• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Oh dear. U21s lose their Euro Semi Final to Germany. On penalties. They missed one. We missed two.
Tbh we did well to hang on to get to penalties

As soon as went 2-1 up we took a battering from the Krauts

Yep. It was a bit of an onslaught. I didn't see much of the first half but apparently we started pretty well.
It's good experience anyway for the players (and I don't mean getting used to being knocked out on penalties by Germany!). No shame in going out to favourites.

We just have to wait now to see if Marcus Edwards can shine for the U19s next month.

Yep. It was a bit of an onslaught. I didn't see much of the first half but apparently we started pretty well.
It's good experience anyway for the players (and I don't mean getting used to being knocked out on penalties by Germany!). No shame in going out to favourites.

We just have to wait now to see if Marcus Edwards can shine for the U19s next month.

Edwards is nothing like the players we had today... he can run with the ball for a start.

Got to hope that players like sessegnon and Edwards actually get some first team games to develop

Quite scary to see an England team today that had maybe the keeper and possibly chillwell who may play in a champions league side. Gray could too if he gets a decent move

What amazes me with these Chelsea lads is their technically poor at intentionally level yet look great at club level. Their all massive lads though

Edwards is nothing like the players we had today... he can run with the ball for a start.

Got to hope that players like sessegnon and Edwards actually get some first team games to develop

Quite scary to see an England team today that had maybe the keeper and possibly chillwell who may play in a champions league side. Gray could too if he gets a decent move

What amazes me with these Chelsea lads is their technically poor at intentionally level yet look great at club level. Their all massive lads though
Daresay Germany also had one or two big names missing but as Stuart Pearce pointed out it might have been different had we chosen to field the likes of Dele, Dier, Stones, Sterling and Rashford.

Daresay Germany also had one or two big names missing but as Stuart Pearce pointed out it might have been different had we chosen to field the likes of Dele, Dier, Stones, Sterling and Rashford.

A chunk of their under 21s are playing in the confederations cup I think

Germany are still a loooong way ahead of us

And Spain are the same too

they are ahead of us, but they should be, they have larger talent pools, better climate and a mature development system

like everything else in Britain, our football development is based on shouting a lot and telling the rest of the world how good we used to be

That was pretty woeful last night, then it is not a shock when you look who the manager is.

How can be compete unless we get better coaches in?

The issue with our league isn't the English players... its the foreign influx in my opinion that hinders chances

Long gone are the days where they added quality that helped us develop players. We now have a mass of average foreign players who are really adding little value and its why good english players carry a premium.

You only need to look at successful european sides like Germany and Spain and you can see that the majority of their national side play in country but are surrounded by other players from their own nation. The number in the prem had less than 40% of the players as British I think which is appalling.

I dont think one of the Chelsea players in the comps we have seen will play more than 5 first team games for them yet they there the leading youth team in the country and have been for some time. Its pretty scary that due to the demands for success they would rather buy in a foreign player than use a lad they have developed into the finished article. Id be so bold as to say they won't have an English regular starter next season and United may well be the same too if they buy more in

they are ahead of us, but they should be, they have larger talent pools, better climate and a mature development system

like everything else in Britain, our football development is based on shouting a lot and telling the rest of the world how good we used to be

That really is not true, I know a youth coach at Brighton and also a friends son is being coached there, the is an emphasis now on skill and tactics and learning different formations. They rarely have games in the coaching sessions and will focus on drills at which point in certain drills they have to completely change and take up different positions, my friends son is 9 and they have only ever played 5 a side games on small pitches.

The has been a big push in youth football in this country over the last few years and a lot has been learned from how other countries do things. Whether those young players get the chance to progress and get first team football is another matter.

If I were a young player I would train at a spurs/arsenal/chelsea but would leave at 18 to go and play for Leyton Orient because if they would stand a great chance of having a good career. I am half pleased the lad Sessegnon has signed a new contract for Fulham, I think he is a great little player and would love to see him with us one day, but if he does stay at Fulham he is giving himself a better chance of having a really great future ahead of him.

That really is not true, I know a youth coach at Brighton and also a friends son is being coached there, the is an emphasis now on skill and tactics and learning different formations. They rarely have games in the coaching sessions and will focus on drills at which point in certain drills they have to completely change and take up different positions, my friends son is 9 and they have only ever played 5 a side games on small pitches.

The has been a big push in youth football in this country over the last few years and a lot has been learned from how other countries do things. Whether those young players get the chance to progress and get first team football is another matter.

If I were a young player I would train at a spurs/arsenal/chelsea but would leave at 18 to go and play for Leyton Orient because if they would stand a great chance of having a good career. I am half pleased the lad Sessegnon has signed a new contract for Fulham, I think he is a great little player and would love to see him with us one day, but if he does stay at Fulham he is giving himself a better chance of having a really great future ahead of him.

That's at a PL club, I'm talking about the level of football coaching in primary schools, that's where the difference is.

There has been a big change in coaching over the last few years and as you say it is more skill based and ability, but its is still pretty rigid in some places. I say that as someone who worked in youth football ( and still have acsess to it) most of my working life.

That's at a PL club, I'm talking about the level of football coaching in primary schools, that's where the difference is.

Exactly, the Spanish system is replicated from playing fields to club, its why it worked.

Additionally and I maintain that, these lads will not get the chance, look at the Chelsea lads who have moved on now after scoring goals and being captain of their England sides. There is no next step.

Back