• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I dont even see why Kane is needed for the friendlies. Thought the whole idea of friendlies was to experiment and try out new faces. If Southagte doesnt know what Kane can do by now, then he is in the wrong job. Can understand Abraham being drafted in

I dont even see why Kane is needed for the friendlies. Thought the whole idea of friendlies was to experiment and try out new faces. If Southagte doesnt know what Kane can do by now, then he is in the wrong job. Can understand Abraham being drafted in
Good try, but we gotta remember not only is Harry currently the England captain but also desperate to play every minute of every game. With harry you have to buy into the whole package, we get the benefit of his passion but it's not exclusive to us.

Don't forget also Poch never misses an opportunity to big up the England connection. He'll no doubt get even more acclaim now for supplying six Tottenham players to the squad plus one notable ex.

So there's nothing for it but to go with the flow and hope none come back crocked.

If I was running the FA I would ask Pochettino to manage England at the World Cup. He could easily take a starting 11 where 7 of the outfield players were his current or previous players. Back 3 of whoever, Rose, Walker/Trippier/Clyne, Dier, Winks, Lallana, Alli And Kane for example. Even Sterling in for Lallana you have a player used to pressing who should fit in.

A month to drill the centre backs and get the previous players back up to speed and all of a sudden you would have an international side that's much more of a team than almost any other side at the tournament. Playing a style they know very well and under a manager they fully trust and rate highly.

Would be the best chance of actually doing well England could possibly have.

If I was running the FA I would ask Pochettino to manage England at the World Cup. He could easily take a starting 11 where 7 of the outfield players were his current or previous players. Back 3 of whoever, Rose, Walker/Trippier/Clyne, Dier, Winks, Lallana, Alli And Kane for example. Even Sterling in for Lallana you have a player used to pressing who should fit in.

A month to drill the centre backs and get the previous players back up to speed and all of a sudden you would have an international side that's much more of a team than almost any other side at the tournament. Playing a style they know very well and under a manager they fully trust and rate highly.

This makes far too much sense for the FA to even consider it.

I like it.

....and Levy could absolutely bumfudge the FA for a loan fee.

All fit what is your England team

Pickford
Walker Smalling Dier ???? Rose
Wheelchair Winks
Rashford Kane Dele

It's kind of what the Lions do with Warren Gatland

All fit what is your England team

Pickford
Walker Smalling Dier ???? Rose
Wheelchair Winks
Rashford Kane Dele

--------------Butland
Walker-Gomez-Lascelles-Rose
---------Dier-----Winks
Rashford----Alli----Lallana
-------------Kane

It's the CBs and WFs where we're really struggling

Kane has been struggling since the hamstring injury, Winks took a knock and Dele missed the last game, yet still some people moan about them dropping out (fans from elsewhere). Henderson and Sterling sound like the dodgy ones though, Delph maybe, but his injury history is pretty major, so maybe more believable.

As for a team for the summer.

-----------------Pickford--------------------
---------Dier---Smalling---Stones----------
Walker----------Winks-----------------Rose
------------Lallana----Dele------------------
--------------Kane--Rashford---------------

It's balanced, energetic and plays to a lot of the players strengths. Outside of Pickford, all players are getting minutes in the Champions league and play for sides in the top 6 clubs.
The best bit is that we don't look good with two at the back, so a 352 or 343 would actually work really well.
Sterling is the tough omission but would probably rotate/challenge Rashford. Barkley (if fit in time) can switch in for Lallana or Dele, Henderson can play in the midfield 3 as can Delph and RLC.

Outside bets would be Shelvey in the midfield, Lingard or Townsend as players to change our shape. Vardy, Abraham are also good calls for bringing something different to the side.

Squad
============
Pickford
Hart
Butland

Walker
Trippier
Dier
Gomez
Smalling
Jones
Stones
Rose
Young

Winks
Lallana
Dele
Barkley
Hendersen
Delph
RLC

Kane
Rashford
Sterling
Abraham
Vardy
Lingard

Kane has been struggling since the hamstring injury, Winks took a knock and Dele missed the last game, yet still some people moan about them dropping out (fans from elsewhere). Henderson and Sterling sound like the dodgy ones though, Delph maybe, but his injury history is pretty major, so maybe more believable.

As for a team for the summer.

-----------------Pickford--------------------
---------Dier---Smalling---Stones----------
Walker----------Winks-----------------Rose
------------Lallana----Dele------------------
--------------Kane--Rashford---------------

It's balanced, energetic and plays to a lot of the players strengths. Outside of Pickford, all players are getting minutes in the Champions league and play for sides in the top 6 clubs.
The best bit is that we don't look good with two at the back, so a 352 or 343 would actually work really well.
Sterling is the tough omission but would probably rotate/challenge Rashford. Barkley (if fit in time) can switch in for Lallana or Dele, Henderson can play in the midfield 3 as can Delph and RLC.

Outside bets would be Shelvey in the midfield, Lingard or Townsend as players to change our shape. Vardy, Abraham are also good calls for bringing something different to the side.

Squad
============
Pickford
Hart
Butland

Walker
Trippier
Dier
Gomez
Smalling
Jones
Stones
Rose
Young

Winks
Lallana
Dele
Barkley
Hendersen
Delph
RLC

Kane
Rashford
Sterling
Abraham
Vardy
Lingard

Some fans have to moan about something especially when England are just playing a friendly.
It will give someone an opportunity, is how I look at it.

Back