• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I think there's more to this than has been released by the Telegraph so far. Yesterday afternoon there was at least one story suggesting material had been handed to police. I can't see that being related to the opinions he gave in the first story/video.

Presumably at those meetings yesterday Allardyce spilled everything that was discussed, and that there's more to become public.

no, no... this is where i think you are wrong. I think the FA got rid of Sam mainly due to the his views and comments he made about others. It was probably far less about the money element. He has made them look right clams by taking this tinkle out of Woy, Prince Harry/William, his views on the FA making money.

The FA can't have it both ways... either you are allowed to air your views or you are not. The subject shouldn't matter.

I don't think that Allardyce lost his job because he called Hodgson Woy. His position became untenable when he was caught on camera agreeing to take money in return for advising people how to circumvent his employer's rules.

We shall find out about other managers this week because evidently eight PL managers were also approached.

I do think that the England manager's position is slightly different to club managers though. Because he is employed by the games rule makers, I think that means that they cannot be seen to break or assist in breaking the rules. Especially, if they are doing it for personal gain.

I think there's more to this than has been released by the Telegraph so far. Yesterday afternoon there was at least one story suggesting material had been handed to police. I can't see that being related to the opinions he gave in the first story/video.

Presumably at those meetings yesterday Allardyce spilled everything that was discussed, and that there's more to become public.

The Telegraph has confirmed that there is more to come but I would've expected them to have led with the biggest story.

The FA had a full transcript from the Telegraph.

obviously Big Sam isn't liked and his character has gone against him in this instance but the newspaper has gone beyond acceptable imho. I wonder what the reaction would be like if it was Wenger, Poch or Klopp who were the subject of this. My point is if you offer enough money nearly anyone can be turned. In this instance 400k was enough for Sam to be interested.

Spurs fans were all very anti the press etc when it was one of our own in Harry Redknapp, who was subject to this appalling practice. We knew he had cheated the HMRC but as we were flying at the time it was acceptable.

I'm not questioning whether most people would if offered enough (they would) or whether the newspaper's ethics were dubious (they are) but the bottom line as far as I know is that if you blatantly act against the interests of your employer, whatever your character, then you are likely to be sacked. Of course the subject content should matter - it has to be relevant to the position you hold or the field you are employed in, which in this case Sam did score on as well.

I get your point re the press and their tactics but there really is no defending Alladyce or the outcome IMO.

I'm not questioning whether most people would if offered enough (they would) or whether the newspaper's ethics were dubious (they are) but the bottom line as far as I know is that if you blatantly act against the interests of your employer, whatever your character, then you are likely to be sacked. Of course the subject content should matter - it has to be relevant to the position you hold or the field you are employed in, which in this case Sam did score on as well.

I get your point re the press and their tactics but there really is no defending Alladyce or the outcome IMO.

Agree he had to go. No other option in the scheme of things and i am not defending him.

The Telegraph has confirmed that there is more to come but I would've expected them to have led with the biggest story.

The FA had a full transcript from the Telegraph.

The transcripts from the Telegraph are online, and there still isn't anything that I can see as a police matter.

The biggest story is the England manager being sacked, and the story that gets him sacked quickest is the one where he gives advice on how to get around third party ownership rules. It's a clear cut decision for the FA.

Stories coming out today about Cardiff and alledged payments are closer to being criminal, but will take much longer to investigate.

I think Sam and the rest of manager pool should lay off the booze, he was slightly 'over relaxed' and that was not good.
He looked well oiled in some of those pictures. A very British disease.

I don't think that Allardyce lost his job because he called Hodgson Woy. His position became untenable when he was caught on camera agreeing to take money in return for advising people how to circumvent his employer's rules.

We shall find out about other managers this week because evidently eight PL managers were also approached.

I do think that the England manager's position is slightly different to club managers though. Because he is employed by the games rule makers, I think that means that they cannot be seen to break or assist in breaking the rules. Especially, if they are doing it for personal gain.

Did he do that though?? I thought he agreed to take money to become a key note speaker for the 'consortium' (and said he'd have to check with FA before doing so) rather than taking it for advising how to get round the laws?

That being said, I still think after suggesting that you can get round the 3rd party player rules he has to go.

Also, I'm glad he's gone. 1. because I'm not English and 2. Because he's a big fat bell end.

Back