• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

If all fit what is our best eleven...

why do people have lamela starting?

Is that hope more than anything else?

Anyway , my starting 11 would be

.........................................lloris

walker....................Dawson...............verts......................rose

.............sandro (first name on the team sheet).....holtby

.....................................eriksen

Lennon.............................................................siggy

.....................................defoe

there were 5 positions that were up for grabs...that team could change at a drop of a hat

says alot about the depth of our squad....

.............................................................................LLoris
......................................... Walker............. Daws ............... Verts.............Rose
..............................................................Sandro ........Dembele.......................

......................................... Lennon .....................Eriksen..........................Townsend
......................................................................... Soldado

Last edited:
Honestly I had forgotten we had Eriksen, in my mind, it seems ages since he played, any news on his return?

Ok maybe not his workrate but his defensive awareness, remember Emirates Marketing Project with him switching off when Zabaleta tore down the flank. I think most people are suggesting a team where we have as many of our ball players/passers on at once, sacrificing the Dembele/Paulinho role for one of Erkisen/Holtby. Once again it comes down to who we are up against. In the second half against Fulham we actually had Paulinho sitting with Holtby and Chadli/Sig at #10 slot. It worked when we needed the goal, but unless we are planning to just outscore the other team this won't be solid enough.

If the chatter about us conserving energy for a period of time and only hitting hard and fast in a flurry after an hour is true (posters have commented as such) then Dembele and Sandro as the base behind one of Eriksen or Holtby is my pick. If however we are going to play classy, one touch passing, then Holtby alongside Eriksen with Sandro behind is my pick.

Honestly I had forgotten we had Eriksen, in my mind, it seems ages since he played, any news on his return?

same

My team is actually built around him cause of his hype, plus i have seen glimpses of genuine creativity i envy arsenal for, only glimpses mind you.

sandro for protection, holtby as well...only holtby is the best i can see of our remaining mids that would be able to supply eriksen quickly and technically

lennon / walker to stretch on the right and rose to stretch on the left...siggy as an added target to supply balls to have an end product in the final third....plus with sig he can act like a genuine midfielder so we can control the middle of the park

the dark horses in this are lennon and holtby...lennon is worked the inside of the pitch against bottom sunderland better than he has done in recent memory...if he continues this route then he will be a beast...holtby i starting to appeal to me as our starting box to box midfield. Great engine, good brain, technical, two footed, good strike of the ball. plays like winner

He is a hell of a player but needs to get up to speed of the prem.

I always saw him as a Modric type until the last few seasons where he has been playng as an off centre number 10.

Now I'm not sure where he will end up playing for us but he will be playing I'm sure if that

Sandro with him and Hotlby would be really interesting as you have craft, guile and bite!!!!

The reason we have looked better in the last 3 games is we're getting more players in the box and we appear to be playing a more fluid system... And that takes intelligent footballers which I think we have

Based on games so far this season and current form, I would say:

-------------lloris
walker--vlad----vert----rose
-------sandro---paulinho
--lennon-----holtby----townsend
------------defoe

I think that we need to see a bit more of the details before we jump to conclusions

i didnt jump to any conclusions trust me...., i know you're watching, the question mark gives me the out of it being a question....

although if he did do those things then it isnt good character, simple as really......emphasis on the 'if'

you should tell gutter boy to hand in evidence.

i didnt jump to any conclusions, i know you're watching, the question mark gives me the out of it being a question....

although if he did do those things then it isnt good character......emphasis on the 'if'

you should tell gutter boy to hand in evidence.

It's up to GB whether he wants to back up his claims but i'd take them with a big pinch of salt until he does

That's not a comment on GB's reliability BTW, I think that all unsubstantiated rumours should be treated as such

It's up to GB whether he wants to back up his claims but i'd take them with a big pinch of salt until he does

meh, i dont want to......i trust he did his research. the serving tastes good as it is.

I'm more taking a pinch of salt that this boy in the best young talent in the world.

That one need alot of chicken stock

meh, i dont want to......i trust he did his research. the serving tastes good as it is.

I'm more taking a pinch of salt that this boy in the best young talent in the world.

Has anyone claimed that? If he was that good he would not have joined us. He looks like a talented footballer though, I hope that he can settle with us and fulfil his potential.

GB often comes out with these stories and states them as fact, like he said Townsend's never played on the left in his life and then Andros himself on Goals on Sunday this morning said he spent his first 12 years playing on the left. Maybe Lamela did have a sulk and a tantrum, I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if GB is overstating it.

You say people are putting their faith in Lamela on hope but aren't you doing the same with Eriksen having only seeing glimpses? I'd say you need to give some people more credit that they've seen a lot of Lamela and Eriksen at Roma and Ajax

Has anyone claimed that? If he was that good he would not have joined us. He looks like a talented footballer though, I hope that he can settle with us and fulfil his potential.

Stenno did

there, not putting words in anyone's mouth. i read that. although it was more "he is one of the, if not the best young talent in the world"

am taking salt with that. i consider that to be exaggeration in support of our player

Back