played properly, inverted wingers should give our poachers exactly the kind of service that they need and help us get bodies in the box. For the moment though, select Lennon is a no brained, so we'll obviously see more cut backs across goal.

Back